What was your first time buying diapers?

Here’s mine, extracted from my origin story “Confessions of a British DL”

Context- when on family holidays abroad I would always sneak off in the supermarkets or mini marts and look for the nappies. I first noticed that adult nappies existed when I saw them in a Spanish Supermarket on holiday...

“I would look out for foreign nappies and their interesting packaging. It was on one such occasion when I was about eleven that I noticed adult nappies for the first time in a Spanish supermarket. They were in a package that mentioned something like “Adult Hygiene” with a line drawing of a four-tab brief. I was over the moon to see that they existed and decided that when I was grown up I would wear them all the time for convenience. I remember seeing similar packages in a Greek pharmacy the following year.

I decided to investigate British pharmacies as I had a bit more freedom and money by now. I discovered that Boots had their own range- StayDry. I got a leaflet about them and found that they had range of pads. There it was: Boots StayDry Maxi- a real adult nappy! I saw from the leaflet that sample packs were available.

Now, twelve years old and starved of real nappies for so long, I saved my pocket money, went on the bus on
my own to the furthest town I could get away with, and took a rucksack with me.

The Boots had sample packs of the StayDry Maxi. I bought two, one medium and one large. The strength of the desire overcame my nerves. I took them to the counter, handed them over without saying anything, paid and left.

By now I had been allowed a lock on my bedroom door for privacy, and had discovered a loose floorboard in my wardrobe that made an ideal hiding place. I stashed them there. Then, one Summer evening while my parents dined outside, I opened the pack with the size large brief in it.

In those days, Boots StayDry products came in dark blue packaging. I pulled out the brief and unfolded it. It was a huge plastic backed nappy. It was quite thin but had an elastic waistband, four tabs with no taping zone and interesting padding with diamond shaped quilting. It was all white with a yellow indicator strip.

By now I was so excited I was shaking. I laid it out on the bed and lay down on top of it. I don’t want to be too graphic but I remember vividly that as I pulled up the front of the nappy in order to tape it on, the excitement became so intense that I had what I now know to be my first orgasm.

Before that point, nappies had always caused a physically pleasurable tingling feeling throughout my whole body, but the experience had not been “sexual”.

I eventually calmed down and taped the nappy on. It was huge on me, very crinkly and quite thin, but it was the best feeling ever. I was unable to wet it lying down, but standing up was not a problem. I wore it overnight but didn’t sleep much because of the excitement. It felt so ‘right’ to be wearing a nappy in bed again. In the morning I wet it again and it held the lot but felt like it was reaching its limit so I took it off and hid it under the floorboard. I eventually bagged it up and disposed of it later that day when everyone else went out.”

Last edited:
Reactions: ChocChip, Shingo, Goodnitesdude0127 and 1 other person
My first time was when I was 20 or so I think. I had always loved diapers since I can remember and I had come across and worn adult diapers a few times before, but when I finally decided to buy my own, it was at a Walmart down the street from my house. I thought about it all day at work and then finally made the decision to stop by Walmart on my way home and buy a pack of the Depends Protection with Tabs, but they were called something else back then. I can’t remember what. Anyways, I remember being crazy nervous and embarrassed but I did it and went home with them. Stuck them in my backpack and walked right by my parents like nothing was up. Said my usual hellos and stuff. Getting to my room was exhilarating, but I waited until night to actually try one on and slept in it. It was great.
Unfortunately, in the morning i felt guilt and gross and I tossed the whole bag.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I don’t remember exactly when the first time was, but I had a routine my first few times as a teenager, I lived pretty far out in the country away from any stores, but I have a lot of family in New York and when visiting them it was not uncommon for me to take the train in to the city to do things by myself, so I remember quite a few times going to the cvs in penn station and buying a pack of some kind of pull-ups, putting them on in the public train station bathroom and wetting and disposing of them in the bathroom on the train on the way home, and then stashing the rest in my bag for later use when out and about in places where I could dispose of them without them being noticed in the garbage

Baby diapers were first---even thought they weren't gonna fit. I borrowed my parents spare vehicle and drove down to the corner store to buy some generic ones. The clerk asked me how my day was and I said "Oh they are for the dog"...

Buying adult diapers wasnt that big of a deal. When I went to the drugstore I was already sick that day from a stomach bug so I just grabbed a pack of depends(the plastic ones), got my meds and some gatorade and left. It wasn't embarrassing because I really felt bad and just wanted to get home.

Even years later, buying from a medical supply store wasn't an issue because that's what they did.

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and WillFord384
quartz200420012 said:
Baby diapers were first---even thought they weren't gonna fit. I borrowed my parents spare vehicle and drove down to the corner store to buy some generic ones. The clerk asked me how my day was and I said "Oh they are for the dog"...

Buying adult diapers wasnt that big of a deal. When I went to the drugstore I was already sick that day from a stomach bug so I just grabbed a pack of depends(the plastic ones), got my meds and some gatorade and left. It wasn't embarrassing because I really felt bad and just wanted to get home.

Even years later, buying from a medical supply store wasn't an issue because that's what they did.

I love it. "They are for the dog." I'm gonna have to use that one :)

Summer of ‘87, so I would have been 9. Bought a convenience pack of Huggies Large size at a JJ Peppers convenience store near my house in Chicago.

• Love
had an injury last year that left me bedridden for 6 weeks at the age of 28. It hurt to move and go to the bathroom. Figured "what the heck I've been wanting to try this for a while" called Northshore and requested some samples, then decided the next day to order 3 packs.

• Love
Reactions: sinceiwassmall and BobbiSueEllen
1st time was last December. I ordered a bag of Rearz Rebels. I felt so excited and happy, like Christmas morning when I was a kid 😊

• Love
My first time buying diapers was when I was 17. I walked over to the local CVS and bought a pack of Goodnites. I barely managed to wet them, though, and the whole thing ended with my first purge. It was an isolated incident, and I didn't buy any more diapers until a few years later when I was in college.

• Wow
My first time was today. I've always been interested in diapers. So I ordered some from Amazon, but I didn't want to wait. I found a guy on Craigslist that was selling some still in the package. Hopped in my car and drove over to St. Paul and bought what is my first package of diapers. As I'm typing this, I'm wearing my first one. And it's every bit of what I hoped for. Cute, and comfortable. One day I'll get brave enough and go out into public. I'm so glad I made this decision.

• Love
Reactions: sinceiwassmall, SofiaInPampers, Riddy and 2 others
When I was 9 my parents decided to put me back in diapers for bedwetting after only being potty trained for 3 years and my mom took me to Walmart and went to the baby aisle and got me s pack of goodnites the went to the adult diaper aisle and got some depends diapers and made me carry them around the store, then went to the check out line and when the cashier ask if we wanted to put my diapers in bags my mom told her that I could carry my own diapers out, once we got to the van my mom told me to lay down and put a diaper on me.

• Wow
NewStudent said:
My first time was today. I've always been interested in diapers. So I ordered some from Amazon, but I didn't want to wait. I found a guy on Craigslist that was selling some still in the package. Hopped in my car and drove over to St. Paul and bought what is my first package of diapers. As I'm typing this, I'm wearing my first one. And it's every bit of what I hoped for. Cute, and comfortable. One day I'll get brave enough and go out into public. I'm so glad I made this decision.

That's great. If you don't mind my asking, what did you order from Amazon and what did you buy from the Craigslist guy? And what kind of diapers are you interested in trying?

WillFord384 said:
That's great. If you don't mind my asking, what did you order from Amazon and what did you buy from the Craigslist guy? And what kind of diapers are you interested in trying?
The ones I ordered from Amazon I'm not sure. They're pink and I thought they were cute. The ones I bought today are Little Pawz. To be honest, I don't know the difference.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I'd been eyeballing the Pampers in the local stores now that I'd been earning money cutting grass and so on: they were still fanfold and a new variety had just come out in the very large box, with double-elastic at the legs. And they were thick! This was before the days of SAP and loads of wood pulp made for a more absorbent, thick diaper. So I began saving all my money now that I found out how much the big box of toddler Pampers would cost...then, one summer day, I had the money...now I just needed the opportunity...

It didn't take long before one warm summer day, when the parentals and the sister-units decided I could be left alone for the entire day, so off they went. My senses were up but so was my paranoia so I waited two hours to make sure they wouldn't be returning for some odd reason and catch me red-handed...got on my bike, rode into town, case out the store to make sure nobody I knew was there, grabbed a big box of Pampers, went up front, paid for 'em, got out, loaded the box after bagging it up and rode home.

The family was still out and I was keyed up solidly with anxiety, giddiness, fear, paranoia, everything. The moment was at-hand! I'd always wondered what it was like to wear a disposable diaper, especially Pampers, with its sweet and wonderful babylike smell...the bulk of it against my bottom, the plasticky feel and crinkle...I even wondered if it would tickle me "down there" to wear one. So I raced inside, got to my room, got to my bed, flopped the box onto it, unbagged it, opened it. It felt so surreal, seeing a giant box of Pampers in my bedroom! I opened it, instantly was hit by that Pampers smell, got overwhelmed by it and launched in a mindless daze of happiness. Took one out, opened it up, felt how soft the inside was...it was super-soft. Excited, paranoid, breathing heavily, I ran to the dining room for the duct tape and went straight back.

Hurriedly, I took 3 more diapers out of the box, gently undid the glue blobs that held the pleats into the middle and had 4 perfectly flat, rectangular diapers. Each diaper got one tape and the leg elastics cut off, the remaining tape tab would attach to another diaper, side-by-side, followed by a duct-taping of the seam. I did this with the other 2 diapers, then stacked one pair atop the other. Then folded the diaper up to a giant, me-sized diaper. Now my heart was pounding and my breathing was heavy!

I quickly peeled off two 9-inch strips of duct tape and gently stuck them to the edge of my dresser, after which I hurriedly took my pants & underwear off over my shoes, leaving me with a bare bottom, in a t-shirt and "tennies"; I got on the bed, laid down, still listening for any errant noises indicating my family had returned...nothing. I lifted my bottom up, moved the diaper under it and let back down on the diaper. It was amazingly soft on my bottom but bulky, too, and the fragrance wafted up to my nose. My sense were full-tilt keyed-up, my heart ready to pound itself out of my chest as I pulled the back corners out to the sides...then I reached between my legs, grabbed the diaper front, pulled it between my legs and up, then down onto my tummy...and, well, you-know-what happened next.

In all the excitement, "things" kinda got excited as the diaper touched them. In haste, I fanned the front out, grabbed a rear corner, brought it to the front and overlapped, snagged a tape, stuck it on the back, pulled snug & taped down, then repeated the tape for the right, pulling snug and again taped down.

I was now in a diaper. I was actually wearing a real diaper. And Pampers, to boot! And panting in excitement, still at full-tilt, senses-wise. Still keen for those noises that could ruin it all. But nothing...so after a minute or two taking in the feel of being in Pampers, I got up to sitting, legs over the edge of my bed, unable to close them, the perfume still wafting to me, making me delirious.

Then I stood up. This diaper was bulky, thick, extremely soft, warm. It felt like a massive hug! And I wasn't disappointed to feel that this diaper was also very tickly. So I decided to take a few steps to the other side of my room and when I turned around, being keyed-up and excited got the overwhelmed me and I had to race back to my bed, collapsing upon it as "you-know-what" happened. Now I was laying face-down, looking like a very big toddler in a disposable diaper. I was spent, still moaning, panting...feeling extremely vulnerable. Helpless. Exactly like a baby. So I laid there until things calmed down, got up, stood there in my giant diaper, looking at it, feeling it, feeling so secure in its snugness and warmth.

Then suddenly, I had the urge to go pee. Yet it felt restricted...I figured since I was wearing a diaper, might as well wet it. It took some focus and relaxing but eventually little bits came out...then a little more...then the flow increased steadily. Before I knew it, I was wet. In a very wet diaper that smelled like Pampers and warm wetness so I stood, walked a little in my diaper, got used to the feeling of being a big, soggy-wet toddler. Then I ripped through the waist tapes, got my diaper off, balled it up and bagged it for disposal. The thrill was over so I broke down the box, raised my mattress, put the flat box at my feet, layered the remaining diapers under the middle & top of the mattress, let the mattress down. And spent the rest of the day processing it all before the family returned much later.

I'd crossed The Line. And I wanted more. This July will mark my 40th anniversary back in diapers. And I still love it to this day. And even more so, now that I'm not only a toddler again but a toddler girl, at that! 🥰🤗🍼🧸🥳
Wow 40 years ago this summer......So that would be 1981 and yes the pampers then were so thick and crinkly! Its funny I have 4 Pampers baby diapers from 1981 but they are like newborn ones. I ended up with them because my cousin was out growing the newborn ones. My aunt actually gave them to my sister for her to actually put on her dolls. She never ended up putting them on her dolls so they sat in the storage garage for years until I took and hid them hoping one day to fit them together. I of course never did but held on to them. They were incredibly small and even taping all them together still wouldnt fit right. I always imagined them being really big and wouldve been so awesome to put on and enjoy like you did. So I still have them today and kinda just kept them for nostalgia reasons.

• Love
Reactions: SofiaInPampers and BobbiSueEllen
MikeDJ said:
Wow 40 years ago this summer......So that would be 1981 and yes the pampers then were so thick and crinkly! Its funny I have 4 Pampers baby diapers from 1981 but they are like newborn ones. I ended up with them because my cousin was out growing the newborn ones. My aunt actually gave them to my sister for her to actually put on her dolls. She never ended up putting them on her dolls so they sat in the storage garage for years until I took and hid them hoping one day to fit them together. I of course never did but held on to them. They were incredibly small and even taping all them together still wouldnt fit right. I always imagined them being really big and wouldve been so awesome to put on and enjoy like you did. So I still have them today and kinda just kept them for nostalgia reasons.
Yep, 1981. It was a summer of discovery, of progression. Of growing..and of diapers. I remember it fondly. 🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and SofiaInPampers
BobbiSueEllen said:
Yep, 1981. It was a summer of discovery, of progression. Of growing..and of diapers. I remember it fondly. 🥰
Its funny I dont know what it is about that year but I also have two pairs of adult plastic pants from 1981....My grandmother was incontinent for many years and had adult diapers and plastic pants even back then. So she must have ordered a few pairs that were too big and never used them. She mustve ordered them from a catalog(no online ordering then)So they sat in storage for many years. By the early 2000s she had passed and in going through her stuff found those pants. I always loved plastic pants as much as diapers. So I managed to take them and opened them up and found them in like new condition. They were very well made with a nice semi clear white color. You could tell they were vintage having the embossed type plastic not the smooth type today. So them being large fit me pretty well over the years. Ive taken care of them and still have them today 40 years later this summer (from that year 1981)amazed how well theyve held up!

• Love
Reactions: steviet, Ukiwa and BobbiSueEllen
16 or 17 I honestly don't remeber what brand or size I bought.

I was 18. Just had my driver license for a couple of months. Few days before dropping my parents on the airport for going on vacation for a week, I placed an order on an ABDL shop. Not for sending, but picking it up from the owner itself. I find I had quite some balls to do that now I’m writing this haha😂

But wow... the tension that was building up... just the excitement to finally wear a real diaper and have an adult pacifer. Would like to go back and have those feelings again, but the bing-purge cycle was the worse back then. Accepting it now makes it’s more enjoyable I think.

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
I remembered my first time like it was yesterday lol although it was many years ago , i had planned meticulously for this delicate surgical strike like military precision . I did my recon at the store knowing what i want to buy and had run the scenario in my head multiple times , asked my mom when she will be out and not at home , planned my route and went to a pharmacy that's far from my home so no one will know me .

Going to the place to get my diapers is very exciting knowing it will be my first time getting diapers and having to wear it , i was excited thinking about it all the way there .After reaching the place i walked into the pharmacy and even though i knew where the diapers are i walked around trying to see if anyone i knew and kept walking around for quite some time . After that i took the adult diaper and pretend to look at it ( i dunno why i did such a thing ) should have just took it and dash to the cashier . I slowly walked up to the cashier pretending its totally normal but my mind and heart was racing so fast . After i bought it i cannot believe that i have done it and made my way home still very excited about getting my diapers . As i open the package i took some time to sort of admire it and started taping the diaper on myself , it was pure bliss lol .

No one will know the insane mental preparation that i did just to get diapers , it is indescribable but im sure many others have gone though it and can relate .

I bought a pack of GoodNites in 2012 at age 17. I looked at them for a few minutes before deciding to go ahead with it. When I left the store I couldn't believe I had done it. I went through them quickly over the next few days in an attempt to hide them.

Back