What’s the purpose of 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLsecretlittle

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hey all. I’m not asking this question to be rude, but I want to learn more about why someone would want to be 24/7. I certainly have days where I enjoy wearing all day, but I’d never go 24/7 because I like to be able to function without worrying about changing and all that. Like I get enjoying the experience a LOT and wearing often, but I don’t understand limiting my life to enjoy (going to the gym would be tough, wearing in the summer heat sweating my balls off, etc). Can someone who is 24/7 or wants to be 24/7 explain the appeal?

If there’s a way I can word this question better please let me know. I’m just curious and not out to be rude or offend. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I am 24/7 but it is not by choice. I have been totally bladder and bowel incontinent since last summer when I ruptured a disc in my lower back.

Tundra1975 said:
I am 24/7 but it is not by choice. I have been totally bladder and bowel incontinent since last summer when I ruptured a disc in my lower back.

I guess I’m asking more people who choose it. If you have no choice, you have no choice.

Some people just want to feel closer to being Diaper Dependent or "more like a baby" even at the point of having the inconvenience of needing to carry changing supplies with them and so on.

Or maybe they just feel better always being diapered

I had worn a diaper for over 12 hours once

it wasn't supposed to take that long to go to the airport in one state and fly home, but there was a delay and then I got held hostage by my mom and boyfriend because they had stuff to do in the city and it was more convenient to make me wait in the city than to run me home and then go back to the city

That was enough of an inconvenience since I dont have anyone helping me out and I leaked out of the same diaper twice (once because I had sat down too long, and then once again later after being in the same PeekABU for 12 hours) and then snuck past my mom and her boyfriend who were sitting at a table and eating right in front of the entrance to the bathroom

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I went 24/7 about a year ago, after many years of debating. When I was younger, I "debated the pros and cons" and decided it wasn't practical. But as got older and more comfortable with wearing, I decided that life was short and it was something that made me happy. I don't belong to a gym and haven't been to a doctor yet where I'd need to disrobe, but will be mentally prepared if/when the time comes. I don't know if it's my underwear fetish taking over (I really like fashion underwear, too...so in a way diapers are just an extension) or something deeper like BIID. Look it up. So far it hasn't gotten old. I've gotten used to checking my diaper bag in the morning and comfortable changing as necessary when I'm out. I like being in a meeting at work or shopping in a small store without a public restroom and just using my diaper as needed. And no, I didn't have any bladder problems previously; just the opposite. The only immediate hurdle for me now is signing-up for automatic diaper delivery with Northshore or a similar company. Currently I still make individual purchases.

No, it doesn't make sense, but sometimes you just have to go with your gut.

It's more fun than the alternative, overall. Mostly, that's driven by sexual desire and enjoyment, even if I'm not feeling sexually driven all the time I'm wearing. This wasn't something I had long desired. I felt like wearing all the time would make diapers less special to me, that it would be impossible to maintain, and it would interfere with my focus at work or other important tasks.

For a long time, I think those were valid concerns. At one point, I felt like I actually wanted to try wearing for longer periods. Gradually, it became easier to wear for days and then into weeks.

I don't know how far I will go with it. Maybe the desire for long-term wear will fade over time. Underwear still feels like my default, even though over the last six years, I've been in diapers more often than not. I don't find them all that comfortable and they definitely aren't convenient but I love them just the same, and for now, it's better to wear all the time.

Reactions: OmiOMy and Seasonedcitizen
Trevor said:
It's more fun than the alternative, overall. Mostly, that's driven by sexual desire and enjoyment, even if I'm not feeling sexually driven all the time I'm wearing. This wasn't something I had long desired. I felt like wearing all the time would make diapers less special to me, that it would be impossible to maintain, and it would interfere with my focus at work or other important tasks.

For a long time, I think those were valid concerns. At one point, I felt like I actually wanted to try wearing for longer periods. Gradually, it became easier to wear for days and then into weeks.

I don't know how far I will go with it. Maybe the desire for long-term wear will fade over time. Underwear still feels like my default, even though over the last six years, I've been in diapers more often than not. I don't find them all that comfortable and they definitely aren't convenient but I love them just the same, and for now, it's better to wear all the time.
I relate to this post. I started wearing a ton (every day, multiple diapers per day) when my GF accepted me a few weeks ago. It has changed my focuses in life in a way I'm not sure I like. Now I am excited to leave work and come wear a diaper at home, doing nothing. Before I started wearing, I obsessively lifted weights and played sports to fill that gap in time. I hope it's an excitement that will fade into wearing only to sleep in or on weekends at xyz time, but I fear it taking over my life. I'm not sure to what extent indulging in a fetish is good v bad. Also it seems like you fell into it more than planned the whole 24/7 thing. I feel like purposefully planning a 24/7 thing is a lot different than just wearing whenever, which happens to be most of the time. The extra time you don't wear out of conveience allows you to function pretty well, I'd assume. It's the dedication to 24/7, even when it is incredibly uncomfortable and inconvenient, that I don't get. If I could, I'd wear a diaper 90% of the time I'm not with friends or working out/biking/etc. The other 10% though...hell no. Part out of discomfort, part out of being found out/the taboo of it.

I'm retired so I can be kinky all the time. When I out shopping for a while, I will wear a pull up diaper so I can use a urinal. That solves the problem of finding a secure place to change a wet diaper.

DLsecretlittle said:
I relate to this post. I started wearing a ton (every day, multiple diapers per day) when my GF accepted me a few weeks ago. It has changed my focuses in life in a way I'm not sure I like. Now I am excited to leave work and come wear a diaper at home, doing nothing. Before I started wearing, I obsessively lifted weights and played sports to fill that gap in time. I hope it's an excitement that will fade into wearing only to sleep in or on weekends at xyz time, but I fear it taking over my life. I'm not sure to what extent indulging in a fetish is good v bad. Also it seems like you fell into it more than planned the whole 24/7 thing. I feel like purposefully planning a 24/7 thing is a lot different than just wearing whenever, which happens to be most of the time. The extra time you don't wear out of conveience allows you to function pretty well, I'd assume. It's the dedication to 24/7, even when it is incredibly uncomfortable and inconvenient, that I don't get. If I could, I'd wear a diaper 90% of the time I'm not with friends or working out/biking/etc. The other 10% though...hell no. Part out of discomfort, part out of being found out/the taboo of it.
I may have been a little unclear. I am 24/7, it's just that I stop on occasion. My current stint is heading for 15 months. I agree that the best way would be to wear when it suits me and the situation and to stop when it doesn't. However, the personal accommodation I came up with to keep 24/7 interesting hinges on the length of individual runs for me, so a month wearing is more enticing than 30 days, spread out over five weeks.

It is fair to say that it's something I pretty much fell into doing. It started as a personal challenge but other than actually making that first week so that it can really be 24/7, I haven't ever had a concrete plan or goal. Overcoming the challenges in continuing has been a game of its own and an encouraging online friend has made it even more appealing.

I have to wear 24/7 due to spinal problems, so to me nappies are just my usual underwear, although there are times when I've changed myself or been changed for about the 8th time during the day I wish I could wear normal underwear.

I like feeling dependent on them and it's easier to just go in them than using the toilet. It also keeps diapers off my mind. Instead of fighting it and dealing with urges and having it consume your thoughts, it's best to just wear them all the time and it helps beat the stigma. I never have to worry about what I drink and how much and waiting in long lines or getting stuck in traffic but I have to watch when I drink a Red Bull. I wouldn't drink one when I am away from home or somewhere because they make me pee a lot and poop. I wouldn't want to soak myself in four hours in public and even poop.

Thinking about, still I can't understand being baby 24/7... That's a job for some shrink. As a DL with restricted acces to diaqpers (economical preference) sometimes I wish to use it a few days every time I can, but because some ambient factors I don't. Dislike messy diapers. In base of previous expereince I get saturated in three days and have to stop.

Finally I think being 24/7/365 and not IC IMHO isn't very sane.

I have had kidney issues since I was in the Air Force. I had recurrent UTIs for years. I have other issues that have gotten worse since 2010 when I had a nasty motorcycle accident. My incontinence has been significant since then. I now have to wear diapers for incontinence. I have tried to ignore my need for protection but within a few hours, I was back in a diaper.

I've not gone 24/7 and probably never will, unless I do it for about a week. It would just be convenient not having to find a toilet, especially sometimes when you're busy, it's easier to go and then when there's a chance, you change.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I recenlly started to wear almost 24/7 but next year I will, mainly due to very frequent urges that are pancily painfull and....urgent.
Before that i had periods I wore 24/7 (1 week when i had the house to myself) but since there is a walking Big Sister here always on the lookout, I could not and had to be careful.
For me wearing 24/7 is comfort, ease, dependency on them, security, and now also medical.
Like said before, it's not for everyone, it requires a complete change in life and mind, this is why for many who need them are having difficulties coping with it.
But for me it now allows me to go to places while without diapers I could no more.

Im considering it too, I just like letting it flow whenever I need to.
Especially with my job it can be very convenient, since I am driving a LOT for my daily job and I'm at customers in between.

The only problem with me is that diapers are mostly sexual too, so after doing the deed I want to get out of the diaper, which really sucks..
Also my sleep seems worse when I wear a diaper

Last edited:
I tend to wear only to bed most of the time, but if I didn’t have to worry about work, friends etc finding out, and the cost then I probably would wear 24/7 for the comfort and convenience.

The convenience was often part of the jealousy thing when I saw children around my own age wearing nappies when I was small.

It was the same with Pull-Ups and DryNites when they were launched. I loved the idea of being able to wet myself or wet my bed without worrying about finding a toilet and was jealous of the children in the ads and on the packaging.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChocChip
wearing a diaper 24/7 is tedious. I have to change my diaper 2 to 3 times a day, and again at night. I have to wash a load of diapers every other day, otherwise the smell is horrible. If you want to be incontinent think about the changes you will have to make in your life. I went shopping today and by the time I got home my pants were wet. I cannot hold urine for less than a minute before I wet. I try not to wet the bed, and most of the time I am successful. When I do wet the bed I have to change the sheets. Going 24/7 is not a panacea, sure it feels good when I change my wet diaper for a clean dry one. I would wish I didn't need to wear a diaper, and despite several attempts, and failures, I'm still wearing a diaper.

Reactions: ChocChip
I think it's more of a fantasy for most of us than actual desire. I often fantasize that I have to wear 24/7 but the fantasy never lasts and I always end with realizing how much I really don't want to actually NEED to wear diapers. But it's always a fun fantasy to come back to.

F
DLsecretlittle said:
Hey all. I’m not asking this question to be rude, but I want to learn more about why someone would want to be 24/7. I certainly have days where I enjoy wearing all day, but I’d never go 24/7 because I like to be able to function without worrying about changing and all that. Like I get enjoying the experience a LOT and wearing often, but I don’t understand limiting my life to enjoy (going to the gym would be tough, wearing in the summer heat sweating my balls off, etc). Can someone who is 24/7 or wants to be 24/7 explain the appeal?

If there’s a way I can word this question better please let me know. I’m just curious and not out to be rude or offend. Thanks everyone!
For some of us,24/7 is not optional. Luckily I do enjoy it.if disposable gets to hot then use cloth.
I have all in ones that are polyurethane backed and Velcro fastened that fit perfectly under jeans.
Work is somewhat active and at times strenuous, if it gets sweaty then lucky me , i’m covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back