What should i do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayde

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy,
What should i do , i told my boyfriend about my diaper thing and he said that is slightly disturbing .

I like him and care for him , i want him to understand me liking diapers

What should i do ?

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Give him a little time to think and then talk to him again and explain everything fully.

Honeywell6180

Contributor
Role
Private
Another possibility: You could explain to him that it is a medical need, having to do with sensory integration issues. Then, if he truly cared for you, he would accept you as you are with your "disability". If he doesn't, then I don't think he would make a very good husband anyway.

Honeywell6180

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Can you give us a little more detail please about what you told him and how he reacted. However, based on what you have said, this is what I think:

Well for one, don't give up hope. I imagine it is disturbing even to open minded people, he hasn't just shunned you. I know you want immediate understanding, but you are unlikely to get that. Be happy that it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

Be ready to talk to him in more detail. Make it clear that this doesn't replace him, and you don't expect him to take part in it if he doesn't want to. However, also make him realise that this is part of you and it won't go away. If he does indeed care for you as much as you care for him, he should be able to get over this and still love you, even if he is uncomfortable about this.

To get understanding of how you feel, you will have to go over what this means for you in detail. How it affects you and what you get out of doing it. He has no chance of understanding how you feel, unless he understands what you feel. Acceptance and understanding will be more difficult, but if you are open about it and he does love you, you will be able to slowly move towards that sort of position. If he can't learn to deal with it, I know you care about him now, but is that really the sort of person you want to be going out with?

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Good luck!

--- mzkkbprmt

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Be happy for what you got. We are diaper wearing freaks after all. :p Just give it time.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Another possibility: You could explain to him that it is a medical need, having to do with sensory integration issues. Then, if he truly cared for you, he would accept you as you are with your "disability". If he doesn't, then I don't think he would make a very good husband anyway.

Honeywell6180

I'd be careful saying it's a medical need if it's not, that could come back to backfire. You might consider showing him some of the resources online that explain us a little better. I'm sure there's something good in the wiki, and there's other sites as well, you might want to both read together the "When Kids Love Diapers" site. I haven't read it in years, but I remember that it was a pretty good resource. There's a link to it in the links section here.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Just give him time to think about it, and wait and see what happens, if he turly loves you for you, he will come round, or you may have to at least slow down your diaper use for the time being, untill things smooth over.

Cayde

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy,
thanks guys i just need to talk to him the next time i am over at his house

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Well, best of luck, but just remember...Teenagers are jackasses, we will not accept you because you are different, so don't expect him to be like "OH! IT MAKES SENSE NOW!"

Keep your hopes high, but don't expect anything great. One more time: I wish you luck.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Well, he has every right to be disturbed....
Wanting to wear diapers IS disturbing. It's awfully disgusting to most people, and not much good comes of telling folks, unless they really need to know.
Now, I would sit down with your boyfriend, and explain in further detail what this is all about, more so show him our site... prove to him it's just a "kink" and nothing more.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
To be honest, if someone doesn't want to be around you for any one thing at all, they're probably not good to be getting involved with in the first place...

But yeah, just explain it to him further if you can, try and get him to understand if you want to stay w/ him

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
hmmm, yeah it will take a little time for him to get use to it. Don't talk to him about it too much though. little by little tell him why you like them and tell him a little more about what a dl is and what infantilism is, so that way he can understand you more better for being a tb. Remember take your time to talk to him

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
give him time and allow him to digest it slowly if he truly cares he should at least get to the point where he is ok with it but it is such a strange concept to most people that it takes awhile to digest

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
As many others have said, give him time. This isn't an easy thing for a loved one to take in. In general, people have a tough time understanding and accepting things they're not familiar with. Hopefully he'll respect you and accept your desire. Keep us updated and good luck. :)

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other, Private
In all aspects of a relationship, partners must be acceptant of anything that is out of the ordinary. Give it some time for it to settle and maybe he will then realize that it is just a part of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.