What should I download?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Ok I'm going to a collage with my highschools robotics team for the kick off of the robotics season. Well it has a computer lab and we get a one hour break for lunch, the computer lab has T4 line which is multiple gigabyte per second DOWNLOAD speeds. Basically were all bringing external HDD's. What should I download while I have the chance for instant downloads?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ohh LOTS of stuff! You're incredibly lucky! If you're looking for games, look on www.ijji.com or www.nexon.net, they both have cool and addictive games, though I don't really play PC games anymore.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
No, no Maplestory.

...wow. Gigabytes per second?! That's amazing! Well, there's a lot of freeware stuff out there that you can download with a clear conscience...

...or if you have time, try torrenting some stuff you like. Music, videos? Gosh. I wouldn't know what to do with that kind of speed either.

Role
...or if you have time, try torrenting some stuff you like. Music, videos? Gosh. I wouldn't know what to do with that kind of speed either.
That's what I was trying to suggest without directly hinting at it.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
That's what I was trying to suggest without directly hinting at it.
mm3 (wherever he is now) showed me http://thepiratebay.org. You could try there. It has lots of stuff, though not everything. It's also got scantily clad women (in your area!) for advertisements, so whatever. There are probably plenty of other ones just as good, but this is my favorite. :p

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Well tbh unless you find really good seeded stuff torrents will not work so well as you will be limited to what the peers can actually send to you... Unless you try to download insanely well seeded new stuff on private torrent sites your not gonna max out that connection. Also i would bet the college blocks bittorrent and the net your given is limited... not to mention the college may notice the massive downloads... I wouldn't reccommend downloading while your there unless yoru on dialup or something... otherwise you can get it all at home maybe not as fast, but still pretty damn fast.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I don't advise you playing Maplestory. I played it for a long time (Ice/Lightning mage level 47) and I can tell you that it's a waste of time after level 30. It's incredibly long and boring to level up past that. The party quests are usually full, otherwise I may be playing still, since that's the only fun thing to go after 30. After level 30 you begin to meet the real MS players - that is, hackers, hogs, and just plain retards. Good luck finding a decent place to train on a holiday, because all the freakin' channels are full!

I quit the game because of the wasted time and the players.

DatsTehUber

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy,
ok not only are there nearly no hackers but it has become better for everyone to play

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
ok not only are there nearly no hackers but it has become better for everyone to play
No hackers? Ha, since when? They're everywhere.

And how has it become better?

(I don't want this to turn into a Maplestory discussion thread)

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
actualy it depends on how long it has bin since youve played
It's been about a year now. I gave my account away on some forum or other... But I'm kept up-to-date by fanatics and haters alike. (Sheesh)

Just answer the question, please? If by better you mean "They added Korea world omg!" then I disagree. Maybe you just haven't seen the full extent of hackers, and unless Nexon's stopped being a complete money whore and upgraded their service and actually is banning hackers, which I'll be surprised if they do, I don't think anything will improve the quality of the game.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Unless I'm mistaken, I thought it was that kind of download (and quite probably upload) speed that would most likely be required for 'virtual reality' gaming (such as .hack/ like reality). That was supposedly years in the future, so all I can say is... wow. I guess you could download just about whatever you want.

As for the torrents, there are several problems there. For a torrent to work with that kind of speed, you're going to need people with extremely high upload speeds, or an extremely high number of seeders with average upload speeds. There would also be a need to change some connection settings, which I'm unsure wether you can edit on a school server. And Maplestory... what exactly is that?

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Unless I'm mistaken, I thought it was that kind of download (and quite probably upload) speed that would most likely be required for 'virtual reality' gaming (such as .hack/ like reality). That was supposedly years in the future, so all I can say is... wow. I guess you could download just about whatever you want.

As for the torrents, there are several problems there. For a torrent to work with that kind of speed, you're going to need people with extremely high upload speeds, or an extremely high number of seeders with average upload speeds. There would also be a need to change some connection settings, which I'm unsure wether you can edit on a school server. And Maplestory... what exactly is that?
I considered that a little after I submitted my message. Still, sites like Rapidshare and Megaupload will give great download speeds.

How about you... download the same pictures 500000 times? :D

Oh, and Maplestory is an anime-style RPG made by Wizet and bought out by Nexon. I'd avoid it. D:

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
if I had that kind of speed at home, I would have filled my HDD with LOADS of illegal downloads like 2 days after I got my computer! (i would need to have intense virus software though)

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Well, if it were me, I'd probably end up downloading every Stepmania song pack ever created... ever. (Stepmania = Dance Dance Revolution for the computer, with a whole bunch more songs.)

Oh yeah, and I was just thinking, how big is your drive? I mean, even something like 150GB at 1 GB/sec would be like, 150 seconds, or two minutes, thirty seconds... So what are you going to do with all that extra time? That might be the question...

Role
Well, if it were me, I'd probably end up downloading every Stepmania song pack ever created... ever. (Stepmania = Dance Dance Revolution for the computer, with a whole bunch more songs.)

Oh yeah, and I was just thinking, how big is your drive? I mean, even something like 150GB at 1 GB/sec would be like, 150 seconds, or two minutes, thirty seconds... So what are you going to do with all that extra time? That might be the question...
80Gig drive

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would bet that if it's at a college, not only will the computers be locked down, but I'm positive they are filtering filesharing traffic so it does not hog their bandwidth. You will NOT see gigs/sec trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.