What would you say is your main reason for wearing diapers, other than incontinence?

SebUK97

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been thinking about this a lot recently, but i think my response is not limited to one reason. I don't however know if i would associate my need for wearing diapers with kink? While i do really enjoy wearing diapers, I'm not really wearing them for sexual stimulation. I think more as a form of absolute relaxation?

Possibly as a coping mechanism, I kind of feel uncomfortable with the Kink label, which seems to be linked to DL lifestyle, because i think it doesn't necessarily apply to everyone who enjoys wearing diapers for reasons other than IC need.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Prillprillprill, Tori94 and 4 others
So other than IC
i wear for comfort security.
I struggle greatly with anxiety and bouts of PTSD and without my diaper on I need exposed & vulnerable. Soon as I have my diaper on I am calm & can function normally

Reactions: skylanderpamp, Diprs2 and Felstormvortex
I know you want

other than incontinence there is no other reason​

• Angry
Reactions: Diprs2, Ortler, bdale and 1 other person
dpcare said:
I know you want

other than incontinence there is no other reason​

What about the simple enjoyment of wearing them?

Reactions: Diprs2, KindaOlde, littlemoosey and 7 others
I'll chime in here as I'm probably one of a handful of the board's verified unicorns. I didn't have this kink from childhood where most had a desire to be diapered from very young. The following is my opinion and my opinion only, I don't expect others to agree.

To me it's a kink. Definitely. Like yourself I wear diapers half of the time because I just like the way they feel. The other half out of utility. Diapers as an erotic element is tied almost exclusively to my involvement with the BDSM scene where I wear them myself to prolong bondage sessions or use them as a means to humiliate people who get off on being humiliated. Not everyone's thing, I know. But I'm the kind of person that aims to please.

Reactions: Diprs2 and SebUK97
Fetish and for comfort reasons.

Reactions: Diprs2, Ortler and SebUK97
ianwee said:
Some people who have incontinence and have no other choice but to wear them don’t always enjoy them.

How about "less laundry for my caregivers"?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita and SebUK97
  1. I am attempting to make up for a lack of nurturing that I have associated with diapers.
  2. I am attempting to self-soothe
  3. I like the way they feel and make me feel
As a result of the above - they help quell my anxiety

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, littlemoosey, littledub1955 and 3 others
You know how a weighted blanket is supposed to bring comfort and security? That's the exact reason I wear a diaper. I really don't understand why having a thick padded diaper between my thighs is so comforting but it is.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, GoodnitesXL21, littledub1955 and 5 others
Because I like it.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, BlueDude, LeatherStallion and 5 others
I sweat a lot down there, so when I go out for a long while, I wear them to capture sweat.

Nah, I just like it, but it worked with my parents some time ago 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955 and SebUK97
AugustDaFluff said:
Some people who have incontinence and have no other choice but to wear them don’t always enjoy them.
Ironically that's how got started. Had a back injury years back they left me functionally bladder incontinent. I couldn't stop living my life, so I made peace with it. While surgery was able to fix my incontinence, I just got used to it. There is a certain convenience aspect.

IC people sometimes cannot understand why on earth anyone would actively choose to wear diapers, something they don't have any choice about. I was able to incorporate it into my life out of necessity, then out of choice as I grew to enjoy them it of the utility and later added them as an erotic fetish element for myself.

I get where you are coming from though.

My main reason for wearing diapers is the softness and the comfort of wearing diapers, diaper therapy as a coping mechanism for news I don’t like to hear like sad news and anything that I can get wound up about

Reactions: Diprs2, LeatherStallion, littledub1955 and 1 other person
I've thought about this a lot. I've come to the conclusion that I wear for -

1. Boredom
2. Arousal
3. Comfort

Every single time the desire to wear hits me it's usually because I'm bored, which almost inevitably leads to arousal. Once I cross the kink line (whether I take care of it myself, or let it fade) and I am no longer aroused, that is when I wear for comfort to help me cope with stress. Though when I am out of the house running errands while not wearing and I suddenly need to use the restroom I always think to myself "I wish I was wearing a diaper right now".

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh24, Diprs2, JR1 and 4 others
ianwee said:
because I don't enjoy wearing them they are a necessity

Reactions: Diprs2
It's a fetish for me. I only wet in mine, and am 100% DL.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric, JR1 and 3 others
Well, I guess it was curiosity!!! I have No idea why I wanted to put a diaper on back then. That was 60 years ago! Then over the years, I think it was anxiety and the need to wet a diaper. (That makes sense to anyone here.) Obviously, I have become Incontinent now and I do enjoy my diapers.

• Love
Hard to admit but I think for me its the kink side. I feel aroused when I have the urge to go to the bathroom, and that feeling of being safe in a diaper feels nice, and comfortable.

But the desire comes and goes. At the moment the desire is on it’s way out.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric and SebUK97
Other then IC it just feels nice on my body, almost like a hug its soft and squishy like a pillow
oddly enough it makes me feel safe if that makes sense

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955 and SebUK97
Back