Whats your preferred padding for dealing with Incontinence? Pull-ups, Medical Grade Diapers or ABDL Diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoubleDiapered said:
Rule of 2s
2 Pull up Cloth Diaper Pants
2 Cloth Inserts
2 pair Plastic Pants
For sleeping. Difficult in Summer!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_47d7.jpg

DoubleDiapered said:
Rule of 2s
2 Pull up Cloth Diaper Pants
2 Cloth Inserts
2 pair Plastic Pants
For sleeping. Difficult in Summer!
Are you incontinent?

My primary use diapers, which I wear 24/7 for dual incontinence, are cloth contours or prefolds with Snappis and plastic pants. When at home I add a folded terry bath towel as a soaker, for added liquid capacity, and a folded terry hand towel as a liner to ease mess cleanups. If the logistics of dealing with used cloth diapers is too troublesome I will wear Abena Abri-Form M-4’s (of which I just received 2 cases that should last me about 6 months). Even with the Abenas I wear plastic pants for leaks and to keep the tapes from being pulled loose by my clothing. Recently I ordered 3 pair of PEVA plastic pants in medium which fit me quite tightly and they hold these Abenas in place very snuggly which I prefer. This “belt and suspenders” approach to wearing disposables has saved my clothing on several occasions when I couldn’t change when I should’ve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, chuck and LittleEnigma
Definitely plastic pants to avoid leeks. :giggle: (y)

LittleEnigma said:
Hi as someone with permanent urinary incontinence I wear all 3 forms of padding, usually pull-ups during the day, as they are more discreet, but they don't hold that much, between changes. I love to wear an ABDL Diaper at night because they tend to hold larger volumes, being much thicker. I also love the little designs. ABDL Diapers are fairly new to me, as is an ABDL lifestyle. I wish i had discovered both sooner. What is your preferred padding for dealing with incontinence?
Been IC my whole life
Tried every brand on the market medical and abdl

settled on Abena
Decent diaper (there are better of course but im very happy with them)
my insurance covers part of the cost
If you haven't yet check with your insurance / assistance programs that help in this area
Being IC you don't have to worry about the cost so much

Reactions: Diprs2, Jonnythepony, surprise35 and 2 others
SparkyDog said:
Been IC my whole life

settled on Abena
If you haven't yet check with your insurance / assistance programs that help in this area
Abena are definitely my go to medical diaper of choice for IC, but as good as they are, they still only hold about 4500ml, where as an some ABDL diapers hold up to 8000ml. I am a heavy wetter at night, and so prefer a thick ABDL diaper with a pair of plastic pants over for good measure. :giggle: (y)

Reactions: Diprs2
LittleEnigma said:
Abena are definitely my go to medical diaper of choice for IC, but as good as they are, they still only hold about 4500ml, where as an some ABDL diapers hold up to 8000ml. I am a heavy wetter at night, and so prefer a thick ABDL diaper with a pair of plastic pants over for good measure. :giggle: (y)
Yea I change often and definitely don't need 8000ml ( I don't pee 8000ml in 2 days)
I've tried some 8000ml diapers they droop so much
they fit a niche market though for some

Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleEnigma
SparkyDog said:
Been IC my whole life

settled on Abena
I have Medicaid than health insurance is sucks. Medicaid is like CareSource for people with disabilities.

Reactions: LittleEnigma
Tasmaniandevilpadded said:
I have Medicaid than health insurance is sucks. Medicaid is like CareSource for people with disabilities.
Yea unfortunately every area has different systems
some of them are better than others for sure

Abena make a very good medical diaper. I used them myself extensively for many years as a fellow IC from birth, but now i've discovered the ABDL range i've been converted, but i realise cost plays a big factor in choice too. :giggle: :)(y)

Reactions: Diprs2
I like pin-on cloth diapers and snap-on plastic pants. I add a pre-folded cloth diaper in front for overnight.

chuck said:
I like pin-on cloth diapers and snap-on plastic pants. I add a pre-folded cloth diaper in front for overnight.
Snap on plastic pants nice. :giggle: (y)

Reactions: furry121
LittleEnigma said:
Hi as someone with permanent urinary incontinence I wear all 3 forms of padding, usually pull-ups during the day, as they are more discreet, but they don't hold that much, between changes. I love to wear an ABDL Diaper at night because they tend to hold larger volumes, being much thicker. I also love the little designs. ABDL Diapers are fairly new to me, as is an ABDL lifestyle. I wish i had discovered both sooner. What is your preferred padding for dealing with incontinence?
I sometime can wear pull ups during the day medical diapers don't do the job and if out a long go diapered.

sport1 said:
I sometime can wear pull ups during the day medical diapers don't do the job and if out a long go diapered.
Thick diaper is preferred 6000+ or 7000+ ml capacity. How do you wearing to bed?

• Love
Thick diaper is preferred 6000+ or 7000+ ml capacity. How do you wearing to bed?
For me i wear a thick ABDL diaper such as Tykables overnight, then plastic pants, then a onesie with snap crotch the PJ's to keep my legs warm. :giggle::giggle:(y)

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
sport1 said:
The problem with medical diapers is the don't hold much usually between 2500ml and 3500ml, that might be enough for some, but as a heavy wetter i need double the volume, or change more frequently. :giggle:(y)

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
At the moment, it's both ABDL (Incontol Select Vintage, which are literally like adult sized Pampers) or medical (Dry 24/7, Incontrol Essential or Incontrol Elite). I find the all work about the same, but the Select Vintage are definitely the most fun given the Pampers similarity.

• Love
HalMidLife said:
At the moment, it's both ABDL (Incontol Select Vintage, which are literally like adult sized Pampers) or medical (Dry 24/7, Incontrol Essential or Incontrol Elite). I find the all work about the same, but the Select Vintage are definitely the most fun given the Pampers similarity.
I've never used those, but i'm glad they work for you. :giggle: (y)

I use medical grade. I have nocturnal enuresis and use Tena diapers. They work really well! 🙂

Last edited:
KrankyPants said:
I use medical grade. I have nocturnal enuresis and use Tena diapers. They work really well! 🙂
Yes, agreed. Tena diapers are very good medical grade diapers. I used both Tena and Abena for many years. :giggle: :giggle:

Reactions: Diprs2 and KrankyPants
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back