What's your opinion of training pants

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have never purchased and have never worn a pair of abdl training pants. When I wear a diaper I always wear a pair of compression shorts over. They help smooth the edges and keeps the noise down. But I see that rearz is having a good sale on training pants. And I actually really like the look of a couple of them. My thought is I would wear a pair over my diaper instead of the compression shorts I always use. I figured if I have a minor league the training pads should absorb them. Also I thought on days that I'm not wearing a diaper that the training pants might give me a padded feel. What are your opinions of training pants?

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
They are fine for the padded feel on non diaper days and will probably work as you say over the top of one (though if it does leak things will still get wet as they are not waterproof).

They really aren't intended for using to soak much but they feel good and look cute.

Reactions: Halseyn and GatoChihuahua

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I haven't used training pants since I was a toddler

Furrytum

Will smile for pancakes.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They're not really all that absorbent, regardless of what the blurb on the website says. Holding less than a bladder full, they're intended for a few light dribbles only. More for show than go.

Reactions: Pantyman

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Furrytum said:
They're not really all that absorbent, regardless of what the blurb on the website says. Holding less than a bladder full, they're intended for a few light dribbles only. More for show than go.
Yes that's kind of what I was thinking. But I do like some of their patterns. So what do you think of one over a diaper? And I'm not even saying as a backup for leakage but just more for a look Factor. I could take an all white training pant and put over a pattern diaper and it might offer me some protection from being seen while wearing at work.

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
They are comfy on their own, but if you want something to wear on top of your diaper I'd suggest a diaper cover; training pants are pretty bulky/puffy. https://rearz.ca/incontinence/diaper-covers/?sort=featured&page=1

Rather than Rearz training pants, you should consider Big Tot undies, I've worn these over my diaper before and I am obsessed with these undies!

Last edited:

Furrytum

Will smile for pancakes.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pantyman said:
Yes that's kind of what I was thinking. But I do like some of their patterns. So what do you think of one over a diaper? And I'm not even saying as a backup for leakage but just more for a look Factor. I could take an all white training pant and put over a pattern diaper and it might offer me some protection from being seen while wearing at work.
They're quite bulky on their own, so you'd need to be aware that it may well be obvious that you're wearing something.

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I really like the thinner one as a diaper covers .... If I do have a leaks it helps out ....

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Gerber either did or does make toddler training pants with a waterproof cover most training pants are thicker underwear but not waterproof they are for light dribbles or you need to use them with plastic pants

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I enjoy my Baby Pants training pants--the thicker "My First" variety. They're comfy and they function reasonably well as light-absorbency diapers when worn with some sort of waterproof cover. They're also great for just feeling padded.

Reactions: Halseyn

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
neophyte said:
They are comfy on their own, but if you want something to wear on top of your diaper I'd suggest a diaper cover; training pants are pretty bulky/puffy. https://rearz.ca/incontinence/diaper-covers/?sort=featured&page=1

Rather than Rearz training pants, you should consider Big Tot undies, I've worn these over my diaper before and I am obsessed with these undies!

True BigTot make great kids look undies, my fave on there thugh has to be DiaperUOfficial.

Their diaper look pants are awesome.

pierrelebleu

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pantyman said:
Sure, or the opposite. White nappy (with stuffer), baby print training pant. It adds bulk, and the design is cute. I say go for it! P.

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I want to some training pants. I had to wear 2 pair at a time as a kid along with a plastic pants

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wore cloth training pants and plastic pants to school. One or two times a week I had a messy accident on the bus on the way home. I got changed and diapered when I got home.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have 2 pair of "My First Trainers" from Babypants. I don't wet them very often and I've never messed them. I prefer them dry. They're a little loose on me but they feel great under a onsie. Super soft and thick too. One definitely knows they have something on other than underwear. I just don't wear them that often, I prefer diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOCKMAN, chuck and RoseofThorns

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Never worked for myself with bowel problems. It was full Terry nappy and rubbers or risk of major accidents. My family chose the former, thankfully

ShyBoo81

Just a simple guy who likes cute things
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Training pants are perfect for my use case because I like the feeling of a cute padded diaper, but I dont wet often so absorbency isnt as big of a concern. The only downside is I have to wash them occasionally which is hard to do when you're trying to keep your ABDL stuff a secret from parents, so I end up only wearing them once in a while

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tiger Underwear has some great Trainers for adults. https://www.tigerunderwear.net/collections/mens-trainers They handle small wettings at night but I always use plastic underpants with them to prevent small wetness breakthrough to my sheets (but I have a plastic mattress cover on the bed also as a 2nd backup just in case.

For more absorbent training underwear, Babypants https://www.baby-pants.com/training_Pants has 2 levels of trainers. I have one pair of regualr and another pair of the thickest and it can handle a lot beneath my plastic underpants.

I wore training pants beneath my plastic underpants at night for most of my youth age 4 - 12.

Diapertoddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
They didn't work out for me, if they were custom fit specific to my body they might work. They are just not snug where I want them to be and I always feel like my boy part is going to get to close to the side and miss the pant all together. Then after wearing for awhile the waist band loses its elastic stretch and I'm constantly pulling them up. I hate the feeling of underwear falling down, and they are perfectly dry incase your wondering. I didn't use mine for wetting purposes simply because I don't trust them. Sorry to be negative on this one, my personal experience.