What was the last movie you saw in a theater before the coronavirus pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chamberpot said:
been awhile since I went to a movie theater...lol
Me, too:
The Stupids (96ish) 😂

Avengers.

For me, it was STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER last December.

Reactions: Lyokodl
Ford vs. Ferrari, Thanksgiving Day 2019

Tommy in 1975 then they tore the theater down and built a Macdonalds. In 1982 I saw the Beastmaster at the local drive-in then they tore it down and built a Stop & Shop. In 1984 I saw Deep Inside Annie Sprinkle XXX at the city drive-in then they tore it down and made a flea market.

• Wow
For me, it would have to be The Rise of Skywalker. As someone who has a projection setup and a sizable film archive, though, I don’t miss it.

Last edited:
Frozen 2

Sonic The Hedgehog

Harley Quinn & Birds of Prey

the hunger games mockingjay part 1. So yeah it's been a while. 😁

Uhhh... let’s see...I maybe go to the theaters once a year, if that. I think the new Pets flick. Maybe.

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Zombieland 2, would not recommend lol

Call of the Wild

1995's 'Freeway' (in February 2020). I'm a regular visitor to my local arthouse cinema which plays both new independent/foreign films and older cult movies. Though I have seen plenty of new movies released since, last year's 'The Lighthouse' was the last new release I saw on the big screen.

ade said:
The Stupids (96ish) 😂
Wow, I also saw that in the theater, but even at eight years old I thought/knew it wasn't very good. Oh, to go back to those simpler times when Tom Arnold could headline major Hollywood movies...

Ford vs Ferrari

Sonic the Hedgehog, friends wanted to see if it was another dumb movie or not. It was surprisingly mediocre which I guess for Video game based movies isnt bad.

I still believe. Saw it the few days before covid shut everything down... now ive been to the drive-in movies since then, and the last ‘new’ movie was Call of the wild with Harrison ford

I saw the Fantasy Island Movie!!

You are going back YEARS! - stopping had NOTHING to do with COVID for me - it was another health issue that popped up - RARE (only about 7% of the population globally ever deal with it!) - if it gets too dark, I can start to vomit (it's a balance issue, if can not see clearly - can't tell where straight even is - so dizzy, then sick! - Also effects hearing, fortunately in my case, only in one ear.)
HOWEVER that would be Star Trek Nemesis - and I walk out slightly dizzy and stomach upset (it was starting then - just didn't know what was going on yet at the time) but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back