What movie or tv show did you watch recently?

My Friend Totoro and Ponyo!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Working my way through The Man In The High Castle, on Amazon (well, downloading it to watch because BT won't let us stream).
I was wary at first, as I usually am with contemporary takes on the past, but it's actually pretty good, and story and character driven (rather than as with many retro and vintage films and shows which just seem to be an excuse to show off somebody's collection of bits and bobs and totally misrepresentative whichever era).
What snagged me onto it, was it showing up in 'sci-fi' recommations.

Saw the 'new' It a few days ago: utter garbage, just like the first one.
If anybody involved in the making of either starts nagging and whining about carbon-footprints.......
fighting0030.gif

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Been watching ‘You’ lately, definitely worth a binge. But I haven’t given into that crave.

For Halloween I watched an old black and white movie, "The Curse of the Mummy's Hand". (No....not mommy's hand)

Zombiezzz said:
How was it?
I thought it was very well done, and a lot better than the original movie.

I watched some of Buster Keaton's silent film, "The General" based on the Great Locomotive Chase (An event of the American Civil War that took place in 1862)

A Christmas Story

• Love
Watched a Christmas Story today, a movie I watch every Thanksgiving

Reactions: dogboy
The wife and I just got done watching Age of Ultron we're watching them all in theatrical release date 😄

Last night, I watched the Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye movie White Christmas on Netflix. It has some good music, but I still only watch it once every two to three years. It’s still as slow-moving as I remember.

Last night I watched Frozen and this morning out was Tangled. I was a Disney child growing up. Always loved the princess movies though I could never admit it.

Reactions: Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
It was thanksgiving, so what else besides "It's a wonderful Life"

• Haha
I just watched Die Hard.

Recently watched Good Boys, hilarious film.

Pissed Drug dealer to one boy: you can suck my d*ck. (to the next boy): and you can suck my d*ck! Then the third boy chirps in: what about me, am I just gonna sit here??

Funnier in the movie, definitely watch it.

Paddington! Hilarious and so well done!

I watched It’s a Wonderful Life last night.

Just before that I also watched A Very Minty Christmas.

CLPP said:
Paddington! Hilarious and so well done!
The sequel is just as good, if not even better!

I just watched Klaus on Netflix. It’s not the best Christmas movie I have seen, but it was better than I expected.

I just watched While You Were Sleeping.

Back