What would you like to see in the newsletter?

What would you like to see in the newsletter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Just taking a poll to see what there is an interest to see in the newsletter. Even if it is a popular choice it's not guaranteed to be in there, and vice versa.

Last Months Recap
This will just be a short paragraph recapping major news from last month.

Upcoming Events
Events (Usually posted on the calendar; except birthdays) that are coming up in that month.

Birthdays
That Months Birthdays

Previous News
Last Months News

Upcoming News
News that is coming up, or happened in that month. (Depending on what day the newsletter is sent out)

Hot Threads
Some threads that have a lot of activity that month, or are generally interesting.

Featured Member
A randomly chose member each month, maybe a short biography on that person, or a questionnaire of sorts.

Featured Wiki Article
An article that has some good information. (Hoping to promote the wiki)

New Additions
Things that have been added to the site in the previous month.

New Stories
Some new stories that were posted in the story section, including brand new ones and ones that were updated. (Hoping to promote the story board)

Featured Story
A story that is randomly chose from the story board that is good, or had a lot of comments, and was generally well liked.

Nugget of Wisdom
A quote, or post, chosen that has extremely good advice.

--------------------------

If you want to see something that is not listed here feel free to speak up, we are willing to take everyones advice and suggestions.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I want to see banned users and the reasons they were banned, Wiki stubs, and ideas for wiki articles.
Oh and whens the next installment of ADISConference? have you forgot about it?

Role
Private
Last Months Recap
Previous News
Last Months News
It's in the Wiki, isn't it? So if people wanted to skim over previous news, they could just check the article history.

Upcoming Events
Events (Usually posted on the calendar; except birthdays) that are coming up in that month.
Birthdays
That Months Birthdays
Always good to make a note of such things.

Upcoming News
News that is coming up, or happened in that month. (Depending on what day the newsletter is sent out)
Definitely have this. It is a newsletter after all.

Hot Threads
Some threads that have a lot of activity that month, or are generally interesting.
Not sure about this one... do we really want popular threads to overshadow more insightful ones? That's not to say popular threads aren't quality... but I just think we shouldn't have to focus on threads that are already getting attention.

Featured Member
A randomly chose member each month, maybe a short biography on that person, or a questionnaire of sorts.
Everyone likes 15 minutes of fame. ;)

Featured Wiki Article
Definitely. This'll help people get involved in the wiki.

New Additions
Yup, always good to stay on top of new features, especially if they are implemented to be used by the users.

New Stories
Some new stories that were posted in the story section, including brand new ones and ones that were updated. (Hoping to promote the story board)
Featured Story
A story that is randomly chose from the story board that is good, or had a lot of comments, and was generally well liked.
I honestly don't think enough stories get posted here to warrant these categories.

Nugget of Wisdom
Why not. ;)

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's in the Wiki, isn't it? So if people wanted to skim over previous news, they could just check the article history.
So instead of a previous news category, what would you say to something like a previous article section, and with each newsletter the link from the previous one gets added?

Not sure about this one... do we really want popular threads to overshadow more insightful ones? That's not to say popular threads aren't quality... but I just think we shouldn't have to focus on threads that are already getting attention.
So what about instead of Hot Threads, something along the lines of Insightful Threads. Of course that'd be left up to Pojo and I's discretion, but post those threads that are good and need more attention?

I honestly don't think enough stories get posted here to warrant these categories.
Thats the problem. I'm hoping that if those two are categories, it would inspire those budding writers to post a few stories of their own.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I voted for everything except "New Stories", because I couldn't not vote for something :)-P), and because I think one story thing is enough. Also, don't new stories tend to be unfinished? I think it's better to simply pick a random good story and promote it.

But anyway these are all good ideas! :thumbsup: Should be a mighty fine newsletter!

Role
Private
So instead of a previous news category, what would you say to something like a previous article section, and with each newsletter the link from the previous one gets added?
That's a great idea. On another forum I visit, most of the site news is stickied at the top of the main message board. As you could imagine, it gets to the point where there are too many stickies. So every so often, someone groups them altogether in one big "Combo" Sticky. And every edition has a link to the previous one in it. The system works really well.

So what about instead of Hot Threads, something along the lines of Insightful Threads. Of course that'd be left up to Pojo and I's discretion, but post those threads that are good and need more attention?
Not quite... I mean, I don't have that much of a problem with highlighting already popular threads. I'm just saying that it's rather counter-productive to take that approach. Up to you and Pojo though.

Thats the problem. I'm hoping that if those two are categories, it would inspire those budding writers to post a few stories of their own.
Fair enough point. Of course the stories don't have to be DL/AB related, so yeah... you're right on this one.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Yeah. I agree with Lukie on the posts thing. Try too focus on posts that are seen perhaps as good quality, instead of just popular. Quality, not quantity, is what makes this forum great.

I also think the new additions is a very good idea. They aren't always mentioned, and it can be quite difficult to keep up with what is added.

I agree with Charlie - we don't need a featured story and new stories.

With the featured members do it as an interview, perhaps in an IM of some sort. I think that would be really interesting to see. As a feature of the newsletter that is something I think would be cool. I really love to get to know the other members better - especially the cool ones.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Alright guys, thanks so much for the information. I will probably just use the Featured Story category, opposed to the New Stories category as well.

Also betagame, banned users will not be in the wiki.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Personally Mandi... I'm sure many of us would like to see more pics of you in diapers. :laugh:

Kidding... kidding.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Just taking a poll to see what there is an interest to see in the newsletter. Even if it is a popular choice it's not guaranteed to be in there, and vice versa.

Last Months Recap

Upcoming Events

Birthdays
That Months Birthdays

Previous News
Last Months News

Upcoming News

Hot Threads

Featured Member

Featured Wiki Article

New Additions

New Stories

Featured Story

Nugget of Wisdom

--------------------------
Or a summary of the above

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Alright guys, thanks so much for the information. I will probably just use the Featured Story category, opposed to the New Stories category as well.

Also betagame, banned users will not be in the wiki.
I meant what I want in the newsletter was: wiki stubs, banned users, and featured wiki article.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Why would you want banned users in the newsletter?

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Wiki stubs might be a nice idea, getting people motivated. I don't want banned users of the month going in though, I'd rather that not be advertised because people might worry.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
A tiny, little line for Humphrey's words of wisdom. :p

Humphrey Sez: Nuh-uh!! You tooked them out of your sigmature, so I's not doing anything like that till you put them back!!!

B-b-b-but...

Status
Not open for further replies.