Whats wrOng with Tags?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Nothing. I just removed the ability for moderated people to add them to threads.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
What's this obsession about tags anyway? I have never used the system to search for a thread.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Why did I know that this would be a betalame thread.

I don't understand the obsession with tags either.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Tagging is good, but the way you used the tag system betagame is exactly the reason why it is disabled for moderated users. EVERY thread you posted I had to remove 1 or 2 tags. Tags aren't used to tell people what you were listening when you posted it or to add who posted it. But what the thread is about.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Aww... but I liked being able to put "betagame" as a tag in the threads he made... was an easier way to keep track of the lameness.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well, Betagame...The majority of your tags have nothing to do with the actual thread that you make...

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Aww... but I liked being able to put "betagame" as a tag in the threads he made... was an easier way to keep track of the lameness.
He put his name in himself too, and as it's not to the point I deleted it. I would also do that no matter who put that tag in.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Tags can be useful, but only when used properly. I'm afraid that your tags weren't relevant to the topic at hand.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
If you want to see betagame's threads, go to his profile and use the link there to find all his threads. Tagging all his threads with his name is redundant.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
This all said, I think it's possible to have fun with tags a little bit. For instance I have a tendency to use common Slashdot tags (whatcouldpossiblygowrong, streisandeffect, suddenoutbreakofcommonsense, etc.) on threads just for the fun of it, though I try to add serious tags as well. It's like the rest of ADISC - some of it can be serious, some of it can be funny, just don't abuse it. Just my :twocents:

--Danny :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.