What's your hangover cure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
So there are a few threads on this already, but all from early last year so it's time for a new one!

What's your hangover cure?

I always try to drink a lot of water when I get home, and eat something that shouldn't make me sick, like pizza or toast.

Apparently the best thing for a hangover is a nice wee IV drip, but I doubt many, if any, of us have access to that.

And, if I'm up to it, then there's always the yummy greasy fried food. :)

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Cornetto's, work like magic. But of course there is nothing better for a hangover than a good old English Breakfast, bacon, sausage, beans, hash browns. Works and tastes amazing.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Lots of water!
Plus a yummy breakfast with bacon and sausages, or a full English if I've really prepared! :D

I'm not sure if these things actually work though, they're still nice though. :p

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hangovers are much worse if you're dehydrated and you need extra salt (for some reason - I think all the extra fluid causes your salt level to drop), so lots of water and a cooked breakfast are pretty damn good. Then maybe a hair of the dog!

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
A couple of large glasses of water, and some ibuprofen, consumed after the party before bed. Hangover prevention, really. Sometimes, maybe a spicy Bloody Mary to get the fuzz off my tongue !

Last edited:

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I just drink straight from the kitchen tap when no one's around.

B

Butterfly Mage

I agree with some of the others -- rehydration is the key to beating hangovers. Alcohol is a diuretic (meaning that it causes your body to lose water). A big part of the hangover headache is the electrolyte imbalance caused by the dehydrating effects of alcohol.

If you drink two glasses of water before going to bed, the hangover the next morning will be greatly attenuated.

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The best and only way to take care of a hang over is to actually drink some more or take two shots of liquor 75% or better. I found this out when i went to a drug/ alcohol class thru the state.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The best and only way to take care of a hang over is to actually drink some more or take two shots of liquor 75% or better. I found this out when i went to a drug/ alcohol class thru the state.

Yes this will take care of your hangover buy getting you drunk all over again, I didn't use liquor but beer.

You do this cure and you well on your way to being an alcoholic like I was.

Some people think eating while drinking is the cure or the prevention to a hangover but that doesn't work out.

The best way to avoid a hangover is to drink less, know your limits, unfortunately I always got drunk before I hit my capacity and suffered the next day until I started drinking again to feel better.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Water is #1 but oxygen huffed from the cutting torch is the best tip I got from one of the old timers at my first job.

BroCillian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have two ways of dealing with hangovers, one preventative and one curative:

1. While you're drinking, drink one non-alcoholic drink for every alcoholic drink you have. This will ensure your body has enough water in it to break down the alcohol you're taking in. It will make you pee more though, so make sure you are either well padded or close to a bathroom.

2. Drink a whole 500ml Gatorade or Powerade before bed. In the morning, drink another 500ml bottle of Gator/Powerade and eat a banana and four saltine crackers. The drink will re-hydrate you, the banana will give you potassium, and the saltines will settle your stomach and give you sodium.

Both of these have been test-driven by yours truly on several occasions and found to work quite well.

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
I don't like drinking, but if I do, i'll smoke a little weed :x

statik

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I only seem to get a hangover from tequila *grins* I drink a ton of "quality" beer, hard liquor, etc. When it comes to tequila though, gets me every time.

My favorite cure works like a charm though. Take a shower! The catch is don't be in a rush to get out. Just sit down and enjoy the shower.

Low elevation + hydration = success!

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Dunno - never had one. I guess you might say having a drink without alcohol before going to bed - but I don't always do that, yet I've never had one.

I guess not drinking too much (though probably more than enough), drinking spirits and being lucky are my pre-emptive hangover cures...

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I only seem to get a hangover from tequila *grins* I drink a ton of "quality" beer, hard liquor, etc. When it comes to tequila though, gets me every time.

My favorite cure works like a charm though. Take a shower! The catch is don't be in a rush to get out. Just sit down and enjoy the shower.

Low elevation + hydration = success!

Tequila is a bitch, but quality tequila (triple/fourth distilled) doesn't get you as bad as a regular one would. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.