What’s wearing 24/7 like?

Rahrah1

I’m a sissy boy who loves to use her diapers
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I know I can’t do it because of my current situation. But if ever get my own place in the future I want try it. Im just curious on what to expect.

Takes a little while to get used to but soon it just feels normal. I have been 24/7 for 7 years now and couldn't imagine life any other way. Feel free to ask any thing you like.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Deleted member 44078, mayhem and 1 other person
For me it's just my average life because of IC. There's actually no thought process get up change, get kid off to school, go to work.

I am an enthusiast, absolutely no medical issues so 24/7 is out of total choice. I love it, to me its a great feeling. I don't totally get the 24/7 but I do practice weekend 24's.
We have an interesting dynamic here between myself and my girlfriend. She's been converted ( or at least claims) to like having me in diapers and taking a in-charge role. Most of our play isn't little play, although that's fun, our dynamic is regular couples life but she has slightly more control on me because of the whole diapered situation. I am perfectly fine with that and I do like the extra attention I get from her.
A good way to explain our dynamic was 2 weekends ago, we got 10" of snow and the both of us didn't have work, I was itching to get outside and start cleaning up the snow with the 4 wheeler, I just put my insulated winter coveralls over my pj's and went out, of course since I was using the 4 wheeler I was having tons on fun, when I got back inside she came downstairs and helped me get undressed, all the while she was asking me how much fun I had in a more childish tone, when I got my coveralls off she commented that my night time diaper was soaked and I needed to get my hinney upstairs and get changed, so we did that. After that we ate breakfast and then made plans for food shopping and then to go skiing. I had such a blast and we both had fun. That's how we do things around here, not little baby stuff all the time, but we incorporate diapered stuff into our regular day to day things.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, neophyte and Rednaxela
Diapers just become part of your daily routine. I've got a diaper cabinet in the bedroom that I open up and get changed and go back to whatever I was doing. It's nice to have your own place, you don't have to worry about really hiding anything, and diapers just become that much more convenient. For most of us, it's just you pull open your underwear drawer and it's full of diapers instead of underwear. (see my avatar pic on the left)

I've been (Mostly) 24/7 going on 7 years now. I say mostly because there are certain times that I don't wear, more on that later. I'm more than happy to answer any specific questions.

If anything I think wearing 24/7 initially is more about learning. What works for me isn't going to necessarily work for you. A lot of that learning can seem basic like hygiene; where as dating not so much. There is a lot to be learned in understanding you body and your personal limitations.

Setting up a budget is the first thing:
Knowing your budget will allow you to better determine how you want to stock your diapers. I stock Abena m3's for my everyday wear. I also invested in several cloth diapers over the years for when I am home. I also keep a couple bags of economy diapers and inserts (or size seven baby diapers) on hand just in case of emergencies. I only keep a bag, at most, of ABDL diapers on hand. Mainly this is to reduce costs but also because I find them impractical for daily use. I absolutely love them for special occasions.

Always take supplies with you:
I have a couple bags that I use. A backpack for everyday use and a gym bag for when I need to be a bit more discrete. I tend to keep 3-4 changes in my day pack. This can make travel interesting, sometimes I pack enough for the trip (quick business trips) and sometimes I bring enough for the travel time and a couple of extra days and just end up sourcing locally (vacations or extended photography sessions)

Hygiene
The more you wear the more important it becomes. A diaper is a prime environment for bacteria. Research what you are up against and have a routine. Learn how to care for your skin, particularly in the diaper region.

Leaks happen:
Invest in some good plastic pants. I have a couple of elastic sets that are PUL and a couple of Velcro sets that are flannel lined PUL. I consider these the most important garments in my collection and I treat them as such. It will save you a lot of embarrassment and a lot of laundry. I find they also help reduce smells related to use.

Work and School:
It is one thing to wear 24/7, it is another to use 24/7. If you plan on using them as intended have a plan on how to handle changes at work/school. I don't mess at work or school, this is more of a moral thing for me but the bigger the clean up the more time it takes which isn't good for business. Plastic grocery bags are a great way to deal with smell. I keep several in my diaper bag.

Medical considerations:
The act of wearing a diaper increases the average temperature of the related body parts which can potentially lead to reproductive issues there are ways to mitigate this through nutrition, and time not spent in a diaper (despite the idea of being 24/7) daily. As well as possible skin related issues. (I'm not a doctor so don't take my word for it.)

Changing:
Have a routine and try to make sure you are dry before putting a new diaper on. I use both disposable wipes and cloth wipes. The disposable for a quick clean followed a dry cloth then powder. The longer those regions stay moist the higher chance you have of lingering smells and skin issues. Learn how to change in a bathroom stall. Also, know your diapers capabilities, because they own your schedule now.

Summer:
I find that in the summer I go through more diapers because of sweat. I also work outdoors so that doesn't help. Also, as I said before wearing a diaper increases your body temperature in the diaper area. I also mentioned sweating, staying hydrated in the summer can be slight more difficult.

Night time:
If you aren't used to sleeping in diapers it can be difficult to fall asleep at first and is a bit of an acquired habit.

Also, I don't need them when I am sleeping. That said, I wear a cloth at night with no cover for a little added air flow. I started with disposables at night but I found that I move a lot in my sleep and would basically render them useless by the morning. They fair better with my Velcro covers but a little bit of stretching still occurs resulting in morning leaks. I found that the quality of diaper helps but would still be in a questionable status in the morning. This is a great time to use diapers with multiple adjustment tabs if you intend to sleep in disposables. All in all it didn't make any financial sense to keep wasting one each night just for the sake of wearing. This is part of the (Mostly) header, there are some nights that I just don't wear.

Other random thoughts:
-Get clothes that are specifically fitted while wearing your diaper and cover if you go that route.
-Investing in onesies (or diaper suits depending on source) can help with sagging diapers, my Velcro diaper cover's are more than sufficient for this but I do have a few for when I am wearing the other ones.
-If you get cloth diapers, learn how to care for them. They can degrade quickly if they aren't cared for.
-If you don't have access to your own laundry machines (some apartment), cloth can be tiresome to deal with.
-I know that no of this touches on any of the relationship stuff and that is intentional. Out of habit through working in the addiction recovery field I avoid giving advice on them. Just know relationships can be made more difficult by diapers, need or not.
-If you plan to mess regularly learn to love yogurt, the probiotics can help reduce smell.
-Don't invest in the lifestyle all at once.
-Don't feel like you have to wear all of the time. Sometimes there are situations in life where it is better not to wear. (For example, I am a swimmer but I choose not to wear swim diapers and opt for using the restroom.)

Anyways, I hope this is a good starting point. Like I said earlier if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: ZoeGrace and AAO
Wearing 24/7 becomes your new normal. planning becomes a part of your daily routine. I wear only cloth diapers and PUL diaper covers. I have worn my diapers full time for about a year, at work, everyday activities, and at night. I wet frequently, urge incontinence and wear my diaper until it is about to leak. right now my diaper is slightly damp and will change it later. Cloth diapers require washing and drying; I have 10 sets of diapers both contour and prefold and inserts to wear at night and long excursions.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I’m in the same spot as you. I want to try it, but currently can’t because of my living situation. It’s neat seeing all these positive and helpful responses.

I don’t wear 24/7 cuz I work full time. But when I’m not working, I’m diapered 9 times out of 10. My girlfriend doesn’t participate, but she will tell me to change when she notices that I went peepee. Other than that, it’s pretty normal.

It becomes a new normal. Takes some time to have everything setup. What diapers to wear (effective for the time you need to be in the same diaper, before being able to change) wardrobe, you may have to evaluate your wardrobe unless you want to be outed. Once everything is settled, it's like everything else, except, you don't need toilets anymore, only for changing, everything else is done in your diaper.

Rahrah1 said:
I know I can’t do it because of my current situation. But if ever get my own place in the future I want try it. Im just curious on what to expect.

It's like you use a normal underwear but with the advantage of the absorbent and disposability of the Diaper :)

Reactions: chamberpot and alwayz
It’s expensive. It’s part of normal routine for me. It’s not even something I think about anymore.

Reactions: chamberpot
mayhem said:
It’s expensive. It’s part of normal routine for me. It’s not even something I think about anymore.
It is expensive, I used to spend more on booze though, like any habit or hobby if your not IC this is an expense that you bring upon yourself, unlike those who have a medical need. other then that i love being 24/7 and have been for last 2 years or so.

Wearing all the time wasn't something that I routinely fantasized about. It would come up in mental rotation from time to time but generally scattered along with other, utterly impossible fantasies. For years, I wore diapers explicitly to get off and not much else. During this time, wearing for a full weekend seemed like the limit of what I could maintain.

As I got to know other ABDLs, socializing became another reason to wear and it led me to wear for longer periods. Before long, it wasn't unusual for me to wear for a couple days where before that had been the limits of my endurance. I wound up stretching those few days to a week and then more. The major limitation was how long I could endure the little annoyances and discomforts of diaper wearing (unlike a lot of ABDLs, I don't find diapers to be more comfortable than underwear in a conventional sense). A big part of my ability to endure that was based in diapers not feeling mundane. The more routine it felt to wear, the less appealing it was since I already had a more comfortable and convenient routine available.

So far, I've had a lot of success avoiding that feeling of normalcy with diapers, even though I've been in them more than I've been out of them over the last six years. I'm obviously used to them but I try to keep a sense that it is abnormal in order to maintain the fun. the TL;DR answer to the question is that it's a hassle and often annoying but I still love doing it.

I wear for pleasure and am retired so I can be diapered 24/7. It is kinky but convenient in the early morning when the dog's want to go out.

Back