• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

What time should I be going to bed?

What time should I go to bed?

• 7:00 PM

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 8:00 PM

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 9:00 PM

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 10:00 PM

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • 11:00 PM

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobSauce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
First, some background. My school starts around 7:14 AM. The bus arrives at my house around 6:24 and arrives at the school at 6:45. Walking to the bus pick-up area takes about 5-8 minutes. So, I usually leave at 6:13-6:15. It usually takes me about 30 minutes to get ready in the morning... for a wakeup time of about 5:30-5:45. I usually spend time on my computer beforehand, which is why I like to get up earlier.

Out of habit I've been going to bed around 9:00-10:00 during school nights. Just wondering if I should be going to bed sooner.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sounds good to me...I'd end up going to bed later, because I'm a night person like that...And I'd just sleep at school...

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
All depends on how much sleep you need. I'd be very comfortable going to bed at 8, and waking up at 5 every day. But I generally go to bed around 10 or 11 for most of the week and sometimes as late as 2am, then one or two of the days I'll crash at 5 or 6pm, and sleep 'till 5 or 6 in the morning. Guess I catch up on all the sleep I need there.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep. so if you go to bed at 10, you'll be getting 7 and a half hours of sleep. That is a very good number of hours that a lot of people don't get. Your good.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I do something like that. My bus picks me up at 5:45am and I get to school at 6:30 and unforchanetly can't get off the bus intil 7 and school starts at 7:30. I'm usually up around 4:00am and i'm going to bed around 9:40-9:45.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Apparently you are recommended to have 8 hours sleep a night. So 9 o'clock should be about right.

However in my big book of random facts(!) I'm told that a study has shown that people who regularly have 8 hours sleep tend to be less happy.
Now this is just conjecture, but I think that anybody who regularly gets the recommended anything is just plain square.
Plus what 15 year old is going to bed before 9?

So just ask yourself: Are you tired?
If you feel like you're a constant zombie then sleep more, otherwise you're fine.

And to get more sleep you don't have to go to bed any earlier, you could just have a siesta, which lets face it, even sounds more fun.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Go to bed at 11 pm and wake up around 6-7 am. I don't think we need as much sleep as we used to need at least when we are older. I am sure that has to do with us getting used to a faster daily life and staying up late for work or even TV.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Go to bed when you start feeling tired. I find this works for me. If you don't feel tired I doubt you would get to sleep. Even if the average for someone your age is meant to be 8 hours I would say that unless you find you feel tired with less then that, you don't really need to. Based on that 8 hours, I would say that 9 PM was about right, but do you really FEEL tired? The body tells you how it feels for a reason, it wants you to react on this. You eat when you are hungry, you drink when you are thirsty, you sleep when you are tired. At least that is what is meant to happen. Life can get in the way of this but as long as in general you follow the idea that a body not effected by drugs or medical conditions can tell you pretty accurately what it needs and when then you should be okay. I probably only get 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night on average, and some nights I get practically none. Yet I never feel too tired unless I have exerted myself. Just go with what feels right and you can't go too far wrong. Based on your age and averages, however, 9PM sounds about right.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was thinking 9:30 which is the difference of the two. I function on very little sleep, but I don't like it. Unfortunately I'm also a night owl, so I'm stuck with it. My wife does home dialysis, and I work two jobs, so I can't go to bed until 11 anyway, but it's usually 12. Then the damn machine goes off at 5:30 and I take her off, get myself ready for school, and it's out the door for both of us at 7:35.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I go to bed anywhere from 9-12 on school nights. It just depends on whether I'm tired, and whether I've found an especially good chain of Youtube videos or not :D

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
9 or 10-ish sounds good to me. Those times are similar to my school and by going to bed around then I don't feel so wiped out during the week.

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I usually woke up around 5am on school days. Usually would go to bed around 10pm.

When I would get home from school I would take a 30 minute nap and I'd be good to go until bed time.

Right now with my crazy work schedule, I sleep 5 hours a night. then when I get a day off, I'm out for 12 hours straight.

ptdeath

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the times you're going to bed at the moment (9-10) seem fairly sensible- but what should be the real judge of whether you need to go to bed earlier is whether or not you're constantly feeling tired during the school day. If that is the case, there's no harm in going to bed a bit earlier!

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I need to be out the door no later than 6:00 so I can make the 6:11 train. that being said I generally get up at 5:30~5:40. the alarm starts going off at 5:20. I generally go to bed around 10~11 in the evening.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
My school starts at 8:20. I get up at 6 AM, change out my wet diaper and shower. I'm dressed by 6:45 AM. Quick breakfast and I'm out the house around 7:15 to catch the bus. I get to school around 7:45. I usually am in bed between 10:30 to 11 PM, sometimes earlier if I like fall asleep watching TV.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
, Other, Private
I put down 10:00, since it looks like that's the way to get close to 8 hours without having to change too much in the morning.

Who would put down 7PM as a suggestion though? Isn't there this thing called HOMEWORK? Some people also eat dinner about that time...it'd be an interesting interruption, right? The person who posted the poll is 15, not 5!

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I'd go with enough sleep so when you wake up and after about an hour you feel awake and alert rather than going on the bus and try to catch up sleep on there because you feel like a zombie and can't think straight. for me, I found that 8-9 hours good. So I typically goto bed at 10PM when I get up at 7am. I find it fairly difficult to get up if I stay up any later!
And my god, you get up early, I guess I'm lucky. But if I got up at 5am I won't seen any day light until at least 7:30am.

But sleep is important, having an extra hour or two in your day is great, but only if you get the most out of it. If your too tired you won't be able to think in school and just waste time correcting your mistakes and thinking longer on how to do your day to day tasks. So it's really counter-productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.