What's your favorite movie?

Band of Brothers has been regarded as one of the best miniseries ever made, if not the best. Hanks and Spielberg did take occasional license in a few things but there was a lot of very visceral scenes in it...which gave it its depth which drew in the viewer. The Pacific, its sequel (or companion), did an even grittier job of portraying the hell which was the Pacific campaign. It didn't generate as much attention but to those who did watch, it didn't disappoint.

I hear Hanks and Spielberg are making a new one very soon...keep an eye out! 👁

Flags of our Fathers...is another fantastic one. That one was a heartbreaker in many, many ways. But it ranked right up there. Ira Hayes' account...wow. I was riveted. He got a pretty raw deal but he kept trying, despite his PTSD and the pariah status white America assigned him and all Native Americans. IMO, very few were as American as him.

Reactions: Wearing247 and Killerpanda3
I forgot, Disney's, song of the south. Once I find a copy I'll have it forever.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Band of Brothers has been regarded as one of the best miniseries ever made, if not the best. Hanks and Spielberg did take occasional license in a few things but there was a lot of very visceral scenes in it...which gave it its depth which drew in the viewer. The Pacific, its sequel (or companion), did an even grittier job of portraying the hell which was the Pacific campaign. It didn't generate as much attention but to those who did watch, it didn't disappoint.

I hear Hanks and Spielberg are making a new one very soon...keep an eye out! 👁

Flags of our Fathers...is another fantastic one. That one was a heartbreaker in many, many ways. But it ranked right up there. Ira Hayes' account...wow. I was riveted. He got a pretty raw deal but he kept trying, despite his PTSD and the pariah status white America assigned him and all Native Americans. IMO, very few were as American as him.

Clint Eastwood strikes again with Flags of our Fathers, but it was actually designed to be shown with another film called "Letters from Iwo Jima and shows both sides of the story of the battle for the island.

Also keep your eyes ope for Windtalkers about the Navajo code talkers used by the US army in ww2

*calls out "Hinkel? Hinkel, ist du?"* 🤭

To be honest, I don't have any one particular favorite movie, as there are so many that I like, however, I can list some of my top 10 personal favorites in no particular order.

10) King Kong (1933)
09) Casablanca (1942)
08) Dirty Dancing (1987)
07) Blazing Saddles (1974)
06) Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)
05) Back to the Future: Part 2 (1989)
04) Labyrinth (1986)
03) Hackers (1995)
02) Dazed and Confused (1993)

And my number 1 favorite is... Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Also with Honorable mentions going to...

The Seven year Itch (1955)
Fantastic Voyage (1966)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Poltergeist (1982)

And... On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

Reactions: Killerpanda3 and BobbiSueEllen
Love Actually = all time favourite, and also the best Christmas movie.

My 'little' side loves Frozen.

Reactions: stinkape, Killerpanda3 and BobbiSueEllen
PCBaby said:
I liked the Godfather although part 3 was a bit of a let down, and I watched a war film recently and I can't remember the title, but it was about a guy who joined the army but refused to carry weapons or use them, I also liked the Omen movies
That's Hacksaw Ridge, it's a great movie and honestly probably one of the better films of the 2010s in my opinion.

Reactions: PCBaby and DylanLewis
Gran Torino or Good Will Hunting

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Didn't have to think even for a second...

The Man from Snowy River.

...and while I have not jumped over as steep of a slope as as Jim Craig did in the movie, I've been on similar steep slopes on my own horse and this truly is a story about me. I can crack a bull whip just as he did , herd cattle at full gallop, and while this use of the whip has only been in quieting cattle into submission instead of horses, there is the same emotion and feeling as the movie portrays.

It is my life. It is me.

It is who I am, and rats to hell give a difference, I am who I am. A compilation of my little self to my adult cowboy self, I am this person in real life. Screw those who think that you can't be a baby and still be a rugged and strong and masculine cowboy. Just as Jim Craig is the gentle, yet strong, individualistic cowboy in the movie, that is who I am. I am a gentle, baby teddy bear, but yet this same strong cowboy persona in real life. Two opposites, yet equal in balance of the whole being of me.

A mix or two seemingly opposite worlds, and yet I hope may actually be at best a balance of strength and loving childlike innocence that makes me, well me.

🧸

p.s. --as an afterthought, I just wanted to share that if anyone here on ADISC or elsewhere who ever reads this, and in their own world is struggling with trying to balance their own little selfs with their own adult world and thinking that there cannot be a balance, I offer my own insight that you are not a baby trying to be an adult, or an adult who wants to be a baby, but rather you are simply you. There is a strength in the balance of both of these opposite worlds and never be ashamed of being who you are. This is a strength indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DylanLewis and BobbiSueEllen
Sidewinder said:
To be honest, I don't have any one particular favorite movie, as there are so many that I like, however, I can list some of my top 10 personal favorites in no particular order.

10) King Kong (1933)
09) Casablanca (1942)
08) Dirty Dancing (1987)
07) Blazing Saddles (1974)
06) Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)
05) Back to the Future: Part 2 (1989)
04) Labyrinth (1986)
03) Hackers (1995)
02) Dazed and Confused (1993)

And my number 1 favorite is... Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Also with Honorable mentions going to...

The Seven year Itch (1955)
Fantastic Voyage (1966)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Poltergeist (1982)

And... On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
10, 9,7 4 yes. Fantastic Voyage and Raiders Yes, On her majesty's secret service you have got to be kidding, George Lazenby was the worst Bond ever!

A Japanese anime movie called Redline and The Ghost and the Darkness 1996.

Favorite series is Victory at Sea 1952.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleMsZ
ScarletRoseRapier said:
A Japanese anime movie called Redline and The Ghost and the Darkness 1996.

Favorite series is Victory at Sea 1952.
Redline is fantastic!!

I’m very eclectic when it comes to movies.

The Wrestler. Fight Club. Braveheart. Kingdom of Heaven. John Wick. Sunshine on Leith. Dumb and Dumber.

Reactions: Lyokodl
The Princess Bride

Last edited:
Reactions: DylanLewis
Jaws. I consider it the be the best movie of all time.

During my teenage years, I used to say my favorite movie was The Land Before Time, but then I watched An American Tail, an earlier Don Bluth flick and I was so blown away by everything in the American Tail movie. It and the Tigger Movie are among my favorite movies of all time.

I hear the first two Terminator movies are excessively fantastic and how about Bram Stoker's Dracula?

I have many favorites mostly dramas or anything that makes me feel good inside .

The Toy Story trilogy I used to own the first Toy Story on vhs and Toy Story 2 on dvd. I wanna to see Toy Story 4 so bad. Don't know if it's on Hulu or Netflix right now.

Reactions: Lyokodl and stinkape
Makoto Shinkai's Your Name. It's soooo good 😁 also Kiki's Delivery Service

Last edited:
Saving private Ryan, band of brothers, hunt for red October to name a few. Big ww2 movie watcher

Reactions: Lyokodl and DylanLewis
Back