• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
FYI: the postbit is that box to the left of posts.

E.g: mine currently looks like this :
my postbit said:
Moo
where bovine = 1;

Threads: 22
Wiki Edits: 28
Referrals: 4

Note that if any of the above options is zero or unset, it won't display.
E.g. people with no referrals don't display "Referrals: 0"... the line is just omitted.
Similarly, people without avatars don't get a "no avatar", people without threads don't get a "Threads: 0", etc.

The only elements out of the above which would always show up are name, title, join date, and possibly reputation.

The "custom text" entry is a freeform bit of text, with applications like :
* being used to announce someone's [urlhttp://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=784]AB/DL/IC/ETC[/url] status.
* being used to announce that someone is away (so others trying to contact them from their previous posts notice this)

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I voted for all the things that are there now...with the addition of a custom line of text, but that wouldn't be necessary if we get 'custom titles' back...or do we have that already and I just haven't noticed?

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
i think we should habe
name(Why would you not have one?)
Title(optional but i feel it should stay)
avatar(helps to distinguish betweeen users)
then basicly everything that is already there excecpt threads sarted i see this as a pointless number but thats just me.

I Do think however the site would benefit greatly from hidden rep. It would remove all the compition for rep. But once again that just my opion.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I say name (I assume this means user name, not IRL name), title, avatar and rep. I don't think number of posts or threads started have much to do with quality of a user's posts. Also, join date and location you can look up in the user profile, and don't necessarily need to show up on every post.

It may also be interesting to have your affiliation as AB, TB, DL, IC, etc.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I voted for:
Name, title, avatar, reputation- All because I think they're necessary.
Location- Not sure why, it's just nice to know where people are from.
Posts- It's useful to know how many posts someone has made.
Threads- It's cool, and encourages people to make more threads.
Blog Entries- Like Raccoon said in the other thread, it helps you to see when someone has posted a new thread. Plus it encourages blog use.
Whether the person is an AB, DL, IC, babyfur, TB, etc- I think it's pretty relevant for this site. Just seems to make sense to be in the postbit.

I didn't vote for:
Join Date- It just seems like the kind of thing you'd check a profile for, it's not something that is ever going to change, and it's not really that important.
Wiki Edits- I'm not sure why I didn't vote for it!
Gallery Uploads- The gallery's good enough to not need this. If you want to see someone's pictures then you can easily see them buy looking their sub-galleries or whatever, it's easy.
Referrals- IIRC you put this in the postbit to encourage people to refer others. I never understood that because I always thought that if you knew another TB you'd happily refer them, but most people probably won't know another TB... It doesn't seem like something that could be encouraged.
Sexuality- Not really that important.
Character Age- What if you don't have a character? Do you want people posting in character?
Real Age- Not too important.
Custom text- That's what custom user title is for.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I voted for all the things that are there now...with the addition of a custom line of text, but that wouldn't be necessary if we get 'custom titles' back...or do we have that already and I just haven't noticed?
That is there already. Check your UserCP.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Ummm...I must be blind...I just checked my UserCP and I couldn't find the 'custom title' option anywhere :(
UserCP -> edit profile.

Scroll down a page or two. Look for "Custom User Title". Or just search for "Custom". It is there. I just checked.

Role
Private
I didn't vote for

Join Date: Profile should be used for this. Needless clutter on the boards.

Galley Uploads: People upload stuff into restricted galleries, you are going to have new users complaining why they can't access the photos. Plus, I think it just helps with the whole "creepy guy" aspect. The gallery link at the top of the page is sufficient enough.

Referrals: This really doesn't concern other users. Those who have been referred I see as separate users, no matter how they came across this site. To be honest, a useless feature, IMO.

Whether the person is: Should be a profile thing.

Sexuality: Profile thing.

Character age: Profile thing.

Real age: Profile thing.

>>> I probably should not have voted for "Threads" either... If I'm after a particular post by someone, I just use the profile link.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think it's funny that somebody didn't vote for "name." look at it: it has less than 100%! XD

i voted for "join date" but i realize now i wasn't thinking too clearly. for one thing it's really not all that important, and for another thing most of us all joined the new board at roughly the same time.

the only thing that's been added recently that i really like is "threads." but "wiki edits" and "gallery uploads" and all that just adds clutter. so does "blog entries," although i believe i thoughtlessly voted for that too. stupid me. it'd be cool to have a link to someone's blog in their profile, but i don't think it necessarily belongs in the postbit.

"referrals" is particularly annoying. whether or not you feel "motivated" to refer people to the site has nothing to do with it -- the simple fact of the matter is that some people know other ab/dls they can refer to the site and other people don't. it could never be the basis of any kind of status or merit, and it's not something i would ever feel the desire to know about a person.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I voted for:

Name
Title

Rep

I guess I should have thought it through more clearly too - I didn't vote for anything I didn't want but I would have added in Threads. I'd prefer we keep the postbit simple as possible, since I'd rather read about all your other stuff in your profile. Also the Wiki Edits are kind of silly, since I have 75+ and I've really only edited my own personal page a bajillion times. I look so good but I really don't need the extra! :D

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I chose Name, Title, Avatar, Location, Custom text (how is that any different from having a title tho?)

I don't think the other stuff like postcount, refferals, wiki edits etc... is really important

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Name, Title, avatar -- as you can't do without those
location, posts, threads, blog entries, rep and custom line. -- as these are nice and stimulate people in a good way.

NOT referrals as if you know someone you'd gladly refer anybody if you know them but most people won't know anybody to refer.
not the others as it just becomes cluttered and is irrelevant.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I don't like cluttered up postbits that bear no relevance to the post at hand or the person posting it. So I chose:
- name
- title (otherwise we may get rid of it right away)
- avatar (I'm a visual person - I distinguish people by avatars!)
- location (because quite often it's necessary to know which culture/country someone is from to understand their reactions / opinions / posts)
- number of posts (active contributors or "one hit wonder"?)
- reputation (determines if someone's trustworthy or not)

What we do not need:
- custom test (-> signature)
- join date (would have been useful on the old site, but now everyone joined at the same time anyway)
- gallery uploads (unfair because some people have no camera, are too young to post pics of themselves or simply don't want to)
- wiki edits (can easily be faked by just clicking "edit" on a number of articles and rearranging a few words)
- blog enties (encourages to post senseless drivel in people's blogs)
- referrals (very hard to influence)
- relation to AB/TB/DL, sexual preference, diaper choice etc. (-> profile)
- status of diaper, mood, bank account balance... (personal information)

Peachy

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
UserCP -> edit profile.

Scroll down a page or two. Look for "Custom User Title". Or just search for "Custom". It is there. I just checked.
I must have been blind 'cause I did look in there....anyway...thanks! :-D

Avery said:
i think it's funny that somebody didn't vote for "name." look at it: it has less than 100%! XD
Yeah, that is funny! How would someone know who they were talking to if the name wasn't displayed?? (It wasn't me who voted that way!)

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Name obviously
Title obviously

Join Date I like to know this.. but it may as well be in the profile. It adds to the sense of who a person is; one can consider how many rep/day or posts/day they have. In a very few cases it can help security: If a guy who joined two years ago says something about his age in an old post and then contradicts himself in a late post, you can catch the age discrepancy.

Location Keep this: it is useful to know if a user is out of your time zone or in your stant. The user may include a dummy location eg. "padded cell" to protect his identity the way things stand at the moment, so privacy isn't compromised.

Posts Postcount is important to be visible; partly because I am interestedin rep/post; as one might in theory manually count a member's posts this is public info anyway.

Threads Thread count doesn't matter. Lots of good posts are responses to a thread where the owner had nothing to do with the thead.

Wiki Edits clutter:
Gallery Uploads clutter
Referrals clutter
Blog Entries Valid so we can see the last one, to go to the blog
Reputation Of course

Whether the person is an AB, DL, IC, babyfur, TB, - Not in Postbits
Sexuality
Character Age these three are covered in profile. Such labels are limiting. Peoples' identities are fluid; I don't like the idea of having to type oneself. One person's definition of, say, babyfur, might differ from another's; having both use the same label would be misleading

Real Age - belongs in profile. As long as it is known to admin, the user has the choice to have it hidden to the public. Hidden age levels the playing field by avoiding preconceptions.

Custom text (one line of plain text, poster's choice) custom user titles are ok and very popular with some.
Something else (post details) n/a

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
:bump:

The poll has closed but I don't think that the a conclusion has been made of it. I'd say (my own oppinion) that everything with 30 or more should be included.
This'd mean:

Name
Title

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I came to the conclusion :
Name : yes, always
Title : yes, always
Threads: yes if >0