what was your childhood diaper change like

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny92838

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
learned to change my own diaper at 5, but I can still recall some memories of getting my diaper changed. It was nice to lay back on changing table and she would take and open up the diaper fresh air rushing in and she will start to wipe put me in the fresh diaper how do you remember it

Last edited:
Reactions: Jr2012, Blekyss, Deleted member 63406 and 2 others
Up until I was about 9, my parents changed my pull ups for me. It was usually rather pleasant, us making conversation, or laughing together if we heard my twin sister sing and squawk to herself downstairs. There were times that mom would get on my case about still needing pull ups, but luckily that didn’t happen too often. I often had diaper rash in my childhood, and I remember my bottom being patted with a tissue before having cream applied. I remember that being enjoyable. Also, I remember mom deciding one day that, instead of using her finger to apply cream, she’d use a wipe. She explained to me that so it wouldn’t get in her contact lenses. (Slightly off topic, does anyone use a wipe instead of their finger to apply cream/ointment/Vaseline/etc to their diaper area?)

Reactions: Jr2012, Blekyss and Deleted member 63406
I can remember lying in bed as a three-year-old and having my bedtime diaper put on--not exactly a "diaper change," as I was coming from underwear. There are no strong emotions in those memories either. I'm just being patient and waiting for Mom to finish.

PrettyLilPrincess said:
Also, I remember mom deciding one day that, instead of using her finger to apply cream, she’d use a wipe. She explained to me that so it wouldn’t get in her contact lenses. (Slightly off topic, does anyone use a wipe instead of their finger to apply cream/ointment/Vaseline/etc to their diaper area?)
It's never occurred to me to use a wipe or anything else besides my fingers, although your mom's rationale makes some sense. I suppose it's down to practice, but I feel like if I was to use a wipe, I'd probably end up wasting a lot more of whatever cream I was applying. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Last edited:
danny92838 said:
learned to change my own diaper at 5, but I can still recall some memories of getting my diaper changed. It was nice to lay back on changing table and she would take and open up the diaper fresh air rushing in and she will start to wipe put me in the fresh diaper how do you remember it
like you, i also learned how to put my own diaper on at night when i was about 5. after that, i only got changed by my parents if we were in a difficult travel situation or if i was sick. i remember having the flu or strep throat one time when i was in 4th grade. my mom picked me up from school and i laid on the couch all day. i was so out of it. my mom told me to take a bath before bed. i was in the tub when my dad came home from work and checked in on me. i vaguely remember getting out of the tub and laying on the bed and my dad helping me put my diaper on. that was the last time i ever got changed by a parent.

I don’t remember any of my diaper changes. In fact, I only have one memory ever of even being in a diaper. I was maybe 3 or 4 and I guess my mom was still diapering me for bed. I remember waking up at night, feeling this bulky, plastic thing on my lower region, walking to my parents room, waking my mom up and asking what it is. I remember her reach down to touch and acting surprised as saying “I don’t know. Go back to bed. We’ll talk about it in the morning”. So I turned around and went back to bed. I don’t remember if we had the conversation in the morning or not and I don’t recall any other instances where I woke up in a diaper. It’s just a memory burned into my brain. I should ask my mom one day.

Reactions: espectro
My memory doesn't go back that far, I have zero memories of an age that I was still diapered.

I have no memories of wearing diapers before or during potty training. Actually I have no memories from that time period.

It is one of the best memories of my Mom that I have. I am guessing that I am around 3 as that seems to be when my most vivid memories started.

She had me on the changing table and as she was pinning on my diapers she was looking at me and smiling... it is a wonderful memory, and if I close my eyes I can still see it.

Reactions: MaybeBroken, Blekyss and Reward
Remember my nappy changes around 5 to 9 as I wore due to encopresis and marked overflow.
Always laid on back.my rubbers pulled down to ankles ,taken off if stained then nappy unpinned and cleaned with cloth then vaseline all over as I could get nappy rash and I remember it!
New Terry nappy on rubbers pulled up and then tucked in then stood up and my shorts pulled up and adjusted.
Dirty nappy went in a big bucket of Terry nappies or a bag if Changed in the special needs place in school which my mum was given to take home end of the day

Reactions: tam1623
I do remember it to some degree. I remember the cool wash cloth (70s .......wipes were not so mainstream then) and the baby magic cream. It had a very babyish scent ( a scent no longer found in most baby items these days), of course the crinkly soft diaper. I remember it being fastened on(noisy tapes) so snugly. I loved that fresh diaper feeling right before bed. So I do remember changes and find the feelings from that helped me like diapers from the get go.

I have very clear memories of my aunt changing my nappy, mostly before my afternoon nap. From about three to five years of age, she looked after me every day while my parents worked. I remember lying on the spare bed in my cousin's bedroom, and she would come and lean over me, nappy pins already held in her mouth. She'd pull my pants and underpants down and hitch my vest and/or shirt up to my chest. She'd take a white terry-towelling cloth nappy which had been folded into a triangle and position it below me on the bed. After taking my ankles in her hands and lifting my bottom off the bed, she'd slide the nappy under me and then drop me down. I remember the J&J baby powder being sprinkled all over me. The feeling of the cloth material being pulled up between my legs is also vivid. She'd pull each side across to meet in the front and then use the nappy pins held in her mouth to secure the nappy. A pair of frosted white plastic pants would be bunched up to make it easier to pass my feet through the leg holes. Once the plastic pants were pulled up my legs and then over the nappy, my ankles would be lifted again to allow the plastic pants to be pulled right up to cover the nappy. She'd pat my bottom before letting my legs drop down. I loved the whole routine and sleeping in a nappy. I would only get upset if my cousin was there and he was teasing me about having to wear a nappy.

Reactions: Jr2012, Deleted member 66727 and tam1623
Yeah i remember nappy changes well...
But i was 11 or 12 when my mum decided to give me some privacy. Not that it mattered i knew no different.

Many times I recall that I was ask to go and get myself ready in the parents bedroom .
I would be place on the changing mat ( Pink of Course ) then I would get pin in a cloth diapers along with differnt color plastic panties .

Reactions: Freddie07601 and Jr2012
ok

I wore nappies and pull ups until I was 10 years old. I'd generally wear pull ups at home but nappies for travelling or days out. I'd change my own pull ups but my Mum always insisted on changing my nappies which obviously as I got older I hated.

Last edited:
My diaper change was 100% normal to me, but I’ve learned that there is no “normal” in diapering as a kid & bedwetter. I was trained late - I was still potty training at 4, but my parents treated my Pull-ups like underwear. If I was wet, I was guided through a change and my mom or dad would help me and make sure I was cleaning myself fully. At night, I wore a true diaper and my parents would have me lay down on the changing table and they’d diaper me the same way as a baby, normally at the same time as my younger sister. Once I started school and was potty trained, they would still put me in a diaper at night either my having me lay on the changing table or by holding my Pull-up or by watching me do it. They always forced independence on me, which I am grateful for. After I got older, I’d just have to show them I was wearing protection at night and eventually, they trusted me enough to not show them my diaper, though, I know they definitely snuck in to see if I was wearing a diaper at night on a few occasions.

Reactions: SofiaInPampers, Lewis Badger and kjluvs
Rita said:
Many times I recall that I was ask to go and get myself ready in the parents bedroom .
I would be place on the changing mat ( Pink of Course ) then I would get pin in a cloth diapers along with differnt color plastic panties .
I’ve been totally incontinent my entire life and have always been in diapers my parents used cloth diapers and plastic pants because that was what diapers were back then so it was usually my mom that would check my diapers and change them when we were home I was usually in just my diapers and plastic pants and a t shirt unless of course we had company. When we went out anywhere I’d be dressed just like all the other boys my age except that under my pants were cloth diapers and plastic pants so every so often my mom would say that she needs to check my diapers and see if I need to be changed and like in the store she would take my hand and walk me to like an empty isle and then she would unfasten my belt and then pull my zipper down and then stick her hand down inside of my plastic pants and feel if I was wet and then she would tell me to turn around and she would pull the back of my plastic pants out and first take a sniff and it she didn’t smell any thing she would put her hand down inside of my plastic pants and and feel around my butt and then she would say that I should be okay for awhile or that she really needs to change my diapers I was certain that everybody could see and hear her. Then she would take my hand and walk me to the ladies room and and change my diapers just like it was absolutely normal to be changing my diapers right in front of the other women and girls that happened to be in there doing their business or changing their babies or toddlers diapers I would definitely be embarrassed and my mom would say that it’s okay and that I really don’t need to be embarrassed or ashamed that it’s not my fault and that she thinks that it’s really cute to change my diapers and pull up my pants. Several times one of the other ladies would say that they think that I’m really cute too and usually the girls would just giggle, she insisted on checking and changing my diapers till i moved out to go to college. Now I really wish that I had a lady that would check and change my diapers and plastic pants! Don’t you just love a cute toddler butt?😎

Attachments

• 83FEADD4-07FA-4CEC-98CC-119935F82E5B.jpeg
    83FEADD4-07FA-4CEC-98CC-119935F82E5B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • BAC88B6F-006F-4B5E-932E-ACF1EC1100AD.jpeg
    BAC88B6F-006F-4B5E-932E-ACF1EC1100AD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • CF226581-2515-46B2-A799-800505AB0A4E.jpeg
    CF226581-2515-46B2-A799-800505AB0A4E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 9C086371-C769-4B6A-B153-72D234DA8BA3.jpeg
    9C086371-C769-4B6A-B153-72D234DA8BA3.jpeg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 28E350B7-F456-4576-8729-6AD4C1C016F5.jpeg
    28E350B7-F456-4576-8729-6AD4C1C016F5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 6AEA8A22-6D22-4465-A100-118A87BA6D8F.jpeg
    6AEA8A22-6D22-4465-A100-118A87BA6D8F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • E82055D6-509E-4B60-96D6-E564ADB3EB19.jpeg
    E82055D6-509E-4B60-96D6-E564ADB3EB19.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 45334F2F-04DD-49E6-9567-7EE6657DF244.jpeg
    45334F2F-04DD-49E6-9567-7EE6657DF244.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • 8D84C011-C3CA-47D8-8749-C0581CD31FF2.jpeg
    8D84C011-C3CA-47D8-8749-C0581CD31FF2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • C04B239D-C01E-4A4D-90EF-55CE58394690.jpeg
    C04B239D-C01E-4A4D-90EF-55CE58394690.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I recall my sister always put me in yellow plastic pants, she would say; good nappies they are plastic backing ones I can tell when my brother has done a wee or a poo and I can tell if he has it on as it makes a noise.

The diaper changes I remember are when I was refusing to potty train. I was 3-4 years old and by that point I was too big for the changing table, so I would get changed either on my bed or the floor. One of the changes that I have the most clear memory of was actually the day after I had pooped in the potty for the first time. The very next morning I had to poop and didn’t tell my parents I had to go, so I hid and pooped in my pull-up and then told my parents I had gone. I remember them laying me down and changing me and asking what happened; they thought I was a big boy and would be going in the potty after the day before.

Reactions: denis97y and Jr2012
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back