When did you know you were an ABDL?

as long as I can remember I think. Was never really into anything babyish other than diapers, but I always had an obsession for them.

I've been fascinated with diapers since I was 7 and always wanted to wear them. Started to wear them again after I was able to drive at 18. Had to drive four towns over so I wouldn't run into anyone I knew.

I liked diapers only a few months after I was trained, and kinda felt like I never wore diapers in the first place. The fascination of "I wonder how this feels" eventually became more intense and sexual at puberty. I learned about ABDL when I was 12 and made an account of a Website called ABDLplay...
I became an AB when I was 13 but the reasons why are really a hard to explain mess. It basically boils down to a desire for the love care guidence and protection that caregivers give to babys children and pets mixed with an appreciation for cute things.

I guess it depends on your definitions. I remember being drawn to diapers at age 3-4 and while it wasn't a constant obsession, it would come back around with some frequency and force as I got older. I didn't get to wear them or even really properly examine them when I first got the urge but I tried taking the diaper bag to my room and was told those weren't for me. I didn't really act on it until I was 10 or 11 and that was when I bought some plastic pants and stole the occasional diaper from family friends.

I would say I wasn't properly and ABDL until that later time when I felt compelled to really act on it in a weird way. I knew I was doing something strange but that didn't stop me and I think that's sort of the essence of it for me. It's the understanding that it's odd but proceeding anyway because I was driven to. Of course it wasn't until years later I learned I wasn't alone and at first I was an "infantilist" but AB/DL and later ABDL wound up being a more popular and more appealing description for what I was up to.

I started to wet the bed when I was about 11 years old. Before that time I never thought about diapers (or at least I don't remember thinking about diapers).

My parents had me wear some diapers for my bed wetting, which cleared up around 12 or 13.

During this time, I would occasionally wear the diaper during the day and pee in them. After this, I did the same occasionally. I didn't start to wear and use diapers more until after I moved out of my parents house.

I've always had an interest & desire to be in diapers for as long as I remember, dating back to about being 5 or so years old. However, I didn't know the term ABDL until I was 14 or 15, and began wearing when I was 16. As a child, I would beg my parents to let me wear a diaper and would steal my little brother's diapers & pull ups all the time. I was caught a few times by my family, but, I was around 8 years old when that occurred.

Since I was 7, I used to steal diapers from my younger siblings and hide them for my self 😝

Reactions: Babygroot13
generally age is around 12 years old, and it's the same for me.

Reactions: Babygroot13
Cottontail said:
It goes back as far as I can remember. I was indulging it when I was 5-6 years old, borrowing my sister's cloth diapers, and I'm sure it's no coincidence that my earliest memory is of being diapered for bedtime.

But it wasn't until I was in college that I realized "ABDL" was a thing. During the dozen-or-so intervening years, I figured I was a one-of-a-kind weirdo.

Discovering that there was this whole other dimension of weirdos was comforting. :)
Weirdos for life!

O
neophyte said:
Great topic! This is something I think about often enough.

The answer is that I've known that I am a DL my entire life, for sure since I was 4 years old.

A few indicators and a bit super embarrassing.
  1. When I was 7 I took the diaper off my sisters doll and put it on myself to wear and pee in
  2. I used to put my moms maxi pads in my underwear and pee on them
  3. When I was 6 my best friend and I were playing out side and bored, he for whatever reason said "I can ask my mom if we can put on my younger brothers diapers"; I remember feeling excited but played it cool "ohh okay". He asked his mom, obviously she said no. I wonder to this day if he is a DL.
  4. I had a sleep over when I was about 8 and my friend wore diapers at night, we shared a bed. I was so excited, I kept talking about diapers and asking him questions until he got a bit firm and said why do you keep talking about diapers. In the morning I tried to steal one and knew where I would hide it but I couldn't find them in his bag.
and so on etc...

Even as an adult my mother in law dropped off a sleeve of pampers at my house, I came home and no one was there, I saw the diapers and kept looking at them and tried to think of a way to get one out to wear and pee in.

I stole some medical diapers from my neighbor a few times which was great.

The real trigger was discovering Rearz, and other ABDL diapers on Amazon about 3 months ago. It finally clicked that I could order some discretely and ship to a pick up point.

I still hide this from my wife, I keep thinking this is temporary and I just need to get it out of my system.
[/QUOTE/
neophyte said:
Great topic! This is something I think about often enough.

The answer is that I've known that I am a DL my entire life, for sure since I was 4 years old.

A few indicators and a bit super embarrassing.
  1. When I was 7 I took the diaper off my sisters doll and put it on myself to wear and pee in
  2. I used to put my moms maxi pads in my underwear and pee on them
  3. When I was 6 my best friend and I were playing out side and bored, he for whatever reason said "I can ask my mom if we can put on my younger brothers diapers"; I remember feeling excited but played it cool "ohh okay". He asked his mom, obviously she said no. I wonder to this day if he is a DL.
  4. I had a sleep over when I was about 8 and my friend wore diapers at night, we shared a bed. I was so excited, I kept talking about diapers and asking him questions until he got a bit firm and said why do you keep talking about diapers. In the morning I tried to steal one and knew where I would hide it but I couldn't find them in his bag.
and so on etc...

Even as an adult my mother in law dropped off a sleeve of pampers at my house, I came home and no one was there, I saw the diapers and kept looking at them and tried to think of a way to get one out to wear and pee in.

I stole some medical diapers from my neighbor a few times which was great.

The real trigger was discovering Rearz, and other ABDL diapers on Amazon about 3 months ago. It finally clicked that I could order some discretely and ship to a pick up point.

I still hide this from my wife, I keep thinking this is temporary and I just need to get it out of my system.
I used to steal diapers too! from my baby cousin, Though I could only pee in them a little bit and I would have to sit on them. God, I thought that it was so perverted and that I was a paedophile but I realised that the diaper urge was just because I wanted to regress to infancy and because it felt nice to wear diapers.

Sheepies said:
I've had these feelings as long as I can remember. My whole life for baby and child like tendencies.

Diapers since age 11.

Wasn't until around 20 that I realized "hey I'm not as weird and alone as I thought." When I found ADISC
Hey sheepies how did you get access to diapers when you were only 11?

Probably like everyone else for as long as I can remember Ive been drawn to wanting to wear diapers. I would steal from time to time from my younger sisters stash and put one on. For one reason or another it never occurred to me to steal the diaper pins to pin the Pampers on. I would just wear them under my underwear and pants. I can also remember one time we went to the neighbors house because they had a basement and we were under a tornado watch. I was surprised to see that the boys were all wearing cloth diapers with plastic pants and wishing that my parents had done that to me. Point is Ive always been drawn to diapers but I always thought that I was the only one like that. It wasn't until the internet that I found out that there are thousands out there just like me with the same desire to be diapered.

I don’t ever remember not wanting to wear diapers. We got internet access in 1995 when I was 12. It didn’t take me long to do some searching and find that there were others like me and that there was a name for it.

Babygroot13 said:
Hey sheepies how did you get access to diapers when you were only 11?
Not proud of it but my grandma would get diapers through insurance that she didn't need and would sell them.

As a kid I would sneak a couple from open bags. Didn't do it often, but it was where I got hooked on diapers from.

Wanting to be back in diapers? Probably early on around age 4-5. I was a bedwetter and thought diapers would be more comfortable than waking up to a wet bed, liner or no liner. Knowing it as being an AB/DL didn't come around until about a decade later when I first started seeing diaper sites on the internet and realizing that I wasn't the only one with such a crazy idea, hahaha.

PaddedInPuyallup said:
I have memories of wanting to be in a diaper since the young age of 4. However, I didn’t know I was abdl until my late teen years when the internet was becoming a thing. It was great to find out I wasn’t alone.
Same as me. It was definitely a relief to know that I wasn't the only one like this. Growing up with these feelings was very confusing.

I first liked diapers when I was 9 and I didn't know the term adult baby until I was 12 when I saw it online when I accidentally discovered the community. I found out there were other people out there who liked diapers and some even wore them for bed wetting and they would write how good it feels to wake up in a wet diaper than in a wet bed. I am pretty sure some were just bed wetters and they had embraced their diapers. Plus there were parents in the community too talking about how their kid liked wearing them and they just let them keep it on during the day and not take it off when they get out of bed. The whole community was different then. But it made me feel normal about liking diapers then and I was happy to find out I wasn't the only one.

I didn't come across the term AB/DL until I was 15 and I heard of the term teen baby. That is what minors had called themselves who wore diapers and had bottles and pacifiers and also wrote AB/DL stories.

I had to wear because of spinal injuries while in the military. After I was healed I just found I slept better with diapers on.

my story is pretty much the same as lots of others. Was a late potty trainer dude to undiscovered high function autism. Ended up being forced into diapers for accidents and secretly began to want them. Like others i would (borrow) diapers from friends houses and whatnot and try them on and also found out there was a community when the internet became a thing

Back