• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

What stuff do you use to advoid diaper rashes and chaffing

What type of cream do use to advoid rashes?

• Baby Powerder / Oil

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Desitin

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Baby Oil

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hen

Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Okay, my problem is that I have tried baby power, baby oil, Walgreen's generic body locution and even Desitin. What product would be the best to avoid a rash and itching. I wear depends fitted Briefs and Walgreen's cloth back about a few times a week but I'll wear for days straight and then go back into regular boxers.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Desitin or A+D ointment do the trick for me. I powder all the time, but overnight or extended wearing I'll hit the cream too. Never had a problem.

E

Elli

What products will help all depends on what's going on...I'm no pro, but here is my opinion:

If chaffing is happening, then something needs to either prevent the cause of the chaffing or limit the effects. So, talc will help absorb moisture (inc. sweat) which is a cause of chaffing, whilst baby oil or oily cream such as 'Bepanthen' (which I use) will lubricate the chaffing action, stopping it from causing friction damage and pain.

If it's skin irritation from sweat, pee etc that's causing a rash, again it's a case of preventing the cause and/or treating the symptoms. Barrier cream, such as 'Zinc and Castor Oil' will help form a layer between the skin and the pee, so reducing irritation. I think Sudocrem is similar, but I've never tried it.

If the skin is having an irritated or allergic-type reaction, antihistamine cream helps calm the irritation, cool the skin and cease the itching. Some nappy creams also contain vitamin D or something which helps the skin repair itself.

If the rash is infected, weeping etc, then some antiseptic cream might be a good idea. Some nappy creams also contain antiseptic.

Having said that, as we already know, there is no substitute for thorough cleaning, drying and letting the area get some air, but then again, the nature of using nappies points to the opposite!

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I personally find A+D ointment works wonders. It's great if you have a rash, and from stopping you form getting one. I like to put some along the leak guards and tops/bottoms of the diaper. It lubes things up enough that even on a sweaty summer day I don't get a rash (I made the mistake of walking 4 miles or so the other day in a diaper without it.. ouch!).

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i mainly use just powder...but then again i have wore full time for months now so my skin is more used to it...and i use the walgeens as well

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
For some reason I am miraculously rash-resistant. I am thankful.

As far as chaffing... it only really bothers me when it gets really hot in the summer and I have a thick diaper on. To prevent, I have thinner diapers.

Role
Diaper Lover
Depend diapers ALWAYS give me a rash. I think it's their "powder" or SAP that is on the top of the diaper. With that, I usually only use powder and change frequently if it's hot/sweaty. And if I wet, then I usually change pretty soon after.

Cole

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
The only thing I use is powder, and I have NEVER gotten a rash. (Maybe I have tough skin?)

As for chaffing, I just choose NOT to wear when it's too warm outside.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer, Other
Powder plus A+D oinment for me. Haven't had any major problems yet.

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I usually use baby powder everytime I diaper up. I also like using baby oil after I shower (Makes me smell good and keeps my skin soft) I've only has a rash once and it sucked!! I learned to not take long walks in a wet diaper, and in the summer months, to change fairly soon after wetting it

Acecool

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There is some good stuff called Bor..... butt paste... I use it when I have ingrown hairs, but it is supposed to work well for everything...

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
So far I've only been able to try baby oil and it is effective. Feels really nice, and I have never gotten a rash with it. Only problem is it messes up the tapes. You have to really rub it in and clean your hands thoroughly. If a tiny bit gets on a tape it's ruined. I like how it feels, but I have had a far higher rate of diapers going wrong when I have used oil before hand - so I like to use it but I don't often, unless I have time to be extra careful when diapering up.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I use Baby Powder and rash cream to keep rashes from happening. This still sometimes happens though. I end up with a slight rash because of my love for wearing a wet diaper for a long time. But this whole diaper thing could not go on with at least one set back or something like a rash every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.