What was it like to wear diapers in Elementary School?

Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I wanted to ask the late potty trainers and incontinent members of ASICS to share their diaper related experiences in school. What did your friends and classmates think of your diapers, How did everyone feel once you finished training, Were you accommodated in any way, How did your parents feel about sending you to school in diapers, How did you feel about wearing a diaper, and did you have any classmates who also needed diapers?

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
I never wore to elementary school but it is possible I wore plastic underpants over my training underwear at nursery school age 3 or 4 though I cannot recall distinctly. If I did I accepted it as normal and if some of the other kids knew they never said anything. At age 3 and being away from your mom for the first time, this seemed to be traumatic to several other kids I knew (crying, etc.) and they probably wet themselves. For me it was a big new adventure that I liked.

By the time I was in kindergarten I wore regular underwear. I wore plastic underpants off / on the next several years but only at night for some occasional periods due to bedwetting accidents I had. I recall in first grade a kid bending over at the playground and I saw his plastic underpants sticking out. I first wanted to tell my friends and knew we would make fun of him but them I recalled my times wearing PUs at night and if the kid became upset and told his mom, his mom may tell my mom and she might make me wear PUs during the day to see how I liked being made fun of so I never did tell anyone else - glad I didn't. At age 8 I had to wear a diaper and PUs again after a major wetting episode at my best friend's house first time sleepover so it put it all back into perspective again.

Reactions: Pete, Dllover15, hoimi and 1 other person
I never wore to school, but as a former bed wetter I always felt shame when I wore and wet myself during the night.

Reactions: Dllover15, hoimi, DiaperGuy08 and 1 other person
I had to wear them 24/7 from birth because I was born incontinent where I could feel when I needed to go but my muscles are weak in those parts, school was hard because of bullying about me being diapered.

• Sad
Reactions: Pete, Dllover15, hoimi and 5 others
In 5th grade I had a few accidents at school and each time it happened I would wait in the nurses office for my mom to bring me a change of pants and she would always put me in one of my diapers I wore for bed wetting. I wasn't made fun of because I was in special ed at the time for my behavior and two other kids wore diapers

Reactions: Dllover15, hoimi, DiaperGuy08 and 1 other person
I do wish I had the chance to wear more, the whole incontinence fantasy is about having an excuse to wear diapers without being punished by authority figures. but I guess a lot of us get punished no matter what you do and I'm the lucky one for having a choice. You don't need to post anything if it brings up really bad memories unless it feels therapeutic. So I'm sorry if anyone felt pressured into sharing.

I don't have many stories of my own but I might as well share what I can remember. I went to a preschool where everyone in my age group was potty trained, I sorta had a weird complex where I was proud of being potty trained because that meant I wasn't a baby... yet I was also completely open about my desire to wear diapers again. Anyways, I had a neighbor who was the same age as me and my mom told me he still needed diapers because his mom didn't train him. I never spoke to him about it and we never became close friends or anything but we played together a little bit... I distinctly remember watching blues clues with him and not really liking it. I'm not sure why I avoided the topic, but I think it was to be polite.

There were plenty of people who wore diapers in elementary school but I only saw them during gym, afterschool, and art class because they spent the majority of the day in special ed. they all needed wheelchairs except for one guy who was nonverbal and had pretty severe down syndrome. I'd often saw his diaper when he bent over in middle school gym class but he eventually finished his potty training in highschool. I only remember the name of Max, a kid who needed a wheelchair, there was one day where is aid let us push him around the gym and another where he got a diaper change in the back of the class while everyone watched shark tale. we weren't allowed to watch but I did take a peek because I was curious.

There was also one time when I having a sleepover with one of my friends in first or second grade and I found out that his grandfather needed diapers when I noticed a box in his grandfather's bedroom.

Reactions: Dllover15
I don't really have many horror stories about having to wear, as my school group growing up was pretty much the same kids for the first 5 years (Pre-school to almost the end of third). I wasn't in special education or anything, but except for a few, we all started in the same private preschool and kindergarten, and moved on to the same class in public education. Yes, there were leaks, a little razzing and the such, but nothing I would even consider to be in the level of bullying.

Kind of changed later in schooling, but that's when kids tend to turn into little bastards to each other...

Reactions: Northwoodsnerd
Not myself, but a friend. In kindergarten, I had a "girlfriend" who was one year younger than me (in pre-k; pre-k through 8th grades were in the same school because it was a private school). One day, it was pajama day and she showed me her diaper underneath her pajamas. By that time, I had already been fascinated/liked diapers (ever since/before I was taken out of them after potty training). I was really intrigued by someone around my age wearing a diaper, and her parents letting her do so (and to school too!). She seemed to like them too! It only very later hit me (like many many years later) that she was probably a bedwetter, and thus diapers were part of her "pajamas." I kind of wish I was still in contact with her now so I could ask/clarify about this (although in reality, I probably wouldn't have the courage to bring it up). There could have been the chance she is also a DL!

Reactions: espectro, Lyokodl and hoimi
Azie said:
Kind of changed later in schooling, but that's when kids tend to turn into little bastards to each other...

I had the opposite school life, the meanest people I knew were in daycare, and I still got in a few fights during elementary school. but by the time high school came I didn't have any bullies.

My brother was not toilet trained until right before first grade (not his fault, we had a house fire during his toilet training and it set him back.)

one day a kindergarten classmate pants’d him and the entire class laughed at his pullups. That’s probably the incident that motivated him to train tbh. He didn’t want to be laughed at again. Months later she brought it up again “haha remember everyone? (brother) is a baby and wears diapers!” And he pantsed himself in front of all the students and parents to prove he in fact, did now wear underwear.”😅😂

• Haha
Reactions: WillFord384, hoimi and checkingoutall
SicartheaSpikefan said:
I do wish I had the chance to wear more, the whole incontinence fantasy is about having an excuse to wear diapers without being punished by authority figures. but I guess a lot of us get punished no matter what you do and I'm the lucky one for having a choice. You don't need to post anything if it brings up really bad memories unless it feels therapeutic. So I'm sorry if anyone felt pressured into sharing.

I don't have many stories of my own but I might as well share what I can remember. I went to a preschool where everyone in my age group was potty trained, I sorta had a weird complex where I was proud of being potty trained because that meant I wasn't a baby... yet I was also completely open about my desire to wear diapers again. Anyways, I had a neighbor who was the same age as me and my mom told me he still needed diapers because his mom didn't train him. I never spoke to him about it and we never became close friends or anything but we played together a little bit... I distinctly remember watching blues clues with him and not really liking it. I'm not sure why I avoided the topic, but I think it was to be polite.

There were plenty of people who wore diapers in elementary school but I only saw them during gym, afterschool, and art class because they spent the majority of the day in special ed. they all needed wheelchairs except for one guy who was nonverbal and had pretty severe down syndrome. I'd often saw his diaper when he bent over in middle school gym class but he eventually finished his potty training in highschool. I only remember the name of Max, a kid who needed a wheelchair, there was one day where is aid let us push him around the gym and another where he got a diaper change in the back of the class while everyone watched shark tale. we weren't allowed to watch but I did take a peek because I was curious.

There was also one time when I having a sleepover with one of my friends in first or second grade and I found out that his grandfather needed diapers when I noticed a box in his grandfather's bedroom.
Did you just say he got a diaper change in a school classroom with kids in it? 😯

Antientmariner said:
Did you just say he got a diaper change in a school classroom with kids in it? 😯

The lights were off and he was kinda in the back of the room, but yes there were a lot of people in the room.

There was a brief time I had Daytime accidents in Elementary School, it didn't get to the point of Diapers though because it was something fixed with a surgery

Even before that I didn't have any friends and was picked on, so that whole thing only served to make it worse because classmates would know I had go change clothes and would even pick on me by acting like I crapped myself if I so much as Farted, and if I wore Diapers I would have been picked on for that too

Elementary school aged kids are cruel

• Haha
Reactions: Saltedcaramel64, hoimi and Deleted member 36389
It was difficult wearing diapers in school back in 1975, they really didn't really have much of a choice. My mom stopped using cloth diapers on me so I had to where a disposable that was trifold like Pampers were made, and did not stop leaks so much and was very noticeable. I hated it due to teasing back then. It did get better in the 80's since I was put in a different class room with some other kids with disabilities even if mine was just incontinence and the diapers became more absorbent.

Reactions: Pete and hoimi
I was diapered for night but never for school. There was a girl in my class that I remember had lots of accidents (in class). She came to school a couple times in pampers. I always felt really bad for her and sympathized because I got diapered every night.

Despite my wetting/pooping issues in Elementary School, I was never allowed to wear diapers/plastic pants, period.
I just had to "sit in it" until I got home.

• Sad
Reactions: ronnieM, 0xjokerx0, WABX and 3 others
I wish I knew. I was never put in them when I was in school even though I really needed to.

Back