What's your favorite lightweight diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
While all the diapers I've ever worn are special in their own way, at any given time my stockpile has two "types" of diaper in it. The first is a type of diaper we've talked about on this site at length. A diaper that's bulky and is super absorbent to soak up a lot of wettings and be worn for an extended period of time. My longtime diaper in this type was Abena M4s, but with those dwindling in my closet I've given Dry 24/7s a try. Abenas and Dry 24/7 are both clearly designed to keep a bed dry overnight which means the design assumes you're wearing them in bed, and this means that some design features bring design flaws along with them. It's wonderful how high up on my torso the diapers come, and hey, the more wettings a diaper can hold the happier I am. But this also means that Abenas and Dry 24/7 don't get tight on me. In fact, walking around it's clear they'd fall right off me if not for the fact the crotch is so bulky my thighs hold it in place. On which note, the giant crotch isn't something I'm a fan of either. I realize a lot of ABDLs like the bulk and the waddle it makes you walk with, but I adore snuggling up in bed in a nice, warm, wet, and sometimes messy diaper. When the crotch is so bulky I can't easily close my legs when I curl up I really can't get comfortable. [Note- I find that Abenas were actually a bit better in this regard. Once I'd worn an Abena for a while the crotch would sort of collapse down a bit. Dry 24/7s so far have not.]

So I'd like to talk about the other type of diaper given that I don't think it's discussed nearly as much. Do you all have a favorite lightweight diaper? For all we shit on them, pun intended, I love Depends Maximum Protection. For those of you not familiar with the name, it's the one diapery diaper that Depends still makes. It's plastic-backed, has three tapes, and is diaper-style rather than pull-up style (which is to mean it tapes closed). It may lack the padding of Abena and Dry 24/7, but this in turn means a lot more flexibility. It conforms to my body a heck of a lot better which means I can walk around in one without it falling down, much like wearing a pair of traditional underwear. The thin construction is much more comfortable between my legs as well as it means I can close my legs just as if I was naked.

Does anyone have a diaper similar to this you'd recommend that I try out? I'd like to know if there's anything out there worth trying!

scott476

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would recommend tranquillity ATN. They are pretty thin, amd hold a decent amount.

lampkins

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The Wellness Superio, Molicare Comfort Super, Tena Flex Supers/Maxis, and Northshore Care Supreme Lite are a few good ones that I like which are comfortable, discreet, and much more absorbent than Depends.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Tranquility Slimline Breathable. Super comfy, nice fit, hold a very good amount, durable, comfortable, EXCELLENT value for the money, and the tapes are phenomenal. Strangely enough, they are the only cloth backed that I like and none of the things listed can be applied to the plastic backed version of these. The plastic backed ones are horrible and I don't particularly care for the ATN's either. Tranquility's plastic is far too thin and trash baggy for me, too delicate, and they don't have a good ratio of padding to plastic.

Tena Stretch is pretty amazing as well, very durable with activity. The only thing that would make Tena Stretch better would be standing leak guards. However, they are really good even without them. Great fit with the large single tab.

Tena Flex are really good too, and are by far the easiest to change in public. They do not have quite the coverage of a standard diaper, but they perform very well none the less.

rtt

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tena Slip Maxi (discontinued, however Bambino still stocks them) have to be the best lightweight diaper. They have an extremely comfortable fit, fantastic tapes, and can hold a great deal for their thin profile. Additionally, they seem to have great odor control.

They hide great under clothes, and can even be worn discreetly with dress pants.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I also look pretty favorably on Depends Protection with Tabs but they seem to be getting even harder to find retail. I don't know if I like them enough to order them online. I have some Tranquility ATNs and Northshore Supreme Lite Briefs on order for comparison. I've tried the ATNs before but it's been a while, so I want a more recent example before I decide what I'll get. The baseline Waddlers are very good that way but the print could be a problem for workplace discretion if there is peekage and they're also not currently available in medium, so the point is moot for further purchases at this time.

Akastus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Tena Slip Maxi (discontinued, however Bambino still stocks them) have to be the best lightweight diaper. They have an extremely comfortable fit, fantastic tapes, and can hold a great deal for their thin profile. Additionally, they seem to have great odor control.

They hide great under clothes, and can even be worn discreetly with dress pants.

I'll second that - it's still my favourite non-ABDL nappy, and I'm hopeful that the new Tena Maxi Active Fit will be a worthy successor.

Still, I'm not quite sure that it fits the definition "lightweight". They start off thin, but thanks to all the SAP, they swell pretty rapidly; the padding at the front and rear is pretty wide; and they are quite absorbent - not on a level with the likes of Space or Rearz, but sufficient that I would have no qualms about sleeping in one, so long as it was dry when I went to bed, and I hadn't consumed a rediculous amount of liquid. I think I'd describe them as "flexible".

pampers4U

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tena flex maxi (plastic backed) it's just a great all around diaper when out and about.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
TotalDry Plus Protection Fitted Briefs great daytime diapers. I did not have any leaks with this diaper.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tena Stretch is pretty amazing as well, very durable with activity. The only thing that would make Tena Stretch better would be standing leak guards. However, they are really good even without them. Great fit with the large single tab.

I'll second this. I love the Tena Super Stretch, but they make a lighter form, called the Ultra Stetch, which is good too, and a bit more discreet. I've never much cared for the Tranquility diapers, but it's personal taste.

-RMS

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I also look pretty favorably on Depends Protection with Tabs but they seem to be getting even harder to find retail. I don't know if I like them enough to order them online.

You can usually still find them at Rite-Aid.

I know they get a bit of a bad rap, but I actually like Attends Waistbands. I buy the larges because they aren't huge (Seni, Molicare, Abena), but they still rise high enough to cover the belly button, a feature a find very important in a diaper. As far as absorbancy goes, I rarely take the opportunity to sleep in diapers or wear them for a protracted period of time, so that means that wearing a premium diaper would be a bit wasteful. Right now, for example, I have about 3 hours until I have to meet a friend at the dog park and I'm wearing and Attends. I'll probably wet this one and possibly change into another one (and take that off too) before I go because honestly, what's better than changing your diaper?

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
tena slip maxi start thin but seem to have an extremely large amount of sap powder in them, they swell to enormous proportions when wet. (making side sleeping very uncomfortable) Comfidry and their clones are the only other diapers I've seen swell so much in the crotch when wet. So I don't think I'd go with them for a thin diaper if there's any chance if being wet.

I'd recommend either Totaldry Plus or Snuggies Waddlers. TDP are very cheap and handy taping guides. Waddlers are much more comfortable, have front/rear elastic, softer shell, a fair amount of sap, and double the capacity. Both diapers are quite thin when dry. TDP don't swell hardly at all, Waddlers only moderately. I wear waddlers daily to work. So I'd suggest TDP if low cost is important, otherwise Waddlers. (they're more expensive, but still a good value)

Last edited:

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
You can usually still find them at Rite-Aid.

I know they get a bit of a bad rap, but I actually like Attends Waistbands. I buy the larges because they aren't huge (Seni, Molicare, Abena), but they still rise high enough to cover the belly button, a feature a find very important in a diaper. As far as absorbancy goes, I rarely take the opportunity to sleep in diapers or wear them for a protracted period of time, so that means that wearing a premium diaper would be a bit wasteful. Right now, for example, I have about 3 hours until I have to meet a friend at the dog park and I'm wearing and Attends. I'll probably wet this one and possibly change into another one (and take that off too) before I go because honestly, what's better than changing your diaper?

That's where I've been buying them but they recently put the S/M size on 50% sale for card carriers and when I went back recently, they hadn't restocked. This leads me to think they may be phasing them out, as that was nearly the same process Walgreen's went through. I found some at another location but their stores were low. I hope I'm wrong but I need to have an alternative just in case.

Astatine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
For many years my favorite lightweigt diaper was the Attends Slip Regular, mostly the M10. I've always been a fan of Attends and I was quite disappointed, when they switched from the standard full plastic backed style to the hybrid style of the Regular. But even then the Attends just fitted perfectly for me, were slim and still could hold quite a bit (actually, compared to the emptyweight one of the most absorbent diapers I know). What I liked, was the idea of being able to wear pretty much anytime, because there is no way someone could discover such a slim diaper, but still have almost the same capacity as a full overnight diaper as a backup, just in case I had to delay a change. And then Attends switched to CF and recently made them breathable as well, which basically destroyed them (that is, they started to smell and sag). I don't have any problems with CF as such, it's just that there doesn't seem to be a single manufacturer out there who really got the hang of it, yet.

But I've also been on the lookout for a lightweight replacement since they switched to the Regular and I came across some nice alternatives, but all of them have some 'issues', mostly capacity wise. I've tried (several times) the Tena Slip Super and Maxi, but they simply didn't fit quite as nice (and subsequently leaked early) and I always thought, that they feel much too stiff. And I find their CF versions quite horrible, to be honest. Then I heard of the Molicare Comfort Maxi (the hybrid ones) and thought 'Well, they also make the Super Plus, how bad can they be?'. Very is the answer. They are super slim, almost like wearing no diaper at all, but at the same time they seem to lack SAP, and a way to dispense fluids properly. In the end, the couldn't hold even half as much as the Attends or Tena, even though they were the most absobent version of the Molicare Comfort.

After a while I discovered that they sell Super Seni Trio in a pharmacy nearby and I decided to give them a try. They only had the small version at that time, but I'm not exactly a huge person and they fitted quite ok, were reasonable absorbent and also super soft and comfy. The Seni's are the first CF diapers I kind of liked, but I didn't care for the small version too much, so I got the medium sized and was quite shocked when I saw that they are basically as huge as Abena M4's. That is not lightweight, but I still like them. But together with the Super Seni I also discovered the Seni Standard Plus and they are truely lightweight. They are not as absorbent as the Trio and nowhere near the Attends, but they have become sort of a standard for me, since.

But I couldn't stop looking, so I tried some Eurons, which were awful, and the ID Expert Slips, which didn't fit very well. I also tried the CF versions of some of my older favorites... and nope. Out of boredom, I ordered some of the Forma Care from save express and I must say, I quite like those. The X-Plus definitly isn't lightweight, but the Extra Night actually comes quite close to the older Attends, at least in my mind. I like their feel, their fit, they could be a bit more absorbent, but overall a very nice and light diaper. I think I might order a bag of them at some point.

Recently, I went to Taiwan for a couple of weeks and I simply couldn't resist buying some original taiwanese diapers :smile1: Taiwanese diapers work the same way as japanese diapers do, that is, the diaper itself is not very absorbent and you are supposed to use booster pads to make them work properly and then change the pads, not the whole diaper. But actually, the diapers alone aren't that bad and super thin and lightweight. I only had the chance to try two makes, AnAn (安安) and Dr. P (what a name :laugh: 包大人). The AnAn are super thin and loaded with SAP, but not as insane as the Tena Slip Maxi. I really love the Dr. P, though. On the first look, they appear cheap as hell, the plastic looks all flimsy and the padding seems in no way connected to the backing, the tapes look ridiculously small and the landing zone crinkles very loudly. But they fit like a dream and are the softest and most comfortable diapers I've ever worn. The padding, surprisingly, doesn't fall apart, the absorbancy is not phenomenal but still ok, they are full plastic backed and the company behind Dr. P is SCA. And I can't get them in Germany...

If I had to choose a favorite, I would still say Attends, the old ones, but on the journey to find a replacement for those I found some nice diapers and I now made it into sort of a habit to never order the same diapers twice in a row. Keeps the variety up.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I like the Tena Flex too. They are light, easy fit, and feel nice to walk around in too.

Last edited:

buddylee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think the best light weight diaper would be the north shore light. I have never really understood why people love the Atn's so much.Both the Atn's and depends feel like hospital diapers. The northshore light looks and feels like a premium quality diaper the Atn's and depends have cheap tapes like hospital diapers while the northshore light has good quality tapes like a premium diaper. The northshore light are not really thick but they are a lot thicker than the Atn's or depends. The are not bulky where you waddle and they are thin enough that you could be active in them like playing sports and stuff. If you have not tried them you really should.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Whenever I wear a thinner diaper, I tend to tense up. I don't feel comfortable using them. I feel they'll leak during the first void. I stand up and slowly let loose in spurts. Then I'm nervous to sit down. I already tend to boost cheaper diapers because of this reason. Sometimes I wear a cheap disposable under a cloth diaper if I only want to wear for a small time period and keep the cloth diaper clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.