3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
whats your buget for diapers i think i spent to much money

quartz200420012

Diaper Historian
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Around 80-100 bucks per year. I don't wear every day. I'll buy in bulk so, I maybe have on hand 1 or 2 diapers per week for the whole year.

Maux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I generally buy for the month at the beginning of the month. For the past year or so I've been wearing near exclusively Abena L4s ever since the L3s went cloth-backed, with the occasional ConfiDry or Absorbency Plus. It averages about $240.00 per month as 4 cases generally covers my between 3-5 changes a day.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Being on fixed income. Social Security that is. I spend $84.50 every 7 weeks for my disposables from XP Medical.
My 18 cloth ones are paid for and I spend $5.00 a month for detergent to wash them.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
About $5 for detergent and about $75 for replacement pants a year.

Incontinentia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm 24/7 so I get one case of Depend every 4 weeks at about $58 each. I'm also currently working on a more economical solution.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been wearing fairly frequently, and also trying out a few different types. Been enjoying Bambinos especially, but they're certainly not the cheapest thing out there. I'd say I'm spending for about a case every 2 months, so maybe $70 average per case, about $420 annually at this rate. I decided to stop drafting Magic: The Gathering around the same time I started buying diapers, and I used to do a draft about once a week, so I probably ended up with net savings o_O.

Crazypants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I wish I could spend more than $50 a year on em, but at this rate a single bag lasts me a long... LONG time.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
$1647.00 - last year. Up to $1700.00. I wear 24/7 so I'm great full that I'm in the financial situation that I can buy what I need and then some?

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Since I have decided to switch to disposables to see what difference it makes in our bills., I decided on $300 a month. That doesn't mean I will spend that much on diapers a month but that much if I am using them 24/7 and using a good brand that holds well and i don't go through many of them a day since I don't mess in them every time and I don't pee so much I have to change every few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

$1647.00 - last year. Up to $1700.00. I wear 24/7 so I'm great full that I'm in the financial situation that I can buy what I need and then some?

How do you keep it that cheap for disposables?

Wolfie666

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
Around 300 on disposables, just spent 75 on some cute cloth ones, and 100 on footie pj's and a nuk 6 pacifier

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Usually not more than $2/diaper. Right now I'm using 2 to 3 bambinos every 24 hours, with total dry boost ups.

Probably around $250 a month at a guess.

I would switch to Total Dry 24/7's maybe but they often leak out the back when sleeping for some reason. Seems like on the absorbtion rate on the bambinos is faster.

I probably drop this cost some by not purposely drinking so much water.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I have decided to switch to disposables to see what difference it makes in our bills., I decided on $300 a month. That doesn't mean I will spend that much on diapers a month but that much if I am using them 24/7 and using a good brand that holds well and i don't go through many of them a day since I don't mess in them every time and I don't pee so much I have to change every few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you keep it that cheap for disposables?

This actually seems pretty reasonable compared to my experience thus far (which isn't much).

Booster pads? Try to get 3 diapers in 24 hours maybe? Don't drink extra water on purpose? I'm still experimenting with these combinations.

Dropping caffeine had a huge effect in decreasing my urine output. Also alcohol makes me pee a lot.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In 2013 I spent $463 on disposables. I am wearing much less this year. Oh and I only wear them for fun/other not need.
Edit; $463 is a minor amount in my annual budget.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My first purchase was Sept 2007, and I've got $2,800 in my ledger for DL purchases since then.

I bought my first case in Dec 2010, so I'll call that the start of my serious purchasing. $2,270 in 3 1/2 yrs, that's about $650/yr. Not too surprising. (I'm abnormally well-stocked right now though which is probably skewing things slightly)

tumblr_inline_mraa6kcNqj1qz4rgp.gif

Ragequit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Well, I usually buy them at discount prices from secondhand sources etc.
So far this year I got
9 bag attends with waistband (18/bag)
3 bag molicare super plus (14/bag)
-$50
2 bags Kendall wings poly back (14/bag)
2 bags Coviden pull-ups 20/bag
3 bags first quality nu-fit (16)
1 bag nite pants (open) (Goodnites generic) (10)
-$25
2 bags attends breathable (20 per)
1 bag generic medical briefs (cloth backed, like wings) (12)
1 bag Goodnites lg/xl (12)
-$15
1 bag attends pull-ups (leak guards, cloth backed) (12)
1 bag attends slips. (20)
-$8

Still less than $100 and I still have most of it. I found a guy on CL who is selling abena for $10/bag and I think I might go get some of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.