• ABU Space

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • MyDiaper Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dotty Super Boompa

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
NorthShoreAdam said:
The MegaMax and Colored Supreme Lites are both bought buy ABDL and non-ABDL wearers. While that classification may be ok for people and their interests, I don't find it useful to label products as only for one group or another. We have non-abdl customers buying baby prints like Crinklz because they just want something cute and fun. I find it more useful to categorize the products by style and features such as printed, colored, landing zone, pull-ups, etc... Assigning a label suggesting that a product is intended to be used by only one group of people just adds stigma to all others that may find that product useful.
What you're saying makes perfect sense. If diaper manufacturers had taken your approach from the outset, there might not have ever needed to be ABDL diapers in the first place. We were the underserved, undesired portion of an already underserved market. Companies like Secure Personal Care found that there was a market to be served and came up with Bambinos. Others, including ABDLs, followed suit and now we have a wide variety of options.

Where you see stigma, we see identity. I'm not saying this as a slam on you or makers of incontinence products (I'm an enthusiastic customer of yours) but trying to explain how it is when what you want is never acknowledged. ABDL diapers are our thing. If you don't make them for us, they are not our thing. Economically, it makes the most sense to cast a wide net. For brand loyalty and goodwill of a small, maligned bunch of weirdos, it matters. Maybe some day, they'll all just be adult diapers. For now, ABDL diapers mean something to a lot of us.

Be careful because ABDL diapers means different things to different people. If u want ABDL to be accepted more then you have to accepting of others using abdl inspired products too. It's likely a big part of increasing acceptance of abdl community.

Reactions: RetroGamerGuy, 12srepaid and Deleted member 47221
NorthShoreAdam said:
Be careful because ABDL diapers means different things to different people. If u want ABDL to be accepted more then you have to accepting of others using abdl inspired products too. It's likely a big part of increasing acceptance of abdl community.
We vote with our wallets. We've already had to deal with Rearz attempting to trademark "ABDL." I think our general inferiority complex makes us quite open to anyone who treats us with a modicum of respect but if you want to get that extra level of enthusiasm, it takes something more. Make products for us and call it out and it's ABDL. If it's not, that's good too but it's not ABDL.

Trevor said:
We vote with our wallets. We've already had to deal with Rearz attempting to trademark "ABDL." I think our general inferiority complex makes us quite open to anyone who treats us with a modicum of respect but if you want to get that extra level of enthusiasm, it takes something more. Make products for us and call it out and it's ABDL. If it's not, that's good too but it's not ABDL.
I respect your views but we are going in different direction...removing labels on products so they are equally appealing to all people. We are moving away from labels like adult, youth, male, female so we dont pre-judge who should buy certain products. Walling off some products for ABDL only will mean fewer options and less acceptance and understanding of ABDL community.

Reactions: stldl4 and 12srepaid
NorthshoreAdam, keep up the good work and service that you bring. I thank you for limiting the amount of labeling.

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
NorthShoreAdam said:
I respect your views but we are going in different direction...removing labels on products so they are equally appealing to all people. We are moving away from labels like adult, youth, male, female so we dont pre-judge who should buy certain products. Walling off some products for ABDL only will mean fewer options and less acceptance and understanding of ABDL community.
I think that makes good sense. You don't need to be an ABDL company to be successful selling to ABDLs. All you really need are good products, service, and prices, all of which you have. For some, the ABDL focus will be motivating but I do believe that's a small subset even of ABDLs. It certainly doesn't guarantee good products, service, or prices as we saw with old ABU falling noticeably short in service.

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
I am in love with the dc idyl. The light blue reminds me old school diapers when pampers and huggies did the gender diapers. I was already potty trained then but still wanted them

NorthShoreAdam said:

I too think this is a good idea. While its actually a good thing to use labels properly, too many out there use or think of them improperly. Either that or they try and make themselves fit into or stay away from a certain label , which in itself is limiting and wrong. By avoiding labels you avoid the associated misunderstanding and indirectly decrease the misunderstanding of those labels.

babyjoe698 said:
I am in love with the dc idyl. The light blue reminds me old school diapers when pampers and huggies did the gender diapers. I was already potty trained then but still wanted them
The DC Idyls are gender-neutral.

bigtoddler96 said:
The DC Idyls are gender-neutral.

Well, they've got the kitten which are pink, and the idyl which are blue, so that tends to be seen as the "gender option"
(and if you're bored, go look up pink vs blue for babies... a long time ago blue used to be for girls and pink for boys, but then it switched)

bambinod said:
Well, they've got the kitten which are pink, and the idyl which are blue, so that tends to be seen as the "gender option"
(and if you're bored, go look up pink vs blue for babies... a long time ago blue used to be for girls and pink for boys, but then it switched)
Why did Diaper Conn. decided to add blue to it’s Idyl diaper line in the first place?

bigtoddler96 said:
Why did Diaper Conn. decided to add blue to it’s Idyl diaper line in the first place?

coloring your product pink is going to reduce the appeal for a significant chunk of your potential customers. And while adding additional product lines to your catalog has overhead costs, sometimes it's worth it to hang onto / pick up those customers that aren't finding what they want in your current offerings. ("not everyone wants a pink diaper")

Anyone for Rearz Lil Squirts, MyDiaper Blue or Super Boompa?

tomviper000 said:
I really like the Bumooza Alphabet! They aren’t blue all over, but the wings are blue and a lot of the letters are blue. I think it’s a pretty clean design and looks great!
I really like the design too. It's a shame they're being discontinued.

FloofyWolf said:
I really like the design too. It's a shame they're being discontinued.
ABU still has the Bumooza diapers for a limited time, but it’s only available in medium size. I didn’t list the Bumooza in the poll because the diaper does not meet a definition of a all-blue diaper and this poll is for all-blue printed diapers.

Last edited:
Little For Big Vintage Baby

None of the above. Sadly all blue diapers have that horrible no-lower-tapes design, which means they will leak on me before even reaching half capacity. Either that or they are medical grade diapers which don't even have a quarter of noramal capacity to beging with.

The new NS supreme light has a dark blue too. That's probably the closest to functional and blue diaper right now. It looks ok, but only has a medium level capacity. I really wish there was one with a realisticly high capacity, but there just isnt.

Slomo said:
None of the above. Sadly all blue diapers have that horrible no-lower-tapes design, which means they will leak on me before even reaching half capacity. Either that or they are medical grade diapers which don't even have a quarter of noramal capacity to beging with.

The new NS supreme light has a dark blue too. That's probably the closest to functional and blue diaper right now. It looks ok, but only has a medium level capacity. I really wish there was one with a realisticly high capacity, but there just isnt.
Blue, green and purple are coming to Supreme absorbency around February of 2020.

NorthShoreAdam said:
...we are going a different direction...removing labels on products so they are equally appealing to all people...
Confirmed!!! NorthShore is removing the "NorthShore" label prints from their MegaMax line! Yayyyyyy! 😁 ;)

Last edited:
Llayden said:
Confirmed!!! NorthShore is removing the "NorthShore" label prints from their MegaMax line! Yayyyyyy! 😁 ;)

Sorry, this is a misunderstanding. The discussion about "labels" was referring to calling them "ABDL diapers" or "Medical diapers", etc... not regarding the NorthShore logos on the sides of the MegaMax. For now the logos are still included but we will keep reviewing this situation to determine what's best for the brand and our customers. We do feel that there is value in wearing underwear with a brand name you trust printed on them. We understand some people prefer completely plain with no printing and we do have other options like the Supreme briefs in white which we are not adding logos at this time. We'll never be able to make one product that appeals to everyone's preferences.

Reactions: 12srepaid and Llayden
Back