What's the dumbest thing you've microwaved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterscotch

Est. Contributor
Messages
274
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I read somewhere that to get the smell out of a dishwashing sponge I had to microwave it, and idk if it worked but it made it foam up and it got really hot. What i want to try someday is microwaving a GoPro to see what happens to it.

What's the dumbest thing you've put in a microwave?
 

DLsGirlfriend

Est. Contributor
Messages
56
Role
  1. Other
Could that be the soap in it? That's weird!

I once microwaved marshmallow cream with part of the seal still on top. It started on fire. I shouldn't be left home alone with access to the kitchen sometimes. I have a tendency to start toaster fires too. No idea why.
 

Point

Est. Contributor
Messages
3,349
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Nothing I microwave is particularly bright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Messages
21,230
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've put in vegetable plastic bags and forgot to cut the little slit to let out the steam. Oh yeah, they blew up big time with a loud pop. My wife simply looked up and said, "You forgot to cut a slit again." Nothing like understating the obvious. Then came the cleanup on the inside of the microwave.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing I microwave is particularly bright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, have you microwaved a baby. The explode with a big pop, too. Hey, welcome back Point!!!!!
 

Technologic

Est. Contributor
Messages
159
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Cardboard Chinese food container. I forgot to remove the metal handle and when it beeped signaling it was done, I was left wondering why the light was still on. Open it up and my lunch is on fire. Luckily it was small so I just blew it out, brushed off some ash, and had pork fried rice.
 

SpottedLion

Est. Contributor
Messages
133
Role
  1. Other
I was heating up soup (I'm lazy) and needed something to keep it from bubble-popping over, so I put in the pot lid after failing with a napkin strung across some skewers.

Took a week to get the burning silicon smell out of the house. Don't tell dad that's where the lid to the medium pot went.
 

Point

Est. Contributor
Messages
3,349
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Well, have you microwaved a baby. The explode with a big pop, too. Hey, welcome back Point!!!!!

Don't ask how I know, but they are actually extremely bright at the moment just before they explode.

Thank you I will probably be here all week, and maybe then for some years until the internet goes offline when earth's poles switch!
 

Akastus

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,205
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I read somewhere that to get the smell out of a dishwashing sponge I had to microwave it, and idk if it worked but it made it foam up and it got really hot. What i want to try someday is microwaving a GoPro to see what happens to it.

What's the dumbest thing you've put in a microwave?

If it contains a lithium-chemistry battery pack? Most likely burst into flames. Don't do it indoors.

In my case? Chicken eggs. They exploded.
 

ade

Est. Contributor
Messages
3,940
Role
  1. Other
disposable diapers, naturally.
i call it science :biggrin:
 
M

Maxx

Guest
What a dull life I lead. I've always been careful about what I put in the microwave. I've melted a lot of stuff in campfires, though.
 
Messages
292
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
The worst thing I've managed to stick in an microwave was a plate. The plate had gold in it.

Sparks, sparks everywhere.
 

nobodyknows

Contributor
Messages
227
Role
  1. Private
One time I accidentally microwaved a metal bowl because I was really tired in the morning. I didn't put it in for very long though, so nothing really bad happened. Another time, I was baking muffins and decided to put marshmallows in for some reason, so I microwaved a bowl of them (The mixer wouldn't break them apart), and the result was a mess, though I cleaned it up. I also put a raw egg in the microwave once, but that was on purpose, to see what would happen.
 

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Messages
21,230
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Our daughter and her friend did something like that and fried our microwave. We had to buy a new one. It may have been a metal bowl, I just can't remember.
 

mtdl84

Est. Contributor
Messages
306
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I personally never have but there was a YouTube channel where they would put anything in and see what happens. They did cellphones, PlayStation, Xbox I mean everything was interesting to watch :)
 

BlueSky

Est. Contributor
Messages
120
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
A lit match underneath an inverted glass.

The smoke inside the glass made a weird ball of blue light (read somewhere that it's like plasma or something).

The glass promptly shattered.
 

Butterscotch

Est. Contributor
Messages
274
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I personally never have but there was a YouTube channel where they would put anything in and see what happens. They did cellphones, PlayStation, Xbox I mean everything was interesting to watch :)

Oh yeah I've seen it! It's called MicrowaveMeShow or something like that. There's one where he managed to microwave a microwave!

On another note I did manage to find a video of someone microwaving a GoPro and it only lasted a few seconds and then the footage flickered and went black
Kek
 

littleboyof40

Est. Contributor
Messages
49
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I microwaved am egg once in college. It never exploded but when I took it out and held it in my hand the uneven cooling caused it to exploded right in my hand. The explosion was so strong it numb my hand and half way up my arm. The egg was impaled into the ceiling and wall. Never did that one again.
 

DrumMajor

Est. Contributor
Messages
61
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There was a YouTube channel that made the series "Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This?" They made over 300 episodes, ranging from iPods to spray paint to gasoline and everything in between.

Also, when I was around 10 when I put a Chick-Fil-A sandwich in the microwave with the foil wrap not knowing any better, and caused a small fire that scared me to tears. Fortunately, my mom was home at the time and put it out.

Also, apparently when I was three or so I wanted popcorn but when my mom said no, I decided to cook it myself and put a bag in the microwave over the stove and set the timer for 30 minutes...
Because of watching that YouTube show and the two incidents as a kid, at 21 years old, I am literally scared of microwaves. Whenever I cook anything in one, I'll set the timer and get as far away from it as possible until it's done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top