Whatpulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Do you feel that you could have moved your hands, keystroke by keystroke, across the globe twice every day? Interested in finding out just how much you type a day?

Well then welcome to the WhatPulse homepage. This website <-> software combination is the best way of keeping track of your keystrokes.

So wait no longer! Sign up, download the WhatPulse client today and start tracking your keystrokes!

Have fun typing. :)
Whatpulse is pretty much the most amazing program I've found so far. I pretty much just counts how many keys you've pressed, how many clicks of the mouse you've done, and how many miles you've moved with your mouse. NO IT IS NOT A KEYLOGGER! If it was then I would've been screwed a long time ago I'v been using this since like April and I ALWAYS have it running.

Whatpulse.org I seriously suggest you look into it.

Now I can't give you my account name because it is my main username (sry guys) but right now i have

Keys:
Clicks:
Miles:

2008-04-01 was the day I started using it... no im not sure exactly if thats april or January XD so.... yeah I think its april though...

You usually will get around 20k key clicks 2k mouse clicks and around .20 miles gone with your mouse, if your a gamer like me....

I've found the best thing to do is set it to an auto pulse every 24 hours, to do that u left click it in the taskpane,go to program and where it says pulse every put 24 hours in, now it will pulse every day at the time u put in 24 hours in so if you typed 24 hours and hit ok at 11:03 then it would pulse that time everyday, this is a beta so it is getting better as they go along.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
lol rly your the first person ive met who actually knows about it that hasn't been told by me or my friends XD

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
That's interesting! I just installed it right now, so It'll be interesting to see how much of a nerd I am, lmao.

Apparently I already have 292 keystrokes, 28 clicks and I've moved0.00 miles since last pulse. Awesome. xD

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
This isn't some kind of undercover pirate hacker keystroke logger is it? It just seems to me that this kind of "innocent" little program could be so easily exploited... and lead to all kinds of information.

Role
Private
This isn't some kind of undercover pirate hacker keystroke logger is it? It just seems to me that this kind of "innocent" little program could be so easily exploited... and lead to all kinds of information.
May I emphasise:

I've been using this for the past 3 years now ^_^

Besides, it has thousands of members and users. In all that time, if it were bad I think someone would have outed it by now.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I've yet to have a problem with it, and usually i dont ever even think about it, it pretty much just runs in the background, even starts up on its own when i start my computer. There pretty much involves no work with it besides setting it up.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Since I don't smell conspiracy behind every door, and I trust Lukie-pookie...I went to the site...and got MySQL server down: Too many connections which is kind of disturbing since now I've already logged all of these key strokes 'n they're not being registered! *pouts*

editOkay, so now I've got it, and it's counting my keystrokes and mouse clicks, like crazy! I should be halfway around the world by the end of the day (if I don't fall asleep) :D

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Yeah I don't think it tells you that you've been around the world but it sure does amaze you how much typing you can do in one day... when I first saw mine i was like NO WAY! OMG I NEED A LIFE, but it's not actually that much, I'm jut a really fast typer and i backspace a lot XD...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I agree with Darkfinn mainly since it IS a key logger. It might not be sending back the correct letters but I am sure that could be fixed in a small update and what not. Also having it go back to a website to me only supports that more your data "keys logs" is being stored on a server somewhere. Just since you have been using it for 3 years and had no credit problems does not mean its not a keylogger.

That would be like me saying "I smoked clove cigarettes from Indonesia for the past 7 years and I do not have cancer so they must be safe."

D

daria7483

Interesting. So if I click, say, one mile a week with my fingers, can I consider that to be similar calorie-burning to walking (or running) a mile? I wonder if my fingers are much stronger than they'd be if I never typed.

Anyway, I haven't downloaded it and probably won't - sorry, but I'm just kind of skeptical of free applications unless some person with knowledge of these things can assure me it's safe and doesn't install anything you don't want installed.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
The WhatPulse client is provided to you as it is. We are NOT responsible for any damage this application might do to your computer enviroment. Neither the WhatPulse client nor the server logs keystrokes. The client checks each keystroke as it is entered to ensure that it is a valid key, but the key itself is not stored. Only the aggregate number of valid keys entered is stored on the WhatPulse server.
Quote from privacy policy WhatPulse | Privacy policy

Thats it, the client pretty much deletes the key before it goes to the server.

So really it takes in the keystroke and the key, checks to see if it's a valid key, then deletes the key and stores the keystroke, everytime you pulse it it sends how many keys u pressed but not which keys they are.

Role
Private
...and I thought I was paranoid.

That team I'm part of has a forum elsewhere... a forum that deals with all things games and tech. Over a quarter of the userbase uses whatpulse, so I think if there was anything wrong with it, they'd have found it out.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
should this be in computers and games? yes
it has to do with keyboards.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
meh i have been using it for 42 months and then stopped for about 15 months because i formatted and never reinstalled

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I wonder why you put it in the Members' forum in the first place... It's supposed to be a forum where you put threads which you don't want Newbies to see.

Anyways, I've downloaded it a few days ago. I use kilometers, though, so if you want to compare, you should find a converter or something.

WhatPulse | Viewing DarkSunDS's profile

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I've been using WhatPulse for almost a year, and if it weren't for no http://www.adisc.org/forum/computers-games/ tags in signatures, you'd always know how many keystrokes I've done. Since I likely won't be bothering to ever update my stats in this thread, I'll stick my constantly-updating image here.

[IMG]http://pulse.offbeat-zero.net/sig/Shadowrunner.png

At the time of this post, 57.67 miles or 92.81 kilometers. I started using WhatPluse around a year ago.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've been using WhatPulse for almost a year, and if it weren't for no http://www.adisc.org/forum/computers-games/ tags in signatures, you'd always know how many keystrokes I've done. Since I likely won't be bothering to ever update my stats in this thread, I'll stick my constantly-updating image here.

[IMG]http://pulse.offbeat-zero.net/sig/Shadowrunner.png

At the time of this post, 57.67 miles or 92.81 kilometers. I started using WhatPluse around a year ago.
I saw you in the user list of the furry team I joined. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.