What would your dream nursery look like?

InuChan

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Tell here what you would like to have as a nursery. Such as colors, themes, furniture or decorations you would like. In a perfect world what would it look like? And if you have one, feel free to share pictures!

I personally would love to have it in a large room where I have my white and rainbow pastel crib, adult rocking horse, and play mat.
the walls would be lavender and baby blue, with carebear, rainbow brite, and strawberry shortcake decor and toys everywhere! It would be plushie paradise.

Light blue walls, crib, changing table, pokemon plushies all over

Reactions: InuChan
I would have my nursery in a spare room behind a locked door for when people come over that I don't want to know about this side of me.

The nursery itself would be pink with various pictures on the walls, including glow-in-the-dark stickers. The decorating theme would be My Little Pony or maybe Disney princesses. I'll decide when I see what is actually available for purchase. The nursery would contain the usual baby/toddler furniture and a toy box for my toys and shelves for my dolls and plushies. There would be a low table to play or draw on. One part of a wall would be a blackboard for drawing. The rug would be thick and soft for sitting or going barefoot. There would be a mobile for my crib. Of course there would also be CD’s, DVD’s and books, all of various Disney themes and a closet full of baby dresses and a dresser full of diapers and other clothing.

• Love
Reactions: Phoebe and InuChan
I actually got a bit inspired by this post, and decided to make a full nursery blueprint (shown at the bottom of the post). I had wanted to do something like this for a while, but this gave me a really good excuse to go nuts. For anyone curious, the room is meant to be 10x10, and all of the furniture (except for the stuffed animals) is to scale. I chose this size, as if I was luck enough to have a nursery, it would probably be the smallest bedroom in the house, and after looking at 3 bedroom house plans, 10x10 seemed to be fairly close to standard for such a room (12x10, 11x10, and 11x9" all being pretty common as well, but I wanted a square room, just for ease of drawing)

As shown by the yellow borders, I would want the room painted a soft yellow. I would also want little wall decals of lambs, or maybe other babyish things like pastel blocks. I would also have a very fluffy carpet or rug to play on. All of the furniture would be white, painted wood. Most of the cloth items would be pink, with a few yellow accents.

In the the top left hand corner I've put a high-sided day bed, with storage drawers underneath. I see this as a sort of compromise between a custom crib (which I see as being quite expensive to have, given that on most nights I would sleep with my partner regardless of headspace), and a plain bed. I feel like the high sides give the aesthetic of a toddler bed, and a bed bumper could be added to the free side for extra security.

At the end of the bed, to the right is a five drawer dresser to hold little clothes, or possibly some boardgames, puzzles, or art supplies. On top of the dresser is a specific type of lamb toy that also acts as a nightlight, with stars coming from its belly hit the opposite wall. Next to the dresser is a small hamper (for practical reasons).

In the bottom left hand corner is to me the most important piece, a two person rocker. All of the ones I could find, which would fit two grown adults, were meant for outdoors. However, I found one which comes with a bottom cushion, which was good enough for me. My Daddy and I are currently in a long distance relationship, but when we can be together in person I would love to be able to cuddle and have him rock me; alas why the chair is so important (and why it is a few inches away from the wall, so it can have room to rock).

Right of the rocker is a small combination toy box/bookshelf I found. The toy box base could be used for stuffies, or for baby toys like rattles or blocks. The bookshelf could obviously be used for books, or to hold stuffies, or possibly knick knacks (I have a couple porcelain dolls and music boxes that would sit nicely on a shelf). Next to the toy/shelf is a small trash can (again for practical reasons).

There are a few other items I considered adding like a toy hammock, mobile, or bed canopy; as well as small accessories like blankets or curtains. However I decided not to add these as they are quite dependent on things like the size of any possible nursery, or it's fundamental layout, including the amount of things I have at that time. Since I don't know any of these things, I thought I would not include any additional items past the basics to avoid visual/mental clutter.

Anyway the goal of my dream nursery is to feel soft and inviting, without being too busy or cluttered. Just a quiet safe place to play or relax. ☺

IMG_20200708_145604.854.jpg

Reactions: Phoebe, OfficialPastelPoppet, InuChan and 1 other person
I'd love to have either a Winnie the Pooh or Frozen themed nursery, with mint green or light blue walls and decorative decals. My crib would be the size of a regular twin bed with sides that go up past my head when I'm sitting down. I'd have soft flannel sheets and a pile of cozy fleece blankets, and a night light close by. I'd have a large wooden toy box in one corner for all my stuffies, and a book case for all my picture books. Next to that I'd have a rocking chair with a soft blanket in it, then a large rocking horse. I'd have a closet or chest of drawers for my baby clothes, and a changing table with cubbies or drawers for all my diapers. I'd love to have a wide bay window with cushions to sit on, and a large calico critters doll house. When I was little I had a doll house in a bay window in my room, and I'd love to get that back.

Reactions: Phoebe and InuChan
LilTinyBun said:
I actually got a bit inspired by this post, and decided to make a full nursery blueprint (shown at the bottom of the post). I had wanted to do something like this for a while, but this gave me a really good excuse to go nuts. For anyone curious, the room is meant to be 10x10, and all of the furniture (except for the stuffed animals) is to scale. I chose this size, as if I was luck enough to have a nursery, it would probably be the smallest bedroom in the house, and after looking at 3 bedroom house plans, 10x10 seemed to be fairly close to standard for such a room (12x10, 11x10, and 11x9" all being pretty common as well, but I wanted a square room, just for ease of drawing)

As shown by the yellow borders, I would want the room painted a soft yellow. I would also want little wall decals of lambs, or maybe other babyish things like pastel blocks. I would also have a very fluffy carpet or rug to play on. All of the furniture would be white, painted wood. Most of the cloth items would be pink, with a few yellow accents.

In the the top left hand corner I've put a high-sided day bed, with storage drawers underneath. I see this as a sort of compromise between a custom crib (which I see as being quite expensive to have, given that on most nights I would sleep with my partner regardless of headspace), and a plain bed. I feel like the high sides give the aesthetic of a toddler bed, and a bed bumper could be added to the free side for extra security.

At the end of the bed, to the right is a five drawer dresser to hold little clothes, or possibly some boardgames, puzzles, or art supplies. On top of the dresser is a specific type of lamb toy that also acts as a nightlight, with stars coming from its belly hit the opposite wall. Next to the dresser is a small hamper (for practical reasons).

In the bottom left hand corner is to me the most important piece, a two person rocker. All of the ones I could find, which would fit two grown adults, were meant for outdoors. However, I found one which comes with a bottom cushion, which was good enough for me. My Daddy and I are currently in a long distance relationship, but when we can be together in person I would love to be able to cuddle and have him rock me; alas why the chair is so important (and why it is a few inches away from the wall, so it can have room to rock).

Right of the rocker is a small combination toy box/bookshelf I found. The toy box base could be used for stuffies, or for baby toys like rattles or blocks. The bookshelf could obviously be used for books, or to hold stuffies, or possibly knick knacks (I have a couple porcelain dolls and music boxes that would sit nicely on a shelf). Next to the toy/shelf is a small trash can (again for practical reasons).

There are a few other items I considered adding like a toy hammock, mobile, or bed canopy; as well as small accessories like blankets or curtains. However I decided not to add these as they are quite dependent on things like the size of any possible nursery, or it's fundamental layout, including the amount of things I have at that time. Since I don't know any of these things, I thought I would not include any additional items past the basics to avoid visual/mental clutter.

Anyway the goal of my dream nursery is to feel soft and inviting, without being too busy or cluttered. Just a quiet safe place to play or relax. ☺

View attachment 42713
That sounds very nice! I hope your dream comes true!

Reactions: LilTinyBun
1594249851909.png

Katie wants Strawberry shortcake

• Love
Reactions: Phoebe, OfficialPastelPoppet, LilTinyBun and 1 other person
Given the money, the room in the house and some time... this is what I would put together for my baby.

Attachments

• room2-e1557493105909.jpg
    room2-e1557493105909.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Autiesaurus, OfficialPastelPoppet and InuChan
Our nursery Mommy put together!

Attachments

• IMG_20160312_163315.jpg
    IMG_20160312_163315.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20160312_162421.jpg
    IMG_20160312_162421.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 46
  • Love
Reactions: ChillBilly, OfficialPastelPoppet, littlemoosey and 1 other person
I've essentially have had three 'little' rooms over the years, with one of them definitely in the AB realm - with a crib and changing table - while the other two were more in the littlefur category.

I'm now on the verge of my fourth. Started looking at IKEA for furnature, with my ex-wife offering to decorate my new environs, as we'll still live together for the forseeable future. I would like a new crib, though I think her idea of two daybeds turned towards each other might work well in the interum. There will certainly be lots of Mickey, Minnie, and Care Bears.

When I have the new room assembled, I'll post a pic. In the meantime, here are locations I used to call home.

Attachments

• F7554FCF-C733-4424-B549-0716C2A9C225-2446-00000186C41DECC3.jpeg
    F7554FCF-C733-4424-B549-0716C2A9C225-2446-00000186C41DECC3.jpeg
    838.8 KB · Views: 33
  • E8E7A721-7744-4F77-84C0-DF11D803C46F-2446-00000186C430E5DB.jpeg
    E8E7A721-7744-4F77-84C0-DF11D803C46F-2446-00000186C430E5DB.jpeg
    614.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5240.PNG
    IMG_5240.PNG
    163.6 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: OfficialPastelPoppet and littlemoosey
tenderbottoms47 said:

Upgraded the 'like' to a 'love'. Very much my style. Nice. (y)(y)

onecho said:
I've essentially have had three 'little' rooms over the years, with one of them definitely in the AB realm - with a crib and changing table - while the other two were more in the littlefur category.

I'm now on the verge of my fourth. Started looking at IKEA for furnature, with my ex-wife offering to decorate my new environs, as we'll still live together for the forseeable future. I would like a new crib, though I think her idea of two daybeds turned towards each other might work well in the interum. There will certainly be lots of Mickey, Minnie, and Care Bears.

When I have the new room assembled, I'll post a pic. In the meantime, here are locations I used to call home.
Oof i loveee care bears 😭

• Love
Reactions: onecho
tenderbottoms47 said:
That’s amazing so jealous

A toddler bedroom with a mermaid theme :D Lots of toys, maybe a changing table. A bit like this :)

Attachments

• 65e533101639d5b37fcf2303849a5511.png
    65e533101639d5b37fcf2303849a5511.png
    431.5 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Phoebe
Me and my fiance plan on making me a nursery when wh get our own house I plan on making it paw patrol themed

Reactions: Ian16545, InuChan, OfficialPastelPoppet and 1 other person
Taking a cue from LilTinyBun (and past posts regarding my playroom), here's what mine would look like:
dreamnurseryfloorplan.png
Details are on larger furniture.

As for the room itself: the way in/out would be between the book case and rocker (perfect for storytime or just cuddling together), the walls would be white, with Priss Prints, Fathead and RoomMates character decals and ceiling borders—and glow-in-the-dark stars and mode up on the ceiling. And beside the crib, there'd be this Baby Wile E. Coyote nightlight:
1594589309703.png

The toy storage on the left side of the room would be for: blocks, toy cars/trucks, musical instruments, puzzles and games, whereas the opposite would be for arts, crafts and dress-up. Oh, and there'd be some toy storage underneath the crib, too.

As for the toybox: when I mean larger toys, I'm talking about: playsets, dollhouses, larger vehicles, standard toys, balls—you know this sort of stuff.

The bookcase would be narrow, but very tall and deep (all the more good reason to stock it full of books, top to bottom).

The stand below the TV would have a giant DVD and video library, a VCR, a DVD player, a multisystem video game console, and—of course—cable and streaming hookups.

Over the changing table, there'd be a big double-hung window with white shutters and top and bottom. Another window, this one a casement, would be over the arts/crafts/dressup storage area.

Just above the Diaper Genie and between the crib and changing table, there'd be a small cribside wall table with a drawer for pacis, and this Care Bears lamp on top:
1594593249931.png

To be continued in reply below, as I can't add many more pics here...

• Love
Reactions: Phoebe, LilTinyBun, OfficialPastelPoppet and 1 other person
Ian16545 said:
Taking a cue from LilTinyBun (and past posts regarding my playroom), here's what mine would look like:
View attachment 42822
Details are on larger furniture.

As for the room itself: the way in/out would be between the book case and rocker (perfect for storytime or just cuddling together), the walls would be white, with Priss Prints, Fathead and RoomMates character decals and ceiling borders—and glow-in-the-dark stars and mode up on the ceiling. And beside the crib, there'd be this Baby Wile E. Coyote nightlight:
View attachment 42814

The toy storage on the left side of the room would be for: blocks, toy cars/trucks, musical instruments, puzzles and games, whereas the opposite would be for arts, crafts and dress-up. Oh, and there'd be some toy storage underneath the crib, too.

As for the toybox: when I mean larger toys, I'm talking about: playsets, dollhouses, larger vehicles, standard toys, balls—you know this sort of stuff.

The bookcase would be narrow, but very tall and deep (all the more good reason to stock it full of books, top to bottom).

The stand below the TV would have a giant DVD and video library, a VCR, a DVD player, a multisystem video game console, and—of course—cable and streaming hookups.

Over the changing table, there'd be a big double-hung window with white shutters and top and bottom. Another window, this one a casement, would be over the arts/crafts/dressup storage area.

Just above the Diaper Genie and between the crib and changing table, there'd be a small cribside wall table with a drawer for pacis, and this Care Bears lamp on top:
View attachment 42816

To be continued in reply below, as I can't add many more pics here...

(continued from above)

And speaking of the crib, here's the mobile I mentioned:

Now comes the fun part—the plushies I'd usually keep in there (though they may vary now and then):
1594596888277.png1594596912215.png1594597705482.png1594612056124.png
1594612170564.png1594612686306.png1594614511613.png1594614595379.png1594615486972.png

And here's that Kai-Lan face pillow reserved for the changing table:
1594615599421.png

A lot to go on, I know—but you get my drift.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LilTinyBun and OfficialPastelPoppet
Ian16545 said:
(continued from above)

And speaking of the crib, here's the mobile I mentioned:

Now comes the fun part—the plushies I'd usually keep in there (though they may vary now and then):
View attachment 42825View attachment 42826View attachment 42827View attachment 42829
View attachment 42830View attachment 42831View attachment 42834View attachment 42835View attachment 42836

And here's that Kai-Lan face pillow reserved for the changing table:
View attachment 42837

A lot to go on, I know—but you get my drift.

Oh! I almost forgot about the crib toys:

On the front bars:
1594616013888.png1594616061163.png1594616088303.png

On the back panel:
1594616159925.png1594616203731.png1594616123014.png

And one extra regular plushie to add to the mix:
1594616263836.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LilTinyBun and OfficialPastelPoppet
Ooh. Might have to make a floor plan now. What a fabulous idea :D

Dream Bedroom Room Plan.png
More Detail:

Bed, chest of drawers and closet matching. Simple wood IKEA frames. Painted pastel blue (I actually have a bed and drawers just like this and I love them)

Bed:
- Clip on safety barriers on side
- Mermaid or princess bed set
- Princess net hanging over
- Lots of stuffies
- Mermaid and princess scatter cushions

Drawers:
-Top drawer: Sectioned with dividers. Small things like dummies (pacis), hair accessories, toiletaries (plasters/bandaids, ointments, baby powder, tissues, sun block, hand and face wipes, etc).
-Middle drawer: Pyjamas and underwear (my little age is sometimes in the process of potty training. If in nappies full time, would still keep vests and socks in there), outdoor accessories (hats, scarves, etc)
-Bottom drawer: Nappies! Nappies, wipes, etc. Current pack of nappies may be out next to the drawers for easy access. Current wipes and creams may live on top of the drawers in a small basket. But bottom drawer is where I would keep most of my extra nappies and wipes and stuff
-Cute decor orniments on top, as well as lamp shown in diagram

Lamp:
-Mermaid or princess lampshade

Changing Mat:
-Mermaid or princess design
-Simple on floor changing mat that can be leaned up against drawers to save space

Closet/Wardrobe:
-All clothes, excluding underwear (inc. socks) and accessories. T-shirts, onesises, trousers, skirts, dresses, the whole 9 yards.
-Overflow nappies. Any packs that don't fit in drawers.
-Spare bedding

Toy Box Stool:
-Full of toys. Barbies, other action figures and fashion dolls, playsets, blocks, etc.
-Doubles as a stool, cushioned lid for sitting on.
-Pink wood box. Cushioned lid could have mermaid or princess pattern fabric.

Bookshelf:
-Wide and short. So little people can reach top shelf
-Pink wood, same as toy box.
-Full of picture books and bedtime stories
-Cute decor orniments or toys on top

Play Kitchen:
-Girly colours
-Lots of play food to go with it
-Play pots, pans, plates and cutlery
-Maybe a highchair for baby dolls

Baby Doll Crib:
-Crib for baby dolls (duh lol)
-Pink or purple

Doll Stuff:
-Plastic storage tub or cute box
-Baby doll clothes and accessories inside

Toy Piano:
-Toy keyboard (you know the ones)
-Button that plays different tunes/nursery rhymes

Dress Up Box:
-Full of all kinds of dress up costumes and accessories
-Princess, mermaid, fire fighter, licenced characters, doctor, everything imaginable

Art Table:
-Colouring pencils, felt tip pens and paint galore
-Colouring books, as well as plain paper
-Chalks for chalk wall (see other details)
-Kind of like those kids art tables from Sims 4

Dollhouse:
-I already own this. Its one of my bio-childhood toys
-It's a yellow dollshouse. It's wooden and pretty big. When I was younger,
my mum and dad decorated it for me like a real house, so it looks super cool inside too

Arm Chair:
-Princess or mermaid pattern fabric. Maybe Disney Little Mermaid :D
-Perfect for sitting down with a book

Rug:
-Mermaid or princess themed
-Big, covers a lot of floor that side of bed
-Perfect for sitting and playing on

IKEA Stuffie Net:
-I think everyone knows what these are. They are basically a big net with
lots of compartments that you hang from the ceiling and you can put
stuffies in them

Other details:

-Windows above chest of drawers. Princess or mermaid curtains
-Blank left bottom corner is where door is. Sign hanging on hallway side of door
saying "Princess At Play. DO NOT DISTURB"
-White walls. Part of wall where the play kitchen, doll stuff, etc is would be a chalkboard wall
-Mermaid, Disney or princess themed canvas print above bed
-Smaller canvases above bookshelf and on any wall areas that look lacking

• Wow
Reactions: Ian16545 and LilTinyBun
Back