What was your first time buying diapers?

I really am not sure if this was my first or second time, but I was really small and maybe just out of HS. I bought Pampers size 7 from Babies 'R' Us and acted like I was auditing the store. I was a field auditor at the time and audited retail stores which often required me to make a purchase for a specific item. So I specifically sought out pampers size 7. When I got home I was in total bliss. The pampers smell and taping them on was great!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I was 16 when i first bought my first pack of diaper(a pack, not a single pack as in the one that has only 1 in it) It was after i done with my job at my aunt's Bangkanese noodle, i was cycling from her place and i suddenly wanted to check out the prices of the adult diaper on our local convenient store not to buy them yet because i don't think i can hide 7 adult diaper in my room back then, and then i see the adult pull-ups that is have smaller package and only have 4 pcs in it, so i just go grab that, pay it at the cashier, put it inside my bag, hurried home put that in a hidden place, and wait until night, i wore that for the first time i tried an adult pull-ups i finally know kinda how it feels to wear a pants diaper XD, tho i can't wear that 1 for too long because i share my room with my brother and because i have to to go to the church the next day too

Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
Mom checked me out of school and took me to take my driving test on my 16th birthday. After getting my license I took my car and went back to finish up the day at school. After school I had about 30 minutes until marching band practice would start. So I jumped in my car and drove to Walmart and bought on of the sample packs of Depends Maximum Protection that they had hanging in the incontinence isle. It was still a while before I got the chance to try it out but that was my first time purchasing.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273, Goodnitesdude0127, WillFord384 and 1 other person
I had always enjoyed wetting my pants but hadn't had much interest in diapers. At some point, in m early teens though I started experimenting with homemade diapers of underwear, towels or wash clothes, and plastic bags. I really wanted to try real diapers but I couldn't figure out how to get any. This was before ubiquitous online ordering and I didn't have a credit card at that age anyway. I solved that problem when I got my driver's license at 17. One day when my parents were out, I drove the a local drug store in a neighborhood where I hoped I wouldn't see anyone I knew and bought a pack of Depends! I was equal parts terrified and thrilled.

I went home and immediatly changed into one, wetting it right away and loved it!

• Love
Reactions: thedlguy, Goodnitesdude0127 and BobbiSueEllen
I have been thinking about diapers since ever I can remember. I know I was pottytrained way way earlier than kids usually are, and up from then the topic diapers became a total taboo. When I was three years old, I was incredibly jealous on other kids around my age who were still allowed to wear or use them.

During the next years there was this neighbour girl who would wear at night because she still wet the bed. Of course we were best friends and I adored her. However I would never dare to try one myself or to steal one, but kept my thoughts secret and for myself. When I was 12, I had my first personal experience of physical arousal from deliberately wetting my underwear while being alone at home when parents were still at work. I had no clue why I would like it or why I would keep doing it, but it just felt good. I was always very careful to hide any evidence or traces, would handwash the underwear and made sure it would be dried up again on the radiator before my parents came back. And whenever phantasizing about a girl I fancied or found attractive, of course I was secretely imagining her still needing and using diapers.

I kept doing my secret underwear wetting ritual regularly until I was 17. Often I would fabricate some fake diaper out of toilet paper and wrap it around myself like a diaper, and then sit down on the toilet or in the shower and wet it. It was my way to get to climax. I felt very weird about it, and very guilty, and I did not understand at all why I liked it. I thought I was the only one in the entire world to be like this, and that I needed to stop, because I thought it was wrong. But the urge never went away.

I never had the guts to go buy diapers and try until I was 17. That was the very time in my life when we got internet, and I still remember that the first thing I looked up online was "diapers", "women in diapers" etc. And I felt such a big relief then when I discovered that I was not the only one like this. I became a member in a German diaperlover forum, and started making friends. Particulary with a girl who was just one year older than myself, and who was a diaperlover herself, and who had already more experience with diaper brands and how to discretely order them online. She lived like 90 minutes away by train. And before I could even order a diaper myself, she invited me over and would introduce me into different brands, taught me how to correctly put them on etc. It helped me a lot to actually accept myself and what I like, and I had no more self esteem issues at all after that, but completely started to live my DL life out.

The first diapers I ordered were plastic-backed Tena Maxis, when they were still good and not as bad they have become today. I am one of those DLs who are only interested in plastic-backed diapers which crinkle. Plastic pants over the diaper are also cute, but no necessity, and they do not even interest me at all if they aren't worn in combination with a diaper. Either way, I don't wanna go too much off the topic. But yeah, those were my first diapers I ever bought. I was lucky enough to have a good guide, so I would not have to go through all the experimenting and being-dissappointed-about-pullups-or-bad-brands-phase. We were still staying in contact as good friends for a while, until our ways seperated and we lost contact. But that was the triggering experience for sure to finally start for real, and I never stopped being a DL or being attracted to a woman wearing and using diapers until today.

Since my age of 17 I would always be honest and upfront about my diaper attraction to any partner I ever had, and then lived some very hedonistic 20s too. I was lucky enough to have very openminded and fetish-curious partners, who would even let me introduce them into diapers and who would wanna participate and even enjoy posting on German and French diaperforums themselves then. And the reason for any breakoff, has never been the fetish, but different life plans after college.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetaccident, BobbiSueEllen and ChocChip
When I was 12 a 14 I noticed the libero junior in a local supermarket, after some weeks I decided to go there and buy them ...... still remember the magic of them : white, thick and plastic

Reactions: Rezzu and BobbiSueEllen
My first time was a pack of Depends Adjustable at a Target when I was 21.

It took me a while to actually buy them because I was always nervous about doing so in person. It wasn't until I got a job at Target that I realized cashiers really don't care; I never paid attention to the hundreds, if not thousands of items I checked out on a daily basis, and sure enough, whenever I've bought diapers at a store, I never so much as get a second glance. The first time I used the self check-out, though my second time (Assurance Stretch Briefs at Wal-Mart) was done with an actual cashier.

When I was at university, I sneaked off into town on a quiet afternoon and bought a sample pack of Boots Staydry belted undergarments, I think they were... this was around 1996. Put one on in a public loo and I think I walked around for a bit with it under my jeans, and tried wetting it a bit though capacity was limited!

The next time I think I found the “fitted briefs” (taped nappies) in another branch and did similar... was always a disappointing experience back then, though, due to the quality of the products.

My first purchase of diapers was 16 Apr 18 I had wet the bed a couple of times and broke down and purchased equate belted briefs from Wally World and the next time I wet the bed those things leaked badly, luckily the bed had a good mattress protector on it from when I purchased it earlier in the year. When I got paid I looked online for something better and found most medical brands were terrible and I stumbled on betterdry diapers I purchased a case and they were far superior to anything else I found and less expensive.

I bought my first bag of Attends diapers when I was 15.

They had a cute baby blue plastic backing and comfortable cuffs between the legs but lacked off the waistband and 6-tape design.

s-l1600.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu and BobbiSueEllen
I think I was 15. I used some babysitting money and bought a pack of Pampers at the local grocery store. I kept them hid in the back of my closet.☺️

• Love
Reactions: dlboylife and BobbiSueEllen
Before they were garbage, I was extremely fortunate to order two packs of Goodnites with the butterfly and owl and flower designs with the frill leg guards back in what I believe was 2014 or 2016. 😊

Not only was it my very first time ordering diapers online; but it was when I realized that thanks to having my own shopping account I could finally forfill my desires to ware diapers all I want without having anyone knowing. ☺️ Feels wonderful!

Reactions: ShyBoo81 and BobbiSueEllen
I had worn a couple of my toddler brother's baby diapers (didn't use though) when I was 8 or 9, and they were found pretty quick, so I didn't wear any for a while after that. I loved them and they fit and felt wonderful!🤗

Anyway, about 2001, Goodnites really pushed TV advertising. I had NO IDEA they even made diapers for kids my age (12-13) at the time!!!😳

I finally built up the courage and made a plan. I rode my bike with my backpack about a mile to the grocery store. I found them but was nervous. I walked around for a while with the hand basket and eventually got them. The good thing was that the self checkout things had just recently been put in I think. I bought them and was very happy and shaky. I rode home and put my backpack outside my bedroom window (quad level house- windowsill pretty much at ground level.) I brought them in through my window.
I tried them on (they were whatever size the largest all white ones were at the time.)
They fit great and were so cozy!🥰
I still wear them a lot even to this day!👍

Reactions: wetaccident, BobbiSueEllen and WillFord384
I recently bought my first pack and free sample about a week ago or so. After planning everything out by searching through many usps places that do general delivery and/or pickup, only to give up and sign up for a cheap 10 dollar a month po box and even buying a decoy item just to make sure how my process would be. I finally have my free sample of northshore supremes and megamaxes. My kinkydreamzzz order is on its way as I type this out. It's such a satisfying thing to do after turning 18, man.

I'm actually planning on making my own thread sharing my first experience on wearing and using adult diapers for the first time if you want more details.

• Love
Reactions: SofiaInPampers, Goodnitesdude0127, WillFord384 and 1 other person
Y
Atotom912 said:
I recently bought my first pack and free sample about a week ago or so. After planning everything out by searching through many usps places that do general delivery and/or pickup, only to give up and sign up for a cheap 10 dollar a month po box and even buying a decoy item just to make sure how my process would be. I finally have my free sample of northshore supremes and megamaxes. My kinkydreamzzz order is on its way as I type this out. It's such a satisfying thing to do after turning 18, man.

I'm actually planning on making my own thread sharing my first experience on wearing and using adult diapers for the first time if you want more details.
our gonna love the MegaMax 😍

Being incontinent growing up my mom always purchased diapers for me but one memory sticks out was when she took me to the apothecary store and had me get a carton of attends briefs while she went into the next store to shop. This was the first time I became really subconscious about diapers, even though the lady's that worked in this store knew me well it was still a vivid experience since the purchase was two 96 packs I had to make two trips and felt that all the customers in the store was watching me carrying them, in reality I'm sure they didn't care less. This was in the mid 80's and to my knowledge I was the only 14 year old buying diapers.

I bought some Depends from Walmart when I was 18. My first time buying legit diapers was last March. I ordered a package of North Shore mega maxs after doing some research. They came in a box marked “medical” and I was so glad I was the one who got to the door first. I ended up with a size too small and I was really worried about being caught so I stayed up half the night not realizing I could slip it off without undoing the tapes and waking everyone up. I was also worried about the sound it would make when putting it in a bag and throwing it out.

Now over a year later I have no issue with buying diapers, sneaking them in, wearing them, using them, and then throwing them out without being caught. At least so far.

Last edited:
It was a few years ago, I added a pack of goodnites to my grocery purchases in the cornershop app.

The first time I was nervous because I thought the shopper would question why I buy diapers ... but I soon realized that they have better things to think about, and nobody really cares.

First time buying diapers was when I was thirteen. I rode my bike to the grocery store, and bought a pack of 4t-5t pull ups. If I adjusted the velcro sides, and was careful putting them on, I was able to make them fit. After that, I bought a pack of goodnites and learned how a diaper should actually fit. I was always nervous. I would try to wait for the checkout lanes to be open, so I didn't stand long holding a pack of diapers. I think this probably got me flagged by security as a shoplifting risk, as a few times, I was approached by an employee, and asked to leave my backpack to the customer service counter until I was done shopping.

I love this thread. I didn't start wearing diapers till I was 23, which seems to put me on the older end of the spectrum. I knew I'd been interested in them for as long as I could remember, but it took me ages to connect all the disparate strands of information. My first diapers were a sample pack of Depend pull-ups, which I bought at a grocery store late one Friday night. My first "real" diapers were the old, three-tape Depends; I bought those at a pharmacy, and in the great tradition of ABDLs over the years it took me fifteen minutes to summon up the courage to actually purhcase them.

I used to be terrified of diaper shopping; now it's one of my favourite things in the entire world. I'm usually padded when I shop, and afterwards, I go to Starbucks so I can change into a fresh diaper for the drive home. If you're on the fence about buying in person, just remember: literally no one cares what you're buying except you. Go for it!

Reactions: Goodnitesdude0127 and BobbiSueEllen
Back