What's the dumbest thing you've microwaved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing I have ever put into a microwave is pretty much metal. Whether it be a plate of leaving a fork on the plate. Never more then a few seconds though as I always hang around the microwave while I am cooking.

I sometimes get laughed at and have been told I am like a cat since I just tippy toe and stare at my food spinning in the microwave sometimes following it with my eyes. Never really saw it as something unusual, but then again I guess it is. I can't help it, it's spinning and I like watching it. Not to mention it's how i judge when it's done. I always set the microwave on exactly 3 minutes for everything and just watch and remove it when it looks done. Or maybe my stomach growls and can't wait any longer. The spinning can only occupy me for so long.

Metal, mostly Arby's sandwich that is still in the wrapper. XD We have diner plates that have a metal rim. I put one of those in the mic before. Peanut butter hahaha, it stunk up the kitchen.

you should try microwaving a match :) ...I hear it makes a big bright ball of plasma.... that's pretty bright to me! ^-^

Personally... Ramen noodles is my dumbest thing! ...I forgot the water and it burned lots, melted a bowl, smelled bad, lots of smoke, turned black... was super hot... well... generally... DONT TRY IT xD

I'm without a microwave at home, now. Something broke. RIP in peace, dumb microwave contents and fast hot cocoa.

Brainius said:
Personally... Ramen noodles is my dumbest thing! ...I forgot the water and it burned lots, melted a bowl, smelled bad, lots of smoke, turned black... was super hot... well... generally... DONT TRY IT xD

My boss told me a story about how another coworker did that. It's good when they start, "Did you remember to put water in it?" It also helps to not microwave without water for 9 minutes.

I put ramen noodles while in pot in a microwave before. That didn't really cook the noodles at all, and I was dumb enough to touch the pot. I ended up getting a pretty bad burn on my hand.

we recently got a new Viking microwave, and for some reason it can accomodate certain metals! it came with this tri-legged grate platform thingy to put popcorn and other stuff on it so that it can get more direct microwaves from an elevated position. its very strange that its not only not sparking at all, but is actualy meant to be there! it does get hot though, which gets annoying. from what i researched, its when something has definite edges or corners that cause the sparks, even some foods can do it from time to time.

I once, when I was young and not completely knowledgeable as to what can and can't go into a microwave, tried to microwave instant oatmeal in a metal pot instead of cooking it over the stove.

It did cook, but it sure made quite a shower of sparks while it was cooking, and that poor pot did smell funny.

Butterscotch said:
I read somewhere that to get the smell out of a dishwashing sponge I had to microwave it, and idk if it worked but it made it foam up and it got really hot. What i want to try someday is microwaving a GoPro to see what happens to it.

What's the dumbest thing you've put in a microwave?

I want to microwave my arm, but, alas, I can't.

Microwaving lit candles sends off orbs of plasma, and lightbulbs glow many colors before exploding. I used to have a junker microwave for such things that had 15 feet of extended control wires between the cabinet and the keypad I added. Many many AOL CD's.

I was trying to make hard boiled eggs in the microwave to try and save time today but ended up with a loud bang and a lot of water to clean up

Spoon definitely spoon. Made the microwave catch fire. microwaves and metal are mortal enemies, and they will fight to the death.

An arby's sandwich still in the wrapper. I didn't think about the foil coating. Sparks flew and stopped it right away. xD

when I was a child, I wanted to soften some butter to cook a cake ... So I put it in the microwave without removing the packaging, packaging that containing ALUMINIUM:( ... It took fire quickly, but i turned it off immediately after seeing the first few small flames ... I've cleaned the mess (no real damages) and fortunately i remember that the cake remained tasty.

The dumbest thing was problem a tin garlic not bag to warm up garlic knots. it ended up bursting into flames. i had now i dea i thought the bag was made out of paper which it was but only on the outside.... lol xD

A Hotwheels car it was not fun but hey i got to see free fireworks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back