What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabyBryanne said:
I have a niece who is almost 8 years old. When she was 6 and a half her baby sister was born. At that point she started sucking her thumb. So one day in quick moment with just the 2 of us. I asked her if she wanted a pacifier. She thought about it and said "yes". A few months later after I forgot about it she asked me for a pacifier when we where alone. I said "sure I will get you one" but she didn't want her parents to know. I promised to keep it a secret. I finally got her one and she loves it so much I bought her a second one. I also got her 2 cute pair of shortalls. I love wearing shortalls myself. So, now my niece can go out matching her favorite uncle. 2-3 weeks ago I left my adult sized pacifier in my shortalls bib pocket. While she was sitting on my lap she felt something in my pocket and reach in to check it out. When she pulled it out, I told her that was my pacifier. She then put it in mouth and said "Now me match for sure". Since then we have talked about baby bottles, diapers, and footy pajamas. (sleepers). The problem is this all the stuff I love and have loved since I was her age or younger, but she is the one bring up this in conversation. So of course I see nothing wrong with it and we both enjoy our time together. I feel more relaxed wearing my shortalls, and using my pacifier in public because my niece enjoys it and she has no shame or embarrassment.

Awe you sound really sweet :) Just thought I'd mention that

Anyway, to answer the question, I think I would tell them that there was nothing wrong with them or anything. I'd probably maybe buy them diapers etc. especially if they were younger and too afraid to do it themselves. I probably would just leave it there though and let them explore their interests themselves.

Really is correct to involve kids in adult stuff ? I´m not friend of that. Get it public ? It only can bring fraeking problems...

CrazySmoker said:
Really is correct to involve kids in adult stuff ?

I'm sure the TB/DL's out there would beg to differ there (on it being adult stuff that is)

Since this is a significant issue for a child (look how it affected us) it is important to deal with it as openly and frankly as possible. But since it has sexual overtones, direct participation of any kind with the child would be playing with pedophilia. I would try to make it clear that the child's abdl activity would be permissible in our house, but that it should be a private matter. The atmosphere I would strive for is one in which the child knows he/she can always talk to me about it for guidance, and would never have to fear my disapproval of the desires themselves. I would be very willing to supply the diapers, discreetly, because this would be a continuous reminder to the child that I am always open to talking about it.

If we are considering purely recreational and not based on any legitimate need or problems. . . .it would depend on how old they are.

If my hypothetical 8 year old son asked to wear diapers, I would probably refuse and insist that he is a big boy. First, his body is still developing and I would not want the use of diapers to cause developmental problems. Second, he would not be mature enough to use discretion and moderation. We all know how little kids have a tendency to not keep their mouths shut or know when they should or should not do something.

However, I would stress that I appreciate him being open and honest with me, because I am sure like many of you did. . .I would not want him hiding it from me and doing something he may regret.

If my child was a little more grown up, say 13+, I would most likely allow it, but only after having a long talk about honesty, discretion, and moderation. I would make a huge effort to understand exactly why he wants to wear diapers or act like a baby, and would probably insist on him seeing a therapist, not because it is wrong or bad, but out of concern for his well-being. I know all too well that there are things you just cannot talk to your parents about, despite how much we would like to.

I would take it slow and provide the things he wants, keeping my distance, but at the same time keeping an eye on the situation. If at any time it starts to affect his daily life, I would talk with him again and if the situation does not change, I would put some restrictions on his activities.

Another question is how much to get involved. . .personally, I would go so far as to change his diapers and ensure everything remains sanitary, but would not participate in any sort of baby play. Additionally, I would not do anything unless he specifically asks for it.

As a DL myself, this is how I would have wanted to be treated, so it is only fair to treat my offspring the same way.

Milko said:
Awe you sound really sweet :) Just thought I'd mention that

Thank you very much. I do my best.
Pure and innocent is my key.

I would probably buy diapers for them, knowing how it never goes away and its just a part of you

The answer is a definite no.

If my teenaged son or daughter told me of their ABDL tendencies, I would be very much against it. This is mainly because of my own experiences, where I saw my parents become traumatised over my DL state (partly due to google's misinformation). This time however, I know the potential harm that it may bring. Even if my future wife is an ABDL, I would dissuade it.

I know how much I have suffered because of my DL state. I do not want my children to go through that. There is just too much that I am keeping from my family and friends, it is just plain unhealthy. The bottom line is that, for boys it has a tendency to become sexual, for girls it is a sign of regression. Not forgetting the potential sanitation hazards.

One might say that if the family is supportive, then the stress level is reduced significantly. But it is still there. As a parent, I would want to seek ways to completely eliminate stress, prevent social stigma etc.

To be honest, I'll go ballistic if I find out that my children are into ABDLism. If they come and tell me, I will make them feel appreciated for opening up, but I will dissuade them nonetheless.

selv14 said:

If my teenaged son or daughter told me of their ABDL tendencies, I would be very much against it. This is mainly because of my own experiences, where I saw my parents become traumatised over my DL state (partly due to google's misinformation). This time however, I know the potential harm that it may bring. Even if my future wife is an ABDL, I would dissuade it.

I know how much I have suffered because of my DL state. I do not want my children to go through that. There is just too much that I am keeping from my family and friends, it is just plain unhealthy. The bottom line is that, for boys it has a tendency to become sexual, for girls it is a sign of regression. Not forgetting the potential sanitation hazards.

One might say that if the family is supportive, then the stress level is reduced significantly. But it is still there. As a parent, I would want to seek ways to completely eliminate stress, prevent social stigma etc.

To be honest, I'll go ballistic if I find out that my children are into ABDLism. If they come and tell me, I will make them feel appreciated for opening up, but I will dissuade them nonetheless.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It can be a pretty stressful and traumatic experience for many, especially in childhood (myself included). I see why you wouldn't want that for your kids.

However, I'm not sure dissuading it would do any good. For most (at least most that I've talked to) ABDLism isn't something that just goes away. There are certainly cases where it's just a phase, but if not, it's usually just a part of that person and will be for most of, if not all of their life. My dad certainly dissuaded it (quite harshly) when he found out about me, and that did nothing but make me feel extremely guilty and hate myself for having these feelings. I tried really hard to make them go away after that but they still never would. In my case, the way my Dad handled the situation ended up doing much more harm than good. You know what I mean?

selv14 said:

I don't think ''...for boys it has a tendency to become sexual, for girls it is a sign of regression'' is all that accurate. Personally, I was sexually into diapers (well, training pants, GoodNites, and adult products, to be specific) way before I was into them for regression, and I'm female. I guess I could be an unusual case, but it can still happen.

theQman said:
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It can be a pretty stressful and traumatic experience for many, especially in childhood (myself included). I see why you wouldn't want that for your kids.

However, I'm not sure dissuading it would do any good. For most (at least most that I've talked to) ABDLism isn't something that just goes away. There are certainly cases where it's just a phase, but if not, it's usually just a part of that person and will be for most of, if not all of their life. My dad certainly dissuaded it (quite harshly) when he found out about me, and that did nothing but make me feel extremely guilty and hate myself for having these feelings. I tried really hard to make them go away after that but they still never would. In my case, the way my Dad handled the situation ended up doing much more harm than good. You know what I mean?

You're right, ABDL feelings never really go away. But I guess that I would have to find something, some activity that takes the place of ABDL feelings. And that is a challenge that is very hard to win. Even I failed to find an activity that distracts myself from ABDL feelings. My dad too, took the guilt-tripping tactic.

As I've mentioned, a parent has a duty to protect their kid from harm, stress etc. The easy way would be to equip them with knowledge on how to keep their secret a secret, and let them take care of their own problem. But would it be better if one guides their child along the path of social and societal awareness? To be honest, I don't know.

KimbaStarshine said:
I don't think ''...for boys it has a tendency to become sexual, for girls it is a sign of regression'' is all that accurate. Personally, I was sexually into diapers (well, training pants, GoodNites, and adult products, to be specific) way before I was into them for regression, and I'm female. I guess I could be an unusual case, but it can still happen.

I should have mentioned that I based my conclusion off my own observations on ABDL social media. It's just that from what I've seen, the vast majority of males are talking about DL stuff while the vast majority of women are talking about AB/littles stuff. I haven't read much of the scholarly material about this topic. I guess not everyone fits into these categories. I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back