What's in YOUR name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Originally made as a response to DominatingMommy's intro thread, this could be in admin stuff - but the ideal home would be as a thread in the hypothetical Newbies' Forum to give a little guidance to lurkers as to how to pick a good user name.

As to names... What's in a name? Well names like Raccoon, Moo, Peachy, Martin, while distinct on this forum, are common enough in the world at large that googling does not zoom the searcher straight to the user and his elsewhere details. This is a security feature. "Anonymous" is the ultimate example of this.

Kaishen or Babyjunior is the opposite to this; the name is distinct on the web and does lead to a person's website or other place they want you to go; they want the limelight. It is implied that they are confidant about their personal security on the web.

Incompletedude or Redtails or Eclipse deliberately suggests, accurately or not some aspect of personality, especially combined with an avi pic; Floydfan88 or Hata even more clearly suggests one of the user's interests.

PamPered18921 is typical of someone trying to be a bit anonymous but at the same time says that they self-identify with the fetishistic side of themselves, to the point it subsumes other sides of themself. This is not a hard and fast rule; some people with such a username are great members. But it is a red flag and people with such names tend to have an eye kept on them; they may be shied away from until they have established who they are through interaction.

"DominatingMommy" does suggest she emphasizes what the name suggests. This is only one side of her though, and I can assure everyone that she is fun to interact with on many topics outside of bdsm, such as strawberries. Nonetheless a name like this will be taken as an invitation to and by subby people, like Babyme would suggest the user is looking for caregivers.

Mentioning a detail like this says volumes about the person in a short space and is a very good intro-thread technique; other examples include I am a lifeguard, I have 4 boxes running linux, I am the CFO of a midcap-corporation, or I learned Norwegian so I could read Ibsen in the original.

So what's the significance of or meaning behind YOUR username? What is the combination of your username with your avi meant to say about you?

Last edited:

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
My username is retarded... I'd change it if I could. /praystogodsofSQL

My normal username (which I do not and would not use on AB sites) combines cute with evil. Everyone loves dichotomies.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
My username is retarded... I'd change it if I could. /praystogodsofSQL
Here:
http://www.adisc.org/forum/profile.php?do=requestusername :)

My username is just a name. I'm not sure why I chose it really, I would have used my rather boring regular username if this had not been a fetish site, so I had to come up with something else.
I like the name Charlie, as it sounds nice, it's quite a soft name.
Plus I don't know anybody called Charlie; I don't know why that's important but it is. :p

The F is in there for a bit of mystery. :p

My username does not interact with my avatar at all really, I just think mew is cute and friendly looking- a bit like the name 'Charlie'.

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I wanted to meld AB with my love of bears.

I've gone under this name for 5 years since I felt I needed something that separated this interest from others.

What is ironic is the spelling with an 'i' which might be more typical of a female's spelling, complete with a little heart for the dot of the eye. Even more amusing is that a few weeks ago, someone signed up on ADISC as babybear and they appear to be female :D

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was bored with my last name and took a quick look at a stack of NES cartridges I had lying around on my desk. For no particular reason except for is sounding vaguely cool, I chose to use The Adventures of Rad Gravity as a new name.

You may now feel free to speculate on the origins of my avatar :D

S

soren456

Soren is my real name.

456 is my disguise.

EDIT: My current avatar is taken from a photo by ajsco (with his permission). It's a sheep and it made me laugh when I first saw it.

I highly recommend a glance at some of his beautiful work: http://s656.photobucket.com/albums/uu290/ajsco/

Last edited by a moderator:

Triforceformer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I made a youtube name, I was a zelda fanboy of sorts, and it is easier to use it for more than 1 site than try to make up new names. I might consider redoing my name, but most likely not.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
When I joined the forum I was really interested with ciphers. I didn't want to use the name I use for none *BDL things, and I couldn't think of a good name, all I had was nappyking. Now I didn't want to join the forum with a name like that so I put it through a simple cipher called the atbash cipher. Basically A changes to Z and Z to A, B with Y and vice versa, and so on...

As for my avatar, that comes from the fact one of my favourite albums is The Wall by Pink Floyd, the marching hammers being a symbol of that band, and in particular that album. I don't mean it to be a sign of my political views or personality, though I have had some people ask me whether I was a communist after I took that on as my logo. Unless I find something I really like though, I don't see myself changing it.

My Profile picture is Marvin the Paranoid Android. I have him for two reasons. One, one of my favourite books (well series of books) is the Hitchhikers trilogy of five, and my favourite character from that is Marvin. Also, one of my favourite albums is Radiohead's OK Computer which has the track Paranoid Anrdroid on it. I used to have OK Computer as my avatar and I liked having a bit of a joke by having it as my avatar and the Paranoid Android as my profile pic. Little references like that amuse me.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]My normal internet username is unique (quite a rarity, but it is). However it's (a) really easy to trace back to me, and (b) quite boring.

Dreamaker is part of a line from the Killers song Spaceman. It was originally going to be Dream Maker but I changed it shortly after they banned spaces and underscores. I kind of like it this way now however, as it is also relatively unique (only two other people used the username at the time). Don't call it dreammaker unless you want to annoy me though, that just looks wrong.

For months, ADISC was the only place I used it, but I've since started to use it on places where I don't want my friends to know I'm on (e.g. Pokecommunity).

My avatar is totally unconnected to my username. ATM it's Yoh, because I started watching Shaman King on Youtube. It also has the (badly GIMPed) chopped up hypnotoad as my contribution to Toad Flu. I didn't get very far before the copyright purge though, so atm I'm looking for other sites which have the complete series before I pick up again.[/font]

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Mine came basically from my love of playing cards, and in most games, especially most forms of poker, the ace is the best card in the deck, so that's where it is from.

As for the avatar, a while back one of the users here was just giving people avatars if they asked, so I asked, he gave me this one and I liked it. Plus, I think it kind of looks like me a little.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
My username is a subtle way of identifying myself with the TB side of me. (incredibly subtle, apparently) It's a mispelling of the word "Neonate."

It doesn't go with my avatar at all really - that's a character from a game I really like, who I've sort of stolen to be in my avatars in most forums and the like. n.n

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My family once had a dog who was part border-collie and part terrier; he was tall and skinny (and very intelligent). I decided to take on a name honoring his memory :cryhankie:Actually I am neither skinny nor puppy. . . whether I'm smart is up for interpretation :educate::dunno:

The avatar? It's just another image of a dog, memorable in a perverse way. Winner of an ugly dog contest!

B

Butterfly Mage

Butterfly Mage

Butterfly = symbol of life and of transformation

Mage = Pagan. I'm a Wiccan

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Colfpup

I'm a furry, and its what most people online know me through I usually go by Oz or Ozone, but as there are at least 5 of us now i had to drop in species, Colf for a collie-wolf cross and pup because I'm a babyfur, simples. Ties in perfectly with my av as thats the furry representation of myself, if you dont know what a furry is get out from under that E-rock

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Fire= Pyro (I always try to remain as safe as one can, then again I am screwing around with fire. I'll however never st a California wild fire, plus those are all mainly due to careless people who aren't pyro's.)

2= TWO which really is my initials. :p

Box= for the last part since at the time my sister and or I came up with the name I was shooting at a cardboard box with a bb gun rifle I just got.

So Fire2box I became known as. If anything I am becoming more and more known as Fire2box then by my real name. :p

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Pojo: A magazine I read when I was younger. I don't know why I started to use it as part of my screen name, but I have been for about 5 years now. Every screen name I create, starts with 'Pojo'. My first choice is always 'Pojo', but it is actually taken sometimes. If it is, I then resort to one of a few other choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.