Whats wrong with me?

Nick24798

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Well where to begin. I've been feeling pretty awful this past year but since November its been pretty bad. I'd been feeling pretty good prior to this but one Wednesday I decided to eat an weed brownie , not really knowing what would happen. What followed was a bad drug induced panic attack. I'd never taken drugs before in my life so this was a first. I totally freaked out. I legitimately thought I was going to die. I was tachycardic , couldn't really breath properly and extremely anxious. I'd had panic attacks before so this was nothing new but the intensity of it totally floored me. I think because of the influence of the weed I couldn't see past what was happening. In the end I rang 999 (UK emergency services) and the paramedics came and saw to me. They decided to take me to the hospital as my heart was racing so much , that I could have arrested, which totally filled me with even more dread as the paramedic said intront of me and I heard him!. I went to the hospital and basically sat it out untill the weed had wore off. I went home and went to bed. What followed on from that was months of depression and feelings of hopelessness. At that time I was suicidal. I felt so awful that I couldn't see myself getting to the end of the year. I felt so out of touch with my own body and couldn't look to the future or have any perspective on past events. Couldn't feel optimistic or enjoy things that I usually really enjoyed doing. The desire to do them had gone. My desire to be little and wear diapers and do all the things had gone. My sexual libido or the desire for sex or masturbation had gone. Add to that months of panic attacks , at a time I was having like 5 attacks a day. When I went out drinking I'd wake feeling really sad and kinda melancholy. At the time I was taking Citalopram 20mg. Now I'm on mirtazapine 15mg which has its own setbacks, I'm tired and have put on alot of weight. Virtually none of my clothes fit me, I'm fat basically. Now I have Autism and have had anxiety attacks for a few years now. If anyone , preferably with a background in mental health can tell me your thoughts. I've spoken to a few professionals but they've all given me weird looks and not really taken me seriously. I feel like I'm cracking up. I need some sort of help. I just wondered if anyone could share thoughts / possible outcomes. Thanks for reading.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have heard interactions with edibles can be unpredictable (becauseyou might get something with a lot of THC in it or very little), but that alone wouldnt mess you up for months afterwards

Drinking alcohol in itself can be dangerous for your mood and can induce depression as it is a "downer" so if you are already prone to mental health issues that might be something you should just avoid if possible, or at least limit how much you drink if you find yourself drinking.

Last edited:

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I've heard the same as Baby Tyrant. If you smoke it, it hits you right away and you can stop smoking when you reach the high you want. But edibles hit 2 - 3 hours later. A number of people think it's not working when they eat one brownie (or whatever) so they eat another and then another. When they finally do hit, it's too much. Pot can cause anxiety and a feeling of paranoia. It's happened to me, usually when I was out in public and would get followed by a cop, etc. Now imagine having way to much pot. All it takes is a small trigger. A lot of people have gone to the hospital because they ate too many edibles.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've heard the same as Baby Tyrant. If you smoke it, it hits you right away and you can stop smoking when you reach the high you want. But edibles hit 2 - 3 hours later. A number of people think it's not working when they eat one brownie (or whatever) so they eat another and then another. When they finally do hit, it's too much. Pot can cause anxiety and a feeling of paranoia. It's happened to me, usually when I was out in public and would get followed by a cop, etc. Now imagine having way to much pot. All it takes is a small trigger. A lot of people have gone to the hospital because they ate too many edibles.
That and edibles require putting THC into butter and it's very possible some of that butter will not have much THC while some will have a lot and even different Brownies/Cookies/whatever in the same batch can have a different amount of THC

That's the problem with delayed reactions, you have to wait a long time before seeing how you react because you dont want to have 30x what you are used to in your system before it hits you and you end up with way too much to handle

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
That and edibles require putting THC into butter and it's very possible some of that butter will not have much THC while some will have a lot and even different Brownies/Cookies/whatever in the same batch can have a different amount of THC
as a passionate stoner i can assure you that's NOT true

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I'm not sure why if you never used cannabis before why you would jump eating a weed brownie? Especially if you were taking other medications could of interacted. You probably would of been better off smoking it cause wouldn't been as intense and lasted as long. Even as long term veteran of using the plant edibles have kicked my ass. But I wasn't freaked out by it because I'm experienced of how I should feel. But my first time smoking it I got bit of panic attack this was when I was in highs school. It just tends to happen your first time. But you basically skipped the journey to the moon and instead took a warp portal to mars lol!

And don't worry about feeling weird days after. You bodies basically going through withdraw because of the dose you took. This normally wouldn't happen when smoking but would take longer to get withdrawls. All though if you build up a tolerance and you quit you experience a loss of libido, insomnia, a bit depressed. Basically weed withdrawal is the opposite feeling you get using it. Sex, Sleep, and Euphoria are why people use it to enhance those feelings including myself. When you stop you get the opposite, lack of sleep, no sex drive, minor depression. This only last for about two weeks and goes away. But in your case since your not a daily user you should feel normal probably about week or less. Anyway your very lucky you didnt get arrested calling the hospital. I'm assuming you live in an illegal state. You should at least had a sitter or someone to watch you the first time to make sure you were ok. Anyway I feel for you on the anxiety disorder I struggle with it everyday. But I managed to never take medication for it so I don't have the side effects you mentioned. Just warning and because I have friend who was prescribed benzos by his doctor in his early 20s. He now severally addicted to them and has been clean for a year and still getting withdrawls. Benzos are some nasty stuff especially if you quit cold turkey. I think doctors been more careful about prescribing benzos. But just make sure with your doctor your not on that! But others it may help so not telling you to stop taking your medication just my particular case. I strongly believe in CBT treatment I would ask your doctor about that! Again im not a medical professional so please double check with what your doctor thinks.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I have heard interactions with edibles can be unpredictable (becauseyou might get something with a lot of THC in it or very little), but that alone wouldnt mess you up for months afterwards

Drinking alcohol in itself can be dangerous for your mood and can induce depression as it is a "downer" so if you are already prone to mental health issues that might be something you should just avoid if possible, or at least limit how much you drink if you find yourself drinking.
Yes Babytyrant is correct Alcohol might be more of your problem. I'm not a big drinker. Only way i'll drink is if I can smoke cannabis after to stop the hangover haha! But when I just drank and didn't smoke I felt great for about 30 minutes and when I came down it quickly dived into feeling of panic, anxiety, and not being able to sleep. So I don't drink much anymore unless I have cannabis!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When I was in college, my friend and I smoked a joint and then dropped acid. That was one hell of a trip!