What's the biggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
K, so I was just wondering, two questions actually...
1.) What's the largest child diaper?
2.) This one kinda braches off the last... what's the largest plastic child diapers availible?

Any reply will be appreciated, I get child ones because it seems less suspicious cause i'm still paranoid about buying, what if i see someone i know????? augh!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
the "largest" would be pampers size 7. The largest baby plastic back diaper is nothing.. no one makes plastic backed baby diapers anymore. Tough the plastic is there, its just under the "cloth" cover. the cloth and fluff don't let the plastic rustle.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Which I don't understand. Why would a baby care if it's diaper rustled or was really thick? Granted, the thicker diapers would require larger pants, but I still don't get the whole concept of a diaper needing to be quiet for a baby. The only thing I can think of is that parents who need to diaper older children would want to protect them from exposure. But anyone whose tried Luvs knows that those diapers are possibly the loudest brand to wear.

Does anyone know why they put cloth covers on baby diapers?

Just occurred to me: where can you find Pampers size 7? None of the local stores have them, and my town has WalMart, Country Mart, Dillons, and a few Dollar Stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Does anyone know why they put cloth covers on baby diapers?
As I recall from the ads at the time, it was pushed as a comfort thing for babies, which seems pretty dubious to me. I tend to think it was just something that seemed like a change and in that very competitive market, the manufacturers are always looking for something that appears to be a positive difference. The reaction must have been generally positive and the other companies copied it.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
the "largest" would be pampers size 7. The largest baby plastic back diaper is nothing.. no one makes plastic backed baby diapers anymore. Tough the plastic is there, its just under the "cloth" cover. the cloth and fluff don't let the plastic rustle.

So does that include Underjams, or just BABY bay diapers?

I wasn't sure if the pull-up kind for 13/14 year olds that wet the bed counted as true "kids" diapers.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
As I recall from the ads at the time, it was pushed as a comfort thing for babies, which seems pretty dubious to me. I tend to think it was just something that seemed like a change and in that very competitive market, the manufacturers are always looking for something that appears to be a positive difference. The reaction must have been generally positive and the other companies copied it.
The cloth cover IS more comfortable for babies, Trevor. They don't have that nasty plastic stuff sticking to their chubby lil legs 'n tummies! My kids wore plastic covered disposables...my granddaughter wore (she's all trained now!) the cloth cover...I have to admit...I think the plastic cover was better for holding in the wetness...but the cloth 'breathes' and allows air to get on baby's lil tushie! As a mother & grandmother I can see the benefits of the cloth-covering for the baby's over-all comfort.

*wonders why anyone would want to know what the largest size 'baby' diaper was....not like it's gonna fit most people over the age of 6 or 7*

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
K, so I was just wondering, two questions actually...
1.) What's the largest child diaper?
2.) This one kinda braches off the last... what's the largest plastic child diapers availible?

Any reply will be appreciated, I get child ones because it seems less suspicious cause i'm still paranoid about buying, what if i see someone i know????? augh!
The largest child diaper is Pampers size 7 or Huggies Pull-Ups and Pampers Easy-Ups (if you don't mind putting them on like underwear, unlike real diapers). Unfortunately, I don't know about number two.

Don't sweat it, Gman. Just go somewhere a little far away from where you live, then just get in, get the diapers, pay, and get out. But don't rush... that's rather suspicious. Anyway, good luck! ^_^

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There are several brands of plastic covered "youth" diapers, such as Tranquility ATNs, but they resemble an adult diaper, and would have two or more tapes per side.

Unfortunately, there are no baby diapers manufactured with a plastic outer cover any more with the exception of some designed for newborns/preemies (read: VERY small).

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
But anyone whose tried Luvs knows that those diapers are possibly the loudest brand to wear.
That's actually not true. Goodnites are very loud when theyre wet and still pretty noisy when dry. The luvs are big and stretchier than pamp size 7. They're all still good diapers to buy, but I like luvs the best. (especially with those cute blues clues designs!)

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Actually, I measured, and I found that Pampers Baby-Dry Size Six is about the same six as Cruisers Size Seven... but the Baby Dry stretches more and is more absorbent.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Attest to the power of advertising! :D

Well, to answer your question: Pampers Size 7. However, I don't know how stretchy they are... Size 6 Baby Dry is pretty stretchy.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Actually, I measured, and I found that Pampers Baby-Dry Size Six is about the same six as Cruisers Size Seven... but the Baby Dry stretches more and is more absorbent.
Do you happen to still have the measurements, and if so will you please post them?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Do you happen to still have the measurements, and if so will you please post them?
Even when baby diapers "fit" teenagers/adults who say they fit they don't hold as much as say a depends would. Plus they aren't very comfortable. Anyways having diapers fit requires small waist/thighs. Pampers size 7 can barely fit around my 30 inch waist but since my thighs are big due to biking they won't fit in that area unless I want to cut off my own blood circulation to my legs.

Starchild

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There are several brands of plastic covered "youth" diapers, such as Tranquility ATNs, but they resemble an adult diaper, and would have two or more tapes per side.

Unfortunately, there are no baby diapers manufactured with a plastic outer cover any more with the exception of some designed for newborns/preemies (read: VERY small).

you are both wrong, there are plastic backed baby nappies, at least here in the UK, almost all of the cheap nappies are plastic backed still. eg tesocs value nappies, sainsburys basics nappies, plus lots of generic brands, none of them do a xl size thoughm the largest size is junior 12-25kg or 25-55lbs

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
Ive heard pampers active fit are good...as they have stretchier size, so wont break as easily.

Sam I am

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Star Child I wish I lived in the UK then I love plastic baby diapers, can only get them on ebay here, and then I have to spend a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.