When Do You Start Christmas Shopping?

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I decided to get the bulk of mine done early this year, picking up things little by little. I started last month and have two recipients crossed off my mental list so far. How about you?

I'm one of many who put it off until last minute

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Usually late November or early December, if I have some spare money, or I figure something out later either just days before Xmas or after Xmas.

Ditto, late November and early December. I try to get lists from all of my kids/grand kids. My wife used to do this and I struggled to continue it last December. I guess I'll try again this December.

December 24th.

January 1.

I buy things through out the year. Plus I do canning most of the summer and make jams and salsa.

The day after Christmas. I’m watching all year round for gifts for the next Christmas.

I tend to actually start buying stuff in November. I do most of my Christmas shopping online, so as long as I don't wait until the last 2 weeks, it doesn't really matter much.

I do kinda make mental note of ideas throughout the year. The problem is that my family tends to lean more towards the fun but practical when it comes to gifts, and if I come up with a good idea and buy it in say July, there is a non-trivial chance its intended recipient might end up buying it themselves before Christmas. There is generally an unspoken rule in my family that you arn't allowed to buy yourself any new "toys" in the November / December time frame unless you're damn sure it's not someones gift idea for you.

New years. It's like the candy offerings November 1st till they run out. Best prices on electronics once they can't guilt us to buy big ticket hurry scurry and get that Ipod under the tree.

Never, X-mas is a holiday I do not celebrate.

walmart has (and probably most outlets) Halloween Cards.... ??????... There used to be a saying that Valentines Day and Mothers Day were invented to sell cards and flowers (Valentines' is in the middle of winter so you know you'll get a good deal on fresh roses.) BUT ... Mothers Day was a peace movement started in Europe in the Crimean War and spread to the American widows and orphans from our "civil" war. Their motto was "I'll not raise my son just to kill some other womans son"

Christmas wasn't celebrated by the Pilgrims nor the Puritans. That was one reason they got run out of England. And their obnoxious views of other English groups. Nobody's perfect and I ain't taking sides.

I pick up stuff all the time and stuff it into a closet until it's time. The trouble with doing so for little kids is their ever-changing interests. One day they love this show, then the next day they come home and love a completely different one. :p

So I try and keep away from the 'fad' interests and get at the root of what they really like. Most kids have an interest that is independent of any franchise. ;) My great-niece is into 'barbies' so we've been picking up those cheaper Sparkle Girl dolls that Walmart has. Because she's only four and I don't quite trust her with a more expensive doll.

She really wants Bryer horses and I veto the hell out of that. She'll just end up breaking them or something. :p Maybe in a couple of years when I can trust that she'll take care of them.

Back