What's the dumbest thing you've microwaved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterscotch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I read somewhere that to get the smell out of a dishwashing sponge I had to microwave it, and idk if it worked but it made it foam up and it got really hot. What i want to try someday is microwaving a GoPro to see what happens to it.

What's the dumbest thing you've put in a microwave?

Could that be the soap in it? That's weird!

I once microwaved marshmallow cream with part of the seal still on top. It started on fire. I shouldn't be left home alone with access to the kitchen sometimes. I have a tendency to start toaster fires too. No idea why.

Nothing I microwave is particularly bright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've put in vegetable plastic bags and forgot to cut the little slit to let out the steam. Oh yeah, they blew up big time with a loud pop. My wife simply looked up and said, "You forgot to cut a slit again." Nothing like understating the obvious. Then came the cleanup on the inside of the microwave.

- - - Updated - - -

Point said:
Nothing I microwave is particularly bright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, have you microwaved a baby. The explode with a big pop, too. Hey, welcome back Point!!!!!

Cardboard Chinese food container. I forgot to remove the metal handle and when it beeped signaling it was done, I was left wondering why the light was still on. Open it up and my lunch is on fire. Luckily it was small so I just blew it out, brushed off some ash, and had pork fried rice.

I was heating up soup (I'm lazy) and needed something to keep it from bubble-popping over, so I put in the pot lid after failing with a napkin strung across some skewers.

Took a week to get the burning silicon smell out of the house. Don't tell dad that's where the lid to the medium pot went.

dogboy said:
Well, have you microwaved a baby. The explode with a big pop, too. Hey, welcome back Point!!!!!

Don't ask how I know, but they are actually extremely bright at the moment just before they explode.

Thank you I will probably be here all week, and maybe then for some years until the internet goes offline when earth's poles switch!

Butterscotch said:
I read somewhere that to get the smell out of a dishwashing sponge I had to microwave it, and idk if it worked but it made it foam up and it got really hot. What i want to try someday is microwaving a GoPro to see what happens to it.

What's the dumbest thing you've put in a microwave?

If it contains a lithium-chemistry battery pack? Most likely burst into flames. Don't do it indoors.

In my case? Chicken eggs. They exploded.

disposable diapers, naturally.
i call it science :biggrin:

Maxx said:
I've melted a lot of stuff in campfires, though.

done diapers in them, too (also under the category of 'dumbest') :biggrin:

The worst thing I've managed to stick in an microwave was a plate. The plate had gold in it.

Sparks, sparks everywhere.

Once i mistakenly nuked up a coffee cup with no coffee in it. Shows how much I needed coffee lol

Our daughter and her friend did something like that and fried our microwave. We had to buy a new one. It may have been a metal bowl, I just can't remember.

I personally never have but there was a YouTube channel where they would put anything in and see what happens. They did cellphones, PlayStation, Xbox I mean everything was interesting to watch :)

A lit match underneath an inverted glass.

The smoke inside the glass made a weird ball of blue light (read somewhere that it's like plasma or something).

The glass promptly shattered.

mtdl84 said:
I personally never have but there was a YouTube channel where they would put anything in and see what happens. They did cellphones, PlayStation, Xbox I mean everything was interesting to watch :)

Oh yeah I've seen it! It's called MicrowaveMeShow or something like that. There's one where he managed to microwave a microwave!

On another note I did manage to find a video of someone microwaving a GoPro and it only lasted a few seconds and then the footage flickered and went black
Kek

I microwaved am egg once in college. It never exploded but when I took it out and held it in my hand the uneven cooling caused it to exploded right in my hand. The explosion was so strong it numb my hand and half way up my arm. The egg was impaled into the ceiling and wall. Never did that one again.

There was a YouTube channel that made the series "Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This?" They made over 300 episodes, ranging from iPods to spray paint to gasoline and everything in between.

Also, when I was around 10 when I put a Chick-Fil-A sandwich in the microwave with the foil wrap not knowing any better, and caused a small fire that scared me to tears. Fortunately, my mom was home at the time and put it out.

Also, apparently when I was three or so I wanted popcorn but when my mom said no, I decided to cook it myself and put a bag in the microwave over the stove and set the timer for 30 minutes...
Because of watching that YouTube show and the two incidents as a kid, at 21 years old, I am literally scared of microwaves. Whenever I cook anything in one, I'll set the timer and get as far away from it as possible until it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back