What's the ideal diaper bag?

Here's my travel diaper bag...

001.jpg002.jpg004.jpg003.jpg

It has just about everything a little one needs for going about town. Spare disposables; extra liners; cloth diaper pants; rubber pants; binky; blankie;
wipes; lotion; powder; paddle (jik someone gets naughty); still need a small stuffie. Very discreet. Love it !

Got the bag at Goodwill yesterday, $ 3.50, a good deal. Dimensions are 15 inches wide, 9 inches high, 8 inches deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: DippyDawg
I have a bank pack I carry for work. I'll carry diapers in one of its pouches.

For my kids we use cooler backpack. The ones designed to act as food coolers. We find them great because the snacks drinks and things like that can be kept cool by trying in w couple of frozen water bottles as well. Many of them have multiple pockets so diapers can go in a front pocket. Super functional.

Reactions: ABbilly
I have a grey diaper bag that holds 2 disposables and 1 cloth along with everything needed. It doesn’t look like a diaper bag but holds everything for adults. I mainly use the bag when going to the VA hospital where I need change and I’ll have to be there for multiple appointments

Reactions: jasonm03 and ABbilly
I keep 2 diaper bags in my car one is a back pack that has 4 diapers, wipes and a change of clothes the other is my Skip-Nop camo sling bag its big enough to fit 3 diapers and a slim pack of wipes and is very light to carry when walking through a Mall or just going for a walk. The sling bag is my main bag I use daily.

Reactions: Jim100
I haven't needed one yet but I will use a CD Player shoulder bag which hold 3 nappies - or a cd player. I like it because it is compact and black and goes over my shoulder.

Last edited:
Reactions: DippyDawg
I use a backpack. That’s all I need. 3-4 extra diapers, pair of plastic pants, powder and a few pairs of briefs

Reactions: Jim100 and DippyDawg
I have a black 35 L Carhart backpack that I used to carry everything with me. I am visually impaired guy that rides the bus and since diapers are a necessity for me I always make sure to have everything I need. In the back of the backpack is the laptop compartment and I can easily hold three diapers and wipes and a couple of disposal bags in there. But I also still have room for anything else I may buy while I am out and about..

Reactions: Jim100 and ABbilly
ltaluv said:
As I mentioned in another thread, someone broke my car window and stole my diaper bag, so I'm deciding what to use to replace it.

What kind of bag do you use for diapers, and why do you like it? What do you keep in it, and why? What do you think would make an ideal diaper bag?
Use a bag big enough to hold what you need, but doesn’t look like a baby’s diaper bag

I use a cool messenger bag from fossil and I’m able to put my laptop ,tablet ,iPhone and other electronics in safely but on the other side of the messenger bag I have a small portable use of wipes powder and ointment to prevent rashes and then I bring a few diapers spares if I have an accident in my diapers and boosters .Sometimes I also use a backpack as well but I like the convienvence of my messenger bag. However just be mindful of thieves and keep a close eye out. I’m thinking of getting a spy game on mines in case of a theft. Another good thing you can do is to put a duffel bag in you car. I have my duffel bag with me because I like to go to the gym and workout. It could also be useful in bringing spare clothes and bringing more diapers on hand if your a traveler or out a lot like me.

It all depends on what you need to carry, whether you are an ab or wrther you are medically incontinent, how long you are away from the house from. My normal back is a rucksack that carries 2 spare nappies, 2 pairs waterproof pants, baby wipes as well as 2 flannels and a can of foam soap, nappy bags, black bags for wet clothing, socks, sandalsm jogging bottoms, spare t shirt and that's just for a trip tp the supermarket atm.

Bottom part of Oakley's Everything and the Kitchen Sink Backpacks (designed for shoes in mind but if needed you can easily fit more then 3 med size thick adult diapers in it or place it in main compartment (might want to replace the rope for top with bungie string with a replacement string holder thing) https://www.oakleysi.com/en-us/product/92060A?variant=887288724329 I think is the item (mine has red cloth zippers but is black too)

PCBaby said:
It all depends on what you need to carry, whether you are an ab or wrther you are medically incontinent, how long you are away from the house from. My normal back is a rucksack that carries 2 spare nappies, 2 pairs waterproof pants, baby wipes as well as 2 flannels and a can of foam soap, nappy bags, black bags for wet clothing, socks, sandalsm jogging bottoms, spare t shirt and that's just for a trip tp the supermarket atm.

Wow! Is there room for the groceries too? 😁

Seems the trunk (boot) is where to stash all the basecamp gear (clothes, etc) and keep it light on-person though spare shorts or lightweight pants might be prudent. Socks, hmmm, what color?

Always go for something dark, if you do have a leak it shows less on dark clothes than light ones and no there isn't I use a seperate bag for the groceries :D

Thats exactly what I use it for I can place most groceries in the top and I place spare diapers on the bottom (the more I place n bottom the less the main part can fit though) the side poach with the metal things is useful for placing wipes and stuff too. I had to fix up my drawstring since it fell with with a bungie cord I bought from amazon but it seals even better now.

Or no socks....Birks or slippers (aka flip-flops).

My Mommy just uses a regular back pack. It fits everything she needs for me

They're loose in my backpack or small satchel thingy. I bought one that is sized just large enough for a pair of diapers plus a pack of wipes, with a little room for stuff like my charger, flashlight, and other things I don't like having in my pocket.

I don't always have it on me, but when I do I take it everywhere. It's pretty much what I take if I'm going to be out for more than an hour or two but not an entire day.

I have what looks like a small black gym bag (my uncle gave it too me - something he had but was not using, and at the time, I was just using a paper bag) it holds a full pack of diapers and powder, and still has a little room left.

I use a Herschel brand diaper bag. The outside has a modern camouflage print and it doesnt look like a diaper bag at all. Very inconspicuous, but still trendy.

I have a blue Outdoor Products backpack I bought from Walmart for $40 and it has worked very well for me. It's got 2 large storage areas in it. (One I use for for my fresh diapers the other I use for my dirty diapers). The large one in the back has a separate pouch inside that I keep wipes in. It has a medium pouch that on the front that I use for creams and other things. And a small one on the very front that I keep 2 rolls of the Sassy scented diaper sacks to put dirty ones in. As well as it has two mesh pouch's one on each side for anything else I need.

It seems to work very well for me. I work 12-hour shifts in an office I take it in with me every night and sit it beside me and even though my co-workers have seen me take it to the bathroom with me they have never said a word or asked me about it.

Last edited:
Back