What To Do, What To Do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
My wife and daughter are going to visit her folks for a week in southern VA starting this Sunday. That leaves me opportunities to do some regression I normally can't do. My son will still be here and is between jobs right now, but he likes to sleep in until late morning. I only get this chance once a year, so want to make the most of it.

Here's what I've been thinking: I want to try another baby-ish diaper, so while looking in Rite-Aid this afternoon I see they carry XL Underjams, Huggies 4T/5T PullUps, and Rite-Aid brand "Kids Pants" and "Overnites". The PullUps and Underjams have been discussed at length on the forums and I'm leaning more towards one of those brands. Anyone have experience with Rite Aid brands either pro or con? Absorbancy is not a biggie at all since I'll be wearing mainly just to wear and not use. I do plan on trying to sleep in whatever I buy, so just need to make sure the diaper won't self destruct fitting my 32" waist without tape to hold everything together. GoodNites fit me without splitting, so these others should fit about the same I'd think.

I'm also contemplating trying a bottle with some homemade "formula". Still undecided whether to get a plain bottle or one of the liner (nurser) types such as Playtex makes. Might even be time for a new #3 paci.:smile: That would be it for purchases so as to not have too much evidence stashed away, waiting to be accidently discovered by another family member.:eek:

I'd like to set up our old crib and/or highchair and do some sleeping/eating in them, but I'd have to do it in the wee hours of the morning while my son was asleep upstairs. The thought of napping in the crib with my new blankie and celebi plushie is appealing. :smile: However, that might be pushing the risk factor of getting caught a bit too high.:frown:

Any comments or suggestions on what I plan on doing, or what you would do in my situation are certainly welcome, and even encouraged.:smile:

~Pramrider

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
All I can say is, don't get caught...I can't imagine what I would think if I saw my dad doing these things, even if I was into it too

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
All I can say is, don't get caught...I can't imagine what I would think if I saw my dad doing these things, even if I was into it too

Yes indeed, Pojo, descretion is a must. I wish my son was working right now for more reasons than this. The diaper wearing in particular may have to be done behind closed bedroom or bathroom doors in complete privacy.

I am surprised you would have/want a pokemon plushie.

Yep, I've had a large (~14") Celebi plushie, purchased on ebay, since just after the Pokemon movie was in the theatres. We all went to see the movie twice and I thought Celebi was really cute.:eek: I have him sitting on a doll chair in our bedroom next to my wife's Raggedy Ann and Betsy Wetsy dolls. The Betsy doll is hers from when she was a little girl. Raggedy Ann was made by an elderly friend of ours who has since died some years ago.

~Pramrider

cylenrii

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
if you really really dont want to risk getting caught you could rent a hotel room even not for the night just somewhere to regress in private i know it may not be cheap but just say you went shopping and your car broke down or another excuse for why you were gone

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
That could work if I had the extra cash hidden away. My wife handles the household budget and is getting most of the food we'll need before she leaves. She'll leave some extra for misc. expenses, and I have my usual money needed for work related expenses for the week. It's enough extra there to get a pack of diapers, bottle, and paci without raising suspicion, but not enough extra to go rent a motel or hotel room, even for a day. Plus, I need to stay close to home until my son gets up because he has put applications in at a couple places and one of them could call. Don't want him to miss an employment opportunity because I wasn't at home to catch the phone for him.

I've had a successful regression week before with both kids at home while my wife had to be away taking care of her dad. Some days both kids were working at the same time, but other days one or the other would be off. After 30-some years I've gotten pretty good at being discreet with my AB side, though I don't want to become overconfident and blow it now. If anything I plan doesn't *feel* safe to do I just won't do it.

~Pramrider

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
Yeah my only suggestion is to keep to your room and just tell your son you are feeling sick or something.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
All I can say is... make sure you know exactly what time your son will be coming home at and leaving for work at. Don't get too carried away. And have fun regressing. :)

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have used the rite aid pull ups the size XL is a little more roomie than the good nights and they shoukd fit a 32 waist, they were a bit big in me, and the legs holes were a little wider also.

I don't remember how absorbant they were but I never bought them again, I'm not crazy about the clothlike stuff.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
He usually spends a lot of time in his room anyway and says "goodnight" with a hug before going in for the night. After I know he's settled in, that's when I can get *settled in* too, in the privacy of my bedroom which is on the opposite end of our house. We have separate bathrooms too, to add to the privacy. With the temps being cooler lately I wear PJs and sleep under the covers. Even if he came in for some reason he'd never suspect what I had on under my pajamas. Celebi will probably have to stay over on the doll chair instead of in the bed with me. Either that or hide him under the covers along with my blankie. I'll have to use the bottle or paci early in the morning and down in the basement, long before he usually gets up. Easier to quickly hide that way in case he should rise early unexpectedly. All my stash can be safely hidden in my strollers when not in use which are always covered up to keep dust off them. No one has found my Fisher Price Zebra hidden behind the covered strollers either.

Yep, gotta have a good plan and feel 110% sure I won't be caught or I won't dare attempt it. Thanks for all the comments.:smile:

~Pramrider

cylenrii

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i wish you the best of luck andi hope you have lots of fun regressing =D

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
i wish you the best of luck andi hope you have lots of fun regressing =D

Thanks cylenri! :smile: Looks like I'll be able to participate in Peachy's "Sleep In Diapers Friday" a little early if all goes well.

What would your son do if he found out >.>

Good question, FullMetal! Honestly, I don't know what he would think or do. That's why it's a MUST I play it completely safe. He has lots of plushies and even sleeps with a Siberian Husky dog plushie at 19 years old. He *might* understand me having my Celebi next to me in bed, but using bottles, pacis, and diapers - NO WAY!!!

~Pramrider

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Honestly,. He has lots of plushies and even sleeps with a Siberian Husky dog plushie at 19 years old.

Pfff. that beacuse husky's are
A. Cute/cool
B. Loyal
C. Can really mess someone or something up if need be.
D. (see A)
E. (See D)

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I don't have a lot of advice for you besides the obvious - be cautious! Besides that, I really hope you have a good time. I always love having the house to myself on the rare occasion that this circumstance arises. It is very nice to be able to engage in regression more fully and not have to worry as much about being caught. Have a great week!

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
hmmm...sounds like someone has an interesting few days planned.

With regard to the crib...if he sees it set up, just say you were thinking about MAYBE selling it...so you were just checking to make sure it was 'all there' and in good condition. :)

Have fun!

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Hmm, just be careful. You are really lucky to have a chance to do this. Be very careful with your son around. That would be a really nasty thing to happen. We often see the aftermath of parents finding out on this sight. I imagine it being the other way round could very easily be worse.

I envy you so much that you can do this. But be careful!

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's enough extra there to get a pack of diapers, bottle, and paci without raising suspicion

Does your wife know? (If you don't mind me asking)

As far as pullup-type diapers, you're going to be a bit too big for actual Pull-Ups or Easy-Ups, or any of the store brands. At 32", they might "fit", but the minute you move they're going to tear. Alternatively, you can try out some of the store brand Goodnites, Goodnites themselves, Underjams, etc. (if you haven't already). Before the recent revision, I found that Goodnites would eventually rip on the sides even with a 30" waist, and I preferred the "Basics for Kids" from Stop n Shop because they wouldn't tear while having them on for a long time (like work, etc.). They actually are a lot like the old style Goodnites, albeit considerably thinner.

With the new style Goodnites, I definitely think they're the best, as the sides don't seem to rip any more, it's the largest kid-style pullup, and is the most absorbent. Definitely try them if you haven't already.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Have a great week!

With regard to the crib...if he sees it set up, just say you were thinking about MAYBE selling it...so you were just checking to make sure it was 'all there' and in good condition. :)

Have fun!

I envy you so much that you can do this. But be careful!

Thanks a whole bunch!:smile: Ayanna, that's a good idea. Ditto with the highchair.;)

Does your wife know? (If you don't mind me asking)

As far as pullup-type diapers, you're going to be a bit too big for actual Pull-Ups or Easy-Ups, or any of the store brands. At 32", they might "fit", but the minute you move they're going to tear. Alternatively, you can try out some of the store brand Goodnites, Goodnites themselves, Underjams, etc. (if you haven't already). Before the recent revision, I found that Goodnites would eventually rip on the sides even with a 30" waist, and I preferred the "Basics for Kids" from Stop n Shop because they wouldn't tear while having them on for a long time (like work, etc.). They actually are a lot like the old style Goodnites, albeit considerably thinner.

With the new style Goodnites, I definitely think they're the best, as the sides don't seem to rip any more, it's the largest kid-style pullup, and is the most absorbent. Definitely try them if you haven't already.

No, she has never known about my *other* side. I've done a very good job of keeping it secret for over 30 years of marriage. Not that I enjoy the part of being secretive with her, but even I didn't know what in the world I was to come clean to her before marriage.

Thanks for the advice on pull up diaper brands. I'm probably going to try the Underjams this time since I did Goodnites last year. Last thing I wanted to get stuck with is a brand that splits open on me. Don't want to waste $10 to $12 like I did before with Pampers Cruisers #7.

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.