What's happened to plastic pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappafan66

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone,

I'd like to get some input on this. The topic is plastic pants. For 10 years or more I purchased the 7 gauge "Leakmaster Deluxe" plastic pants from Adultclothdiaper.com (also known as All Together Enterprises) The pant is actually made by Gary Manufacturing and sold as the "Leakmaster Deluxe" by Adultclothdiaper.com. My question is this. During this time the pants were almost a clear type plastic pants. I bought 7 pairs just this past week and they're nothing like the old Gary pants. They're this ugly white color and they don't look plastic at all. I called Gary Manufacturing and asked them if they changed the vinyl formulation and they said no. I got to tell you, I felt very strange asking that, I wonder if they suspected I was a DL.

You can't get decent plastic pants anymore. For example, I bought plastic pants that were clear, 8 gauge pants from both LL Medico and Protex Medical and there was a label put on there (as stipulated by California law) stating that materials in these pants are carcinogenic (those weren't the exact words, but the idea is the same) It's only a matter of time before vinyl is completely phased out and we'll be left with inferior material (from a DL/AB/fetish standpoint) such as PUL, TPU, and PEVA. From what I understand one of the main culprits as far as vinyl is concerned are pthalites (not sure if I have that spelled exactly right) These are chemicals used in the production of vinyl which presumably are carcinogens. Here's the thing. Individuals (babies, children, teenagers, and adults) have been wearing plastic pants for decades. I remember seeing plastic pants for babies in a catalog on Pinterest from 1947. Millions of people all over the world for decades have worn these pants. Out of all these people how many have developed cancer as a result of wearing vinyl pants? The way we test for this is completely unscientific and then we ban this stuff based on flimsy evidence. I'm sick to death of this anti plastic attitude. It affects DLs, ABs, other fetishist, as well as incontinent people. I think I'm going to call Gary again and be more forthright with them. I guess it's possible it's the production runs. I've run into that when I bought rolls of clear 6 mil construction grade poly film (yes, I like that too) I wonder if I wash the pants enough they'll get a nice "sheen" to them. That's happened with the other Gary pants I've worn. Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get this off my chest. Anybody else here feel the same way?

[ Minor Edit ] ~KitsuneFox

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
Reactions: PaddedRita, Blekyss, Angelapinks and 3 others
No, I use the adultclothdiaper plastic pants almost exclusively. I have been using them for the last 6 years, they have been the same from year one. I love em.

I am sure over time manufacturing processes change as well as material. But these are very nice sturdy pants. The ones that I have been purchasing are advertised as, "milky white" they have never been clear and they come as advertised... milky white, as I remember from the time I was little.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen, Zeke and 2 others
littlemoosey said:
No, I use the adultclothdiaper plastic pants almost exclusively. I have been using them for the last 6 years, they have been the same from year one. I love em.

I am sure over time manufacturing processes change as well as material. But these are very nice sturdy pants. The ones that I have been purchasing are advertised as, "milky white" they have never been clear and they come as advertised... milky white, as I remember from the time I was little.
Hi little moosey,

I also use Adultclothdiaper.com plastic pants exclusively for over 10 years. They were never "clear" but the ones I purchased had a nice plastic sheen to them which made them look and have more of a plastic feel. They were white, but over time they got a translucent feel, probably due to washing them.The last batch I received look more like rubber pants. Maybe some people might think I'm being picky, but I also like the looks of plastic pants as well and these don't cut it imo.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Maybe the washing is part of the problem. The only thing that I do with mine is the next day or morning they go into a bucket with me into the shower. I fill the bucket with shower water and let them soak. On occasion I will add some Johnsons baby shampoo and just agitate by hand. I will rinse them put them on plastic hangars and let them dry. I have had great durability this way. I can usually get a pair to last between 3 and 6 months. I am however alternating a dozen pairs at any one time. So the same pair is not being used every day, probably every 3rd day or so.

I also have to add that I dont mess, so there are no stains on them or the leg bands, this makes washing easier.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Davvyboy, Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
I've been wearing the 7mil plastic pants made by Gary for years. I haven't noticed any changes to them. I think of them as semi-transparent enough that I can see the color of the diapers and the plastic head of my diaper pins under my plastic pants. They've been my go to plastic or as I usually say, rubber pants especially for bedtime.

Reactions: Angelapinks, littlemoosey and Edgewater
I have been switching to Northshore's Trifecta plastic pants. Yes, they are a PUL based pant and do not have the feel and looks of the plastic pants that I had worn for years. I switched because of the much longer life and the much wider band materials, which equals more comfort.

I understand the want for a specific feel and look that my AB /DL friends. My change was based on the longer life of the product. That will likely not be a comfort to my friends, but it is why I had changed.

I have and still do wear Gary 'TUFFY' thick plastic pants had I will use them as an alternative to the Trifecta pants.

I will fully admit that California is part of those leading the changes we are seeing across the board. One of the serious problems with the changes in place and still to come will have serious ramifications. Think of the push to change from paper to plastic had caused as a past example. It will only get worst if it continues.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and Zeke
Lyric said:
I've been wearing the 7mil plastic pants made by Gary for years. I haven't noticed any changes to them. I think of them as semi-transparent enough that I can see the color of the diapers and the plastic head of my diaper pins under my plastic pants. They've been my go to plastic or as I usually say, rubber pants especially for bedtime.
I’m with you, for some reason, I have to be able to see the diaper pens and better yet the color of the head of the diaper pin through the pants. It just brings back memories for me.

Reactions: Lyric, Zeke and Edgewater
You guys and your “tank armor” grade plastic pants! I’ve had a few pair of 7 mil Gary pants, but never got attached to them because their covered elastics would crack and pinch my delicate derrière. Now you’re using 8 mil? Wow, I could get 2 pair of my 4 mil pants from a pair of those 8 mil pants. I don’t know if it’s what I wore as an infant or something else in my history with plastic pants that influencing my preference, but I find that I like the thinner 4 mil pants better. In spite of their increased noisiness I’m liking the pants made of PEVA and EVA since they seem to be immune to hardening and cracking from contact with bodily emissions and oils. Well, as the old adage says “Variety is the spice of life” and I feel fortunate to live in such a well seasoned age!

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen, CheshireCat and 2 others
I’m a traditionalist, plastic pants for me. Although the new materials are great, I prefer sticking with what I know. Long live traditional plastic pants!

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen, Lyric and 2 others
I bought plastic pants last year that were tough to wear, then I bought vinyl pants from Walmart, sold by Katy medical I think, and they were great, and wash and dryable (if that’s a word) when I used Depend diapers.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Tenawearer, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
The biggest revelation to me was Mylesta plastic pants, wash fantastically and very long lasting.

• Thinking
Reactions: Wetshisbed, Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I seem to find a lot of waterproof pants being sold on a lot of sites are like a stretchy almost rubbery film fused to a sort of rough polyester. I see it also on many mattress covers too now. Im guessing those are the PUL pants everyones offering these days. They are OK but I dont care for the rubbery feeling of them. You dont see packages of vinyl plastic pants at all in super markets, variety stores and even bigger department stores at all nowadays. Ive scoured Targets, Walmarts ,kids stores and even Macys..... Its all pull up training pants now or those "going green" reusable poly laminate pull ons. It seems any type of pvc or vinyl pants for kids now are totally non existent these days. Ive heard in some stories and articles in recent years that PVC pants are now deemed unsafe for kids even though 5 full decades before now they were pretty much covering almost every kid in a diaper. I hardly heard of anyone through these decades getting sick or ailments from wearing plastic pants as a child. Adult incontinence sites and ABDL sites still seem to offer old school plastic pants. Although I do find the vintage ones to be better than todays types. I actually have a couple of pairs from way back in 1981 and are pretty well made. I also notice that they had a sort off textured inner surface that would swish when pulling them on. Those pants feel really old school when I pull them over my diapers. I wish I could find ones like those today, I also miss terribly the adult Gerber style ones . The ones I have are also from the 80s and have the nice shiny and inner textured vinyl .Those are also not made anymore. So it is somewhat true that plastic pants are not the same or many not being made anymore.

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Zeke, you mentioned you use PEVA plastic pants, where do you get them and do they fit over the bulk of cloth diapers? A number of years ago i tried a pair of PEVA plastic pants from Baby-Pants.com and they were very poorly constructed and tore after being worn a couple of times and it wasn't that they were to tight.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
I’ve been wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants off and on for over 50 years. My favorites always have been like the thicker milky white pants I wear now. In the 70’s used Bittner, Edley Lang, then VIP and Comco. Now Gary 7 mil or Leakmaster Deluxe are my go to pants. I also have quite a few from ProTex that are very nice. Easy to find from many sources. I must admit I am stocking up just in case they become hard to find. Plastic pants are an essential part of my ABDL experience.

Reactions: Angelapinks, vp39, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
We have about the same time in plastic pants, but you beat me by a couple of years. I remember all but the Pro Tex pants.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Lyric
Edgewater said:
We have about the same time in plastic pants, but you beat me by a couple of years. I remember all but the Pro Tex pants.
I even wore Gerbers toddler large until I was around 30. They made some nice PPs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, dogboy and Edgewater
Lyric said:
I even wore Gerbers toddler large until I was around 30. They made some nice PPs.
I also fit into those Gerbers at one time! Loved them! When VIP made the same pants in adult sizes I used them for some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
I'm a fan of Gary's Euroflex pants - very long lasting and a nice slightly rubbery feel!

• Thinking
Reactions: MaxSyd, Angelapinks, Edgewater and 1 other person
Zappafan66 said:
I bought 7 pairs just this past week and they're nothing like the old Gary pants. They're this ugly white color and they don't look plastic at all.
Could do with photos to show what you mean.
I have the Gary 7mils from yonks ago and they're a translucent milky white (bought in UK as Gary brand).

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Incontinent2 said:
Zeke, you mentioned you use PEVA plastic pants, where do you get them and do they fit over the bulk of cloth diapers? A number of years ago i tried a pair of PEVA plastic pants from Baby-Pants.com and they were very poorly constructed and tore after being worn a couple of times and it wasn't that they were to tight.
Last year I bought four pair of PEVA pants from baby-pants.com and they’re still in use and standing up well. While their texture isn’t as smooth as some of my vinyl pants they’re far superior in their ability to stand up to oils and bodily emissions that cause vinyl to harden and crack. They’ve been fine over a contour with doubler or with two contours but I have tried them with my usual nighttime addition of a folded terry bath towel soaker or with my prefolds. I also purchased some Haian EVA pants (bright yellow!!!) on eBay that are as structurally tough, but seem to be just as resistant to hardening. The EVA pants have some of the characteristics of rubber and I find them a nice change of pace. Wearing 24/7 can get old pretty quick without a little variety to spice things up. I’m not sure if I’d wear those bright yellow EVA pants out in public though as if any bit of them showed out of my pants they would a flag that would attract far too much attention.

Reactions: Incontinent2 and Edgewater
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back