What was it like to wear diapers in Elementary School?

I was basically exempt from gym - but still was there physically, on occasion I did participate, but not often (most I would not have been able to do) - and when I did, did not have to change (would have been a general hassle, and not just for me).
But it really wouldn't have mattered as far as being in a diaper goes - that was WELL known anyway...

I don't reall know what ages Elementary School covers as I'm from the UK but I'm guessing it's similar to our Infant School so from ages 5 to 7. I wore nappies to school for the first year at my school. I remember my Mum asked me the night before what I wanted to do, wear pants to school or a nappy. Although I'd grown up without there ever being any negativity about my nappy wearing I said I didn't want to wear a nappy to school. I think my parents were happy and hoping that it would prove a milestone. However after first few days and although I never fully wet or soiled myself at school my Mum did discover I left some marks inside my underwear daily. And I'd still have some accidents in the evenings. From then onward I can only ever remember going to that particular school in a nappy apart from one day a week when I did PE. Instead my Mum packed me an extra pair of underwear along with my PE kit and told me to change them if I needed to. No one ever really knew. From age 6 though I changed school and didn't wear to school after that (although I still wore Pull Ups on occasion at home)

Reactions: thedlguy and PaddedMewtwo
LittleScotty said:
I don't reall know what ages Elementary School covers as I'm from the UK but I'm guessing it's similar to our Infant School so from ages 5 to 7. I wore nappies to school for the first year at my school. I remember my Mum asked me the night before what I wanted to do, wear pants to school or a nappy. Although I'd grown up without there ever being any negativity about my nappy wearing I said I didn't want to wear a nappy to school. I think my parents were happy and hoping that it would prove a milestone. However after first few days and although I never fully wet or soiled myself at school my Mum did discover I left some marks inside my underwear daily. And I'd still have some accidents in the evenings. From then onward I can only ever remember going to that particular school in a nappy apart from one day a week when I did PE. Instead my Mum packed me an extra pair of underwear along with my PE kit and told me to change them if I needed to. No one ever really knew. From age 6 though I changed school and didn't wear to school after that (although I still wore Pull Ups on occasion at home)
US elementary is typically from 5-10 or 11 years old depending on the area

Reactions: TigerDL and LittleScotty
nwm said:
I've been IC since birth.
Those years I recall a lot of really mean comments, teasing, and bullying over the fact I was in diapers.
Add to that, with other issues - I could not change it myself (still can't) - and I don't recall Pull-Ups even being around at the time - but I doubt they would have worked well enough - they sure don't now!
To add insult to injury - in the 2nd grade - I had a teacher that it wasn't good enough to try to be a little private - made me ask to go to the nurse and explain exactly why - loud enough that the entire class heard it clear as a bell. (As though she didn't know what the most likely reason was! :cry:)
Also in the really low grades, every time I moved, some wise a** would have some comment ready to go - you could clearly hear the crinkle of the diaper (in those really low grades, I used Pampers at school, and those were the old Plastic-backed fan fold ones - and I used them right up untill the nurse started complaining to mom that she was having trouble getting them on me, at home I had cloth diapers - then Pampers were only used when we were out most of the day, so basically mom honestly didn't know they were getting too small untill the school nurse said something)
School was already a living hell for me but I can't even imagine. I wouldn't even wear glasses because I didn't need another reason for kids to make fun of me.

My brother did have a friend that wet the bed for a very long time not sure he ever got out of diapers for bed. I remember me and my younger brother found a diaper in his pillowcase while he was sleeping over we thought it was funny he said oh my little brother must have put that in there. We believed him at least that is the way I remember it.

I was in pull-ups through kindergarten and most of the way through 1st grade. Basically I went to the nurse at recess and lunch to be checked on along with some other kids who had to take medication or something.That was the excuse we gave if someone asked.

However in 1st grade the school decided to do a field trip. Initially I was not going to be allowed go as there would be no assistance for me but a teachers aide of a disabled boy heard me upset about it and talked with my mother and she ended up helping me that day

We tried keeping the “medication” excuse but a few kids found out and made sure others knew as kids will do.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo and DiaperedBedwetter1998
I was trained pretty much by Pre K... I was 4 and I think I only wore training pants at night by then. This was the mid 70s so there was no pull up training pants yet. I wore these thick cotton underwear with a plastic(pvc) cover kinda like an All in One. Again this was mainly at night only so in school I recall regular underwear and I had no accidents. I do remember a few classmates wetting their pants in class and it was a whole ordeal. It seemed they didnt have any diapers on. I think this was a time period when parents focused on early training and not being in diapers really past 4 years old. There were no super large sized diapers,Goodnights or pullups available then so you had to be trained relatively quick.

diaperfooties said:
School was already a living hell for me but I can't even imagine. I wouldn't even wear glasses because I didn't need another reason for kids to make fun of me.

My brother did have a friend that wet the bed for a very long time not sure he ever got out of diapers for bed. I remember me and my younger brother found a diaper in his pillowcase while he was sleeping over we thought it was funny he said oh my little brother must have put that in there. We believed him at least that is the way I remember it.
Well, - yes it sucked - but I can't say all bad either (although that one teacher! Grrrrr!) - But first few months were the worst, after that, still got it - but not as often, or from as many - actually did end up with a few REAL friends (a few I am still in touch with - and I'm in my 50s now). By like 7th or 8th grade, I didn't get much at all (sometimes, but rare).
Anyway, nothing I could do about it - just the way it was, so...

I wore them in Elementary School. Especially during my 2nd Grade year when I was put into special ED by a teacher who had zero patience in me and my learning style and such. And she decided that as she put me into special ED, my restroom privilege's were from that moment of time were gone. And for those who have looked at my other posts, you'll see that I have been battling it out with a life long issue with urinary incontinence which has been nothing short of annoying and scary at times and such. Even these days with me being a cashier at a retail charity thrift store for job training reasons and such. I have been discovered by prying eyes of customers and such.

But back in Elementary School, especially during the 2nd grade, that teacher when she found out what I was doing to help myself cope with the loss of the restroom privilege's and such, she decided to go and make my life a living hell for it. Which it wasn't all that cool thinking about it. I just wish I could have known it back then. When I came to the realization of it, I was in high school, and I asked a couple of my teachers that I had especially my file holder who helped me graduate from High School. She told me that what my 2nd grade teacher wasn't within normal policy and that sort of a thing could cause her to have her teaching license taken away from her permanently.

As that teacher was in a different school district, my file holder wasn't able to do much outside of let me know what my rights were and I told her that I was wearing diapers to school during those days and she told me that if any teacher was to give me trouble, to just go to her ASAP and talk to her as she was willing to help me out with anything that I had to deal with at School.

Pretty much, making my life unbearable was one thing, but it was the shocking thing which has left a permanent mark on me which hasn't gone away, and I tried to just leave it be and not pick at it or think about it for quite some time. But alas it has haunted me in my dreams and such. Which is really making me sick and probably causing me to stay up and start losing mental control which is having impacts on my social life. Which this isn't good and having this along with my PTSD and Depression along with my Anxiety which is not a cool thing either. Yeah, I'm a mess from this which probably will not be able to be fully healed and such.

What happened on this day, After lunch, I took some quarters that I earned cleaning desks for teachers after school so that I could buy me some pencils as my 2nd grade teacher kept on taking the pencils away from me. And so, I had to resort to working for the money so that I could go and buy the pencils from the vending machine in the school's library and such. And after that, I would go to the Faculty Men's room which was seldom used as there was just one or two male's there which the great majority of the faculty was mostly females. So, I had it easy as I was in there to change my diapers and such. However, this day, it was different. A classmate of mine who was instructed by my teacher without my knowledge was following his instructions to observe me from afar. Much like how one of those nature show hosts who observe wild animals from afar.

Normally when I got into the restroom, I would lock the door, but this day, to my disgrace, I got cocky and so, I just left the door unlocked as it did have a dead bolt lock and the door knob also locked which there were two points for the door to be locked. As it had a window, I would go into the handicapped cubicle and do my changing there so to help myself not be seen. But, this little observer just casually walked in on me and I found myself face to face with him. My new diaper just barely up between my legs and such. Thinking fast, I reached into my coat and pulled a pencil out which was a Where's waldo pencil and I knew that he was a fanatic of that character and such. And I decided to just use that as "Hush Money." to hopefully keep him silent about it.

But did it? Well, I'm typing this right now, so obviously, it didn't. He rattled on me. And I found out after the last recess of the day before we would be in class once more and go home once the bell rang. And right now as I'm typing this, I am starting to shake as this is the part that makes me the most upset. What happened was that this teacher called for a congregation of the entire 2nd grade and the 1st grade as well as the 3rd grade to all be in the classroom. And I was then called front center and there, she had me facing my fellow students. None of the other teachers were there and such. And she instructed them all to keep quiet about what she was about to do. And there she did it. I felt her hands at my waist sides and before I could react, my pants were yanked down and my diaper was exposed and being shown to EVERY SINGLE STUDENT.

My fellow students all gasped myself included as I was overcome with complete and total shock with what just happened. My mind started kicking into overdrive and it was to a magnitude which I have never had it kick into which was overwhelming me completely. This teacher, this person who was entrusted with the safety and security and confidentiality of each and every single student in her care as she was performing her duties of being an Elementary School Teacher. This lady who I thought would have been understanding if something like this should happen. Went and did this horrible thing? How-come? Why? What was it that she was trying to accomplish? And a crap ton of other questions were rushing through my 8-year-old boy's brain. And I decided that I wanted out. She didn't have me in her hands as she let go and was on the floor red faced from laughter. I pulled my pants up and went storming for my coat and grabbed it and just got past all the fellow students.

This was the first and only real time that I could think of when I just up and completely ditched school. And I was just angry, livid and felt betrayed by the classmate who loved where's waldo. And even worse by this teacher who failed to do her damn job with keeping things confidential and by all means and rights, she should have just told the classmate off and perhaps get in contact with his parents should it be severe enough. But nope, she went and did this crap. Back then, as the school was literally planted right there at the edge of a park and leaving the school grounds, you would be immediately in the park.

So, I would walk through the park to get to and from school because I didn't wish to be hassled by dogs that apathetic owners would let hassle us. I see now that this was their way of saying; "Get off my damn lawn!" and such. So, here I am, I got out of sight of the school and once I looked and saw where I was, I just lost emotional control and just started crying and I just had to will myself to get home while I was crying and sobbing uncontrollably and such. As it was a frigid Middle to late February day. There wasn't anyone in the park during this time as it was just too cold to be in there. But there I was, just walking all by myself going home.

Just one of the worst days of my childhood as I was humiliated in front of what could easily be the entire school and understanding that they were all talking about me behind my back didn't even help matters either. And the next couple of weeks ahead wasn't going to be any bed of roses either for me as I had to serve a week worth of detention for ditching school and on top of that, had to go without lunch for those two weeks and serve a complete lunch detention for the two weeks. I did try to go to the principal but she didn't want to hear me. "Children are to be seen, not heard." I was told as she threw me out of her office which really upset me to no end. And because of a "Drama Queen" of a sister, I wasn't even able to try to tell my parents. She kept on having break ups with imaginary boyfriends and rejection form other boys as she wanted to be their girl friend. I guess for her, school was Tender and so, she kept chasing after the boys like a vampire after blood.

So, with that, I wasn't able to get my parents involved which didn't make me any happy. After this bit, I just looked at when the last day of school was and got my calendar and just started ticking away the days of when the school year was to end. I still was wearing diapers and was heavily depending on them for my urinary issues and such. And it was widely known and I just prayed to God that at least during the summer, everyone would just forget and never remember any of it. Which I guess that torrent of constant prayers was heard and answered and obliged as no one remembered when I went back for my 3rd grade year.

However, my 2nd grade teacher made some communications to my 3rd grade teacher and as she needed to give it some time to; "Let the dust settle and get things into the groove." She too had my restroom privilege's taken away from me. But a good four weeks into the school year, she worked to soften the ban on me and soon, she hand selected a couple of my fellow male classmates to accompany me to the restroom when I needed to go. And so she had this done for a couple of weeks finally when the school psychiatrist got back from a family matter that he had to attend to which took a week and a half for him to get things done. He didn't really say what it was as he was tight lipped about it. He decided to observe me for another week and he had a colleague from another school fill the void as he was in the class with me and I had to ask the teacher and she would signal him and he would take me.

After the week; he told me, "You know boy, I don't see anything wrong, you don't wreck things, you don't make a mess, in fact, you're a few years ahead of your fellow classmates with your restroom etiquette and such. I don't think you should have any kind of bans or anything preventing you from being able to use the restroom at all. Also, I know that your 2nd grade teacher imposed the ban on you last year, and she hasn't given me any kind of a straight answer what-so-ever. But because she is in a position that she is with the district. I can't pursuit it much." And the rest of it is very blurry and mushy in my mind. But the report went to my 3rd grade teacher and soon the rest of the faculty that I was to be allowed to use the restroom and that I should be allowed to go there solo and such.

And so, after this, I went back to just using the Maxi-pads that my sisters and mother had on hand for my dribbles and just did that for years up until they couldn't take the increased amount of dribbled urine which I went into GoodNites in Jr. High and was in those Depend Refastenable briefs back in 2002/3ish as I outgrew the GoodNites. Looking back, it makes me realize that should I ever become a father, I will have to keep close tabs on my children. I will have to ensure that my kids will never, ever go through that kind of B.S. That I went through as I don't want them to have to deal with any of it. But that being said, when I wasn't discovered, it was smooth sailing up until that awful storm which was horrible.

And if you made it all the way down here, thanks for reading and hearing me out. So, now, I am just going to go to bed and perhaps see what I could do to get myself some psychological help as this wound as old as it is, it's still a painful wound to carry.

• Sad
Reactions: lukethefur, DiaperedBedwetter1998, TigerDL and 2 others
Fullpants said:
It’s not fun to be in public and mess your diaper as an adult trust me.
Ehorton said:
I had a lot of accidents in school. Never was sent to school in diapers. Looking back there were days I should have been. Nothing is worse then Messing your pants and having to try and scrap out as much as you can out of your underwear and then have to sit in poop the rest of the day. I went as far to put toilet paper in my underwear to not feel gross. I would much rather been diapered. Embarrassed or now.

Same here, get what you can out the wrap TP around the crotch of your briefs to make it it through the day. There were time where they were just too full and messy to try to lower without spilling crap all over. I would take my sneakers, jeans and socks off. Waiting for the bell to ring and messing your pants wasn’t much better, I’d have to walk home in full shorts while my sister and friends teased me. athough there were days I got tomake fun of them messing their pants. If more than one one of us messed ourselves Ed we kept quiet or compare loads . We do get home cleaned up and put in diapers and told to go out and play and not come in until dinner which led to some stinky and or soaked diapers.

Fullpants said:
Same here, get what you can out the wrap TP around the crotch of your briefs to make it it through the day. There were time where they were just too full and messy to try to lower without spilling crap all over. I would take my sneakers, jeans and socks off. Waiting for the bell to ring and messing your pants wasn’t much better, I’d have to walk home in full shorts while my sister and friends teased me. athough there were days I got tomake fun of them messing their pants. If more than one one of us messed ourselves Ed we kept quiet or compare loads . We do get home cleaned up and put in diapers and told to go out and play and not come in until dinner which led to some stinky and or soaked diapers.
I’m sorry you’ve been through that. It’s absolutely awful feeling when you end up messing yourself. Even now being in diapers 24/7 I don’t like that feeling. My parents never even proposed the idea of putting me back in diapers rather punished me for having accidents. Looking back I would rather been made fun of being in diapers then what I went through.

Just getting out of diapers during the day time when I started kindergarten, that wasn't that bad (still wet the bed nightly and wore diapers for it). What was bad was the first few months of third grade. My parents had divorced the year before, I went from going to one school where I had friends that I had known for three years to a new school where I knew nobody and was starting over. Only about two months into it, my mother had found herself a new boyfriend and we moved in with him which meant moving to another school across town. So, another complete restart along with moving in with the man who would be my stepfather.

I started having accidents during the day and ended up put back in diapers for it. When kids at school found out, they were cruel as most kids are. I think the worst part about it was when the principal for the school called my teacher, my mother and I into a meeting about it where he suggested I be moved to a different school for special education since I was having issues. My mother never really kept an eye on my schoolwork and didn't seem ready to argue the point, but fortunately my teacher had seem me as one of the smartest kids in her class and refused to agree with it. She classed it as a medical issue, not a mental one, and thought I could do better being given the chance to do more advanced academics with her as opposed to just being somewhere that made diaper changes easier.

I hated that kids knew about it and teased me, the teacher was fairly good about trying to prevent it. My mother was never big on my being in diapers and less inclined to stop any teasing I received, hoping it would incentivize me to get out of them. Then again, when I did accomplish things, she just used my accomplishments to showcase to her friends what a wonderful parent she was. She thought she could do no wrong.

I haven't had a relationship with her for sixteen years.

Reactions: neophyte
Mauiman said:
I wore them in Elementary School. Especially during my 2nd Grade year when I was put into special ED by a teacher who had zero patience in me and my learning style and such. And she decided that as she put me into special ED, my restroom privilege's were from that moment of time were gone. And for those who have looked at my other posts, you'll see that I have been battling it out with a life long issue with urinary incontinence which has been nothing short of annoying and scary at times and such. Even these days with me being a cashier at a retail charity thrift store for job training reasons and such. I have been discovered by prying eyes of customers and such.

But back in Elementary School, especially during the 2nd grade, that teacher when she found out what I was doing to help myself cope with the loss of the restroom privilege's and such, she decided to go and make my life a living hell for it. Which it wasn't all that cool thinking about it. I just wish I could have known it back then. When I came to the realization of it, I was in high school, and I asked a couple of my teachers that I had especially my file holder who helped me graduate from High School. She told me that what my 2nd grade teacher wasn't within normal policy and that sort of a thing could cause her to have her teaching license taken away from her permanently.

As that teacher was in a different school district, my file holder wasn't able to do much outside of let me know what my rights were and I told her that I was wearing diapers to school during those days and she told me that if any teacher was to give me trouble, to just go to her ASAP and talk to her as she was willing to help me out with anything that I had to deal with at School.

Pretty much, making my life unbearable was one thing, but it was the shocking thing which has left a permanent mark on me which hasn't gone away, and I tried to just leave it be and not pick at it or think about it for quite some time. But alas it has haunted me in my dreams and such. Which is really making me sick and probably causing me to stay up and start losing mental control which is having impacts on my social life. Which this isn't good and having this along with my PTSD and Depression along with my Anxiety which is not a cool thing either. Yeah, I'm a mess from this which probably will not be able to be fully healed and such.

What happened on this day, After lunch, I took some quarters that I earned cleaning desks for teachers after school so that I could buy me some pencils as my 2nd grade teacher kept on taking the pencils away from me. And so, I had to resort to working for the money so that I could go and buy the pencils from the vending machine in the school's library and such. And after that, I would go to the Faculty Men's room which was seldom used as there was just one or two male's there which the great majority of the faculty was mostly females. So, I had it easy as I was in there to change my diapers and such. However, this day, it was different. A classmate of mine who was instructed by my teacher without my knowledge was following his instructions to observe me from afar. Much like how one of those nature show hosts who observe wild animals from afar.

Normally when I got into the restroom, I would lock the door, but this day, to my disgrace, I got cocky and so, I just left the door unlocked as it did have a dead bolt lock and the door knob also locked which there were two points for the door to be locked. As it had a window, I would go into the handicapped cubicle and do my changing there so to help myself not be seen. But, this little observer just casually walked in on me and I found myself face to face with him. My new diaper just barely up between my legs and such. Thinking fast, I reached into my coat and pulled a pencil out which was a Where's waldo pencil and I knew that he was a fanatic of that character and such. And I decided to just use that as "Hush Money." to hopefully keep him silent about it.

But did it? Well, I'm typing this right now, so obviously, it didn't. He rattled on me. And I found out after the last recess of the day before we would be in class once more and go home once the bell rang. And right now as I'm typing this, I am starting to shake as this is the part that makes me the most upset. What happened was that this teacher called for a congregation of the entire 2nd grade and the 1st grade as well as the 3rd grade to all be in the classroom. And I was then called front center and there, she had me facing my fellow students. None of the other teachers were there and such. And she instructed them all to keep quiet about what she was about to do. And there she did it. I felt her hands at my waist sides and before I could react, my pants were yanked down and my diaper was exposed and being shown to EVERY SINGLE STUDENT.

My fellow students all gasped myself included as I was overcome with complete and total shock with what just happened. My mind started kicking into overdrive and it was to a magnitude which I have never had it kick into which was overwhelming me completely. This teacher, this person who was entrusted with the safety and security and confidentiality of each and every single student in her care as she was performing her duties of being an Elementary School Teacher. This lady who I thought would have been understanding if something like this should happen. Went and did this horrible thing? How-come? Why? What was it that she was trying to accomplish? And a crap ton of other questions were rushing through my 8-year-old boy's brain. And I decided that I wanted out. She didn't have me in her hands as she let go and was on the floor red faced from laughter. I pulled my pants up and went storming for my coat and grabbed it and just got past all the fellow students.

This was the first and only real time that I could think of when I just up and completely ditched school. And I was just angry, livid and felt betrayed by the classmate who loved where's waldo. And even worse by this teacher who failed to do her damn job with keeping things confidential and by all means and rights, she should have just told the classmate off and perhaps get in contact with his parents should it be severe enough. But nope, she went and did this crap. Back then, as the school was literally planted right there at the edge of a park and leaving the school grounds, you would be immediately in the park.

So, I would walk through the park to get to and from school because I didn't wish to be hassled by dogs that apathetic owners would let hassle us. I see now that this was their way of saying; "Get off my damn lawn!" and such. So, here I am, I got out of sight of the school and once I looked and saw where I was, I just lost emotional control and just started crying and I just had to will myself to get home while I was crying and sobbing uncontrollably and such. As it was a frigid Middle to late February day. There wasn't anyone in the park during this time as it was just too cold to be in there. But there I was, just walking all by myself going home.

Just one of the worst days of my childhood as I was humiliated in front of what could easily be the entire school and understanding that they were all talking about me behind my back didn't even help matters either. And the next couple of weeks ahead wasn't going to be any bed of roses either for me as I had to serve a week worth of detention for ditching school and on top of that, had to go without lunch for those two weeks and serve a complete lunch detention for the two weeks. I did try to go to the principal but she didn't want to hear me. "Children are to be seen, not heard." I was told as she threw me out of her office which really upset me to no end. And because of a "Drama Queen" of a sister, I wasn't even able to try to tell my parents. She kept on having break ups with imaginary boyfriends and rejection form other boys as she wanted to be their girl friend. I guess for her, school was Tender and so, she kept chasing after the boys like a vampire after blood.

So, with that, I wasn't able to get my parents involved which didn't make me any happy. After this bit, I just looked at when the last day of school was and got my calendar and just started ticking away the days of when the school year was to end. I still was wearing diapers and was heavily depending on them for my urinary issues and such. And it was widely known and I just prayed to God that at least during the summer, everyone would just forget and never remember any of it. Which I guess that torrent of constant prayers was heard and answered and obliged as no one remembered when I went back for my 3rd grade year.

However, my 2nd grade teacher made some communications to my 3rd grade teacher and as she needed to give it some time to; "Let the dust settle and get things into the groove." She too had my restroom privilege's taken away from me. But a good four weeks into the school year, she worked to soften the ban on me and soon, she hand selected a couple of my fellow male classmates to accompany me to the restroom when I needed to go. And so she had this done for a couple of weeks finally when the school psychiatrist got back from a family matter that he had to attend to which took a week and a half for him to get things done. He didn't really say what it was as he was tight lipped about it. He decided to observe me for another week and he had a colleague from another school fill the void as he was in the class with me and I had to ask the teacher and she would signal him and he would take me.

After the week; he told me, "You know boy, I don't see anything wrong, you don't wreck things, you don't make a mess, in fact, you're a few years ahead of your fellow classmates with your restroom etiquette and such. I don't think you should have any kind of bans or anything preventing you from being able to use the restroom at all. Also, I know that your 2nd grade teacher imposed the ban on you last year, and she hasn't given me any kind of a straight answer what-so-ever. But because she is in a position that she is with the district. I can't pursuit it much." And the rest of it is very blurry and mushy in my mind. But the report went to my 3rd grade teacher and soon the rest of the faculty that I was to be allowed to use the restroom and that I should be allowed to go there solo and such.

And so, after this, I went back to just using the Maxi-pads that my sisters and mother had on hand for my dribbles and just did that for years up until they couldn't take the increased amount of dribbled urine which I went into GoodNites in Jr. High and was in those Depend Refastenable briefs back in 2002/3ish as I outgrew the GoodNites. Looking back, it makes me realize that should I ever become a father, I will have to keep close tabs on my children. I will have to ensure that my kids will never, ever go through that kind of B.S. That I went through as I don't want them to have to deal with any of it. But that being said, when I wasn't discovered, it was smooth sailing up until that awful storm which was horrible.

And if you made it all the way down here, thanks for reading and hearing me out. So, now, I am just going to go to bed and perhaps see what I could do to get myself some psychological help as this wound as old as it is, it's still a painful wound to carry.
oh wow. i thought i had it tough being diapered in school

Fangs said:
oh wow. i thought i had it tough being diapered in school
There have definitely been teachers and administrators over the years who have made life rough for kids. They never should have gotten into that field in the first place.

AnalogRTO said:
There have definitely been teachers and administrators over the years who have made life rough for kids. They never should have gotten into that field in the first place.
Yeah there are many teachers who should not be teaching. These are the teachers who can’t run fast enough to their car after school, cause god forbid a student need to ask for some help. I had a american history teacher who as soon as that bell rang would grab his briefcase and jacket and be out the door before the students made it out the door. Math teacher who just taught from the book and never explained anything. On the other hand i had a math teacher in HS who was at the school until 10 or 11 pm and there before students arrived.

Reactions: Monkeypuzzler
I went to a primarily special Ed public school. The school system thought I was MR (mentally retarded, I know that term is considered offensIve now) or something, which my parents tried to fight. I wasn’t diapered, nor did I know anyone wearing them, but the nurse had a extra set of clothing in little lockers for everyone. One of my classmates had Down syndrome, and I know he pooped his pants semi regularly, in the classroom. Poor kid, I wonder how he fared as he grew up. Personally, I don’t remember ever having had any accidents at school. I think by first or second grade they realized that I was severe ADD and had Asperger’s syndrome, and I was not actually MR (they found I was genius level), so I got put into a more “normal” class. Remedial reading/writing and advanced science and math. E.g. one year back in writing and 1 grade forward in science and math. But up til 4’th grade, they had a clean set of clothing for every student.

After reading some your posts here I'm glad mom and dad did not make me wear diapers to elementary school and I'm glad mom and dad did not make me wear diapers in pre-school, nursery school or they call it pre-K with my day time wetting accidents. I did not have wetting accidents all the time and some of them was just pure laziness. It would have been nice to have dry undies and jeans or shorts. I'm sure the teacher didn't want to see a boy with wet undies and jeans or shorts

In my case I wish I wore a diaper from time to time in elementary school (I didn't know of pull-ups back then yet) because the number of times I was in class with a wet spot or messy pants was on average once or twice a week, small accidents mind you but enough to smell. I was too pre-occupied with stuff and then thought I could hold it but didn't. I wore diapers until the age of 4 though.
The accidents stopped around the age of 9 or 10.
About the pestering , I was already a target disc for my bad eyes but school didn't do a damn thing about it. Having had eye surgery and not being able to wear contacts during class and being forced to use a magnifying glass as a makeshift pair of glasses was a painful mark to attract bullies.
Nobody found out about my wet or messy accidents in school though, my parents of course did when I got home but they never said anything about it. They just changed clothes and went on.
Teachers in Kindergarten were a pest too, they laughed at me for going to school with an animal shaped backpack (panda) and still in diapers. They never changed me, they were so full of themselves for that. Other kids who also still wore a diaper then were left in their own dirt, one kid was crying because her diaper fell off, quite soaked but all the supervisor did was just tape the wet one back on and call her parents. My mom had to come at noon to pick me up and change me at our home , have lunch and take me back to school.
Because of all this crap she insisted I went to school undiapered after that year and also in elementary school despite the accidents. Event at night I had a few real bad accidents and had to sleep in cold wet pyjamas / sheets, several times soiled too because they were cranky if I woke them to ask for help :(

• Sad
Reactions: Mauiman
winterheart01 said:
In my case I wish I wore a diaper from time to time in elementary school (I didn't know of pull-ups back then yet) because the number of times I was in class with a wet spot or messy pants was on average once or twice a week, small accidents mind you but enough to smell. I was too pre-occupied with stuff and then thought I could hold it but didn't. I wore diapers until the age of 4 though.
The accidents stopped around the age of 9 or 10.
About the pestering , I was already a target disc for my bad eyes but school didn't do a damn thing about it. Having had eye surgery and not being able to wear contacts during class and being forced to use a magnifying glass as a makeshift pair of glasses was a painful mark to attract bullies.
Nobody found out about my wet or messy accidents in school though, my parents of course did when I got home but they never said anything about it. They just changed clothes and went on.
Teachers in Kindergarten were a pest too, they laughed at me for going to school with an animal shaped backpack (panda) and still in diapers. They never changed me, they were so full of themselves for that. Other kids who also still wore a diaper then were left in their own dirt, one kid was crying because her diaper fell off, quite soaked but all the supervisor did was just tape the wet one back on and call her parents. My mom had to come at noon to pick me up and change me at our home , have lunch and take me back to school.
Because of all this crap she insisted I went to school undiapered after that year and also in elementary school despite the accidents. Event at night I had a few real bad accidents and had to sleep in cold wet pyjamas / sheets, several times soiled too because they were cranky if I woke them to ask for help :(
Jeeze, Neglectful bone heads for doing that kind of thing. Now-a-day's stuff like this would not fly. Even the crap that I dealt with in 2nd grade wouldn't even fly either.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
It’s not as glamorous as you might think. I still sometimes wore pull ups in kindergarten, occasionally would be put in a diaper. Kids that knew definitely teased me. Luckily I changed schools in the middle of first grade when my family moved. Now once I hit middle school and liked wearing diapers, I’d wear goodnites a few times on non gym days and would go unnoticed, but I atleast controlled that

pgfdp said:
US elementary is typically from 5-10 or 11 years old depending on the area
All the elementary schools (sometimes called grammar schools back then) around me were just 1st through 3rd grades, they now also include Kindergarten and sometime a daycare or Pre-K program of some sort. Middle school was 4th through 6th. Junior high school was 7th though 9th and senior high was 10th through 12th. So no building had more than 3 grades, so there was no more than a 2 year difference between students. I live in the US by the way. It really varies widely by location though, as some schools have one building K-12, some have K-8 in one and 9-12 in another.

I do recall one child who used protection in first grade and would use the excuse of seeing the nurse to take his medication.

Back