• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

What router do you use at home?

What router do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
So, the poll about Windows versions got me curious. What sort of router do you use? For those of you using Cisco, Linksys w/ Third-Party Firmware or Other, please provide details. (I'm curious!)

I've got a Linksys WRT54GL running Tomato 1.25.1720

Role
Private
Either a Skil or Makita.

Oh, wait.

Cisco 600-series with CBOS;
Cisco 4000M+ with IOS;
Linksys WRT54G with Tomato.

B

Butterfly Mage

Every router I've used has burned out after 30-60 days. So my partner's computer connects directly to the DSL modem and my computers connect to my 3G cell phone via bluetooth.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I'm running a D-link DI-604 with stock firmware connected to a Cisco Catalyst 2950 switch.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Linksys w/ Third-Party Firmware

A

Asher

Linksys w/ Stock Firmware.

Frankly, I had no idea there was even a "Buffalo" router. : O What an interesting name for a router I say : P

- Asher

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Linksys WRT54G...Finally something I could use a Best Buy gift card for...

Prior to the Linksys, I had a Netgear WGR614 which was horrendous. It had to be reset at least once a week. It would just randomly drop its signal.

I would love to try a 3rd Party firmware, but I'm too afraid that the router would get bricked if something went wrong.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have a Netgear DG834PN, with a print server connected (which we randomly got one day from Virgin for being 'loyal' customers)

And I have a Buffalo WBMR-G125 which I bought myself, yet have not managed to succesfully connect it :(

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Kind of a redundancy here as Cisco owns Linksys, so I have a Linksys Cisco wrt54g

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've had ...

Linksys with stock firmware, linksys with 3rd party firmware, Dlink and Netgear ... and they all fail within a year. EXACTLY a year.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
WRT54GS v1.1 (SO HARD TO FIND ONE OF THESE!!) running DD-WRT Mega (yes, Mega!!)
WRT54GS v5 running DD-WRT micro
WRT54G v4 running DD-WRT micro

This doesn't count but my managed switch's firmware is from 2001!

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
I use a Billion 7300RA as an ADSL2+ gateway, combined with an Apple Airport Express for Wireless (and audio sharing, plus printer hosting) and a Linksys PAP2 for VOIP.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I use a linksys modem. Not sure what model.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer, Other
I'm running some Actiontec Cable Modem/Router furbished by Verizon. Has some pretty nice features and good broadcasting power except I do want to get a new antenna for it.

It would seem that Actiontec makes some pretty expensive and high end stuff. If only they were more common. That is connected to a 3com 40 port 10/100 switch and a couple netgear Gigabit switches, one is an 8 port the other a 5. The 5 port actually goes between the modem and 40 port, and also connects to the 8 port in the server bank.

N

nd01

I use a Belkin N-MIMO Router, connected to a Linksys 24-Port Network Switch. Capable of fast wireless network speeds, up to around 380mbps and ethernet up to 1GBPS =D. We need the switch, we have a lot of networked stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.