What makes diapers addicting?

Tigondegra

Booster hoarder & swelling connoisseur!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been starting to wonder about why I have gotten attached to diapers recently, specifically the ultra-absorbent kind, which began when I first tried a Simple Ultra sample a year or so ago.

While I'm not specifically focusing on their use due to bladder issues, I'm more curious about the why, for myself and others who are into it just because they can.

For me, just the thought of knowing that it's packed full of polymers (depending on what is worn), and knowing I would get to irreversibly swell up those polymers with an instant reward of swelling and warmth, (can't forget the lift that you might get from it too), seems to be what keeps me hooked to it. Even more hooked as things start getting lovingly thick and comfortably heavy.

Is it the same for others here as well? Or does your interest in them go even further than that? Am I the only one who goes crazy for the super-absorbent polymers? I'm curious!

• Love
Reactions: GoodniteLover219, littleluvs, GoodnitesXL21 and 3 others
Yess I love it when it swells a lot! they're soo comfy
I also love the feeling fo a dry cottony diaper after a clean shower

Reactions: neophyte, PaddedLemur, Conrad32 and 3 others
To answer the title, the fact that wearing releases dopamine(and potentially quite a lot, especially if you introduce masturbation) is probably what makes them addicting. I also love the way they feel when soaked.

• Love
Reactions: littleluvs, PaddedLemur, DiaperLuver06 and 5 others
They are so very soft and thick. I love the way the Diaper hugs my body, I love the compression.
I have no idea why I like it, I just do. It's always been part of me and will stay with me forever.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, chamberpot, chrischrischris and 1 other person
If you ask me, it's all about how diapers swell up when you soak 'em due to the SAP crystals inside 'em!

Reactions: PaddedLemur, chamberpot and Tigondegra
I try to wear 2 to 3 boosters, and as they all swell it reminds me of being in very thick cloth diapers

Reactions: chamberpot and Tigondegra
simple answer:

Incontinence

Reactions: Tigondegra
The cushioning, the swelling over time, and the warmth is what I love. It's best with a softer outer plastic backing like ABU

Reactions: PaddedLemur, Landen41976, GoodnitesXL21 and 1 other person
I've no idea why; but, the wetter and thicker the diaper, the better it is. That's why I'm often double diapered at night.

Reactions: PaddedLemur, ARBBB2, Landen41976 and 2 others
It's the look the sensation the feel. The warmth of the wet diaper. Knowing that when you put one on as you go to bed that you know you won't have a wet bed.

Reactions: littleluvs, PaddedLemur, chamberpot and 1 other person
For me what makes them addicting is how they are made and fit...They are generally soft, padded and thick and have that hugging sensation when taped on. Also the nice crinkly white plastic on them. Its from distant memories of being in thick white plastic diapers as a child. They were the 70s thick white Pampers and I was sort of sensory to the the thickness and crinkly plastic. After 40 something years the interest never went away, it most likely never will.That is Ok because diapers do not take over my life. I enjoy them when I can and can enjoy regular life as well.

Reactions: littleluvs, LittleLeeInDiapers, Ilovewetdiapers4200 and 4 others
Well I certainly see a lot of common connections between all of the replies, seems like it hits the spot with most due to the comfort and warmth in general (and the swelling, haha), and likely even what is quoted below. I can also say that I agree with everything I've seen so far on this thread, glad to know I'm not the only one!

Ereid2k19 said:
To answer the title, the fact that wearing releases dopamine(and potentially quite a lot, especially if you introduce masturbation) is probably what makes them addicting.

I totally forgot about that! Conditioned responses! That makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

Reactions: littleluvs
Aside from needing them for my incontinence, I am emotionally tied to them because of the security they provide.

Reactions: Twily and Tigondegra
For me they provide a Sense of Security. At least I don‘t know how else to describe it.
When the Diaper is almost full and very heavy there is the feeling of pure Bliss that just eliminates all the Stress i‘ve been having lately.

• Love
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, perlFerret, chamberpot and 1 other person
Ereid2k19 said:
To answer the title, the fact that wearing releases dopamine(and potentially quite a lot, especially if you introduce masturbation) is probably what makes them addicting. I also love the way they feel when soaked.

You are so correct, for us older folks like me and the fact that I have Parkinson's, I have become quite addicted to diapers. Masturbation in my diaper is the only way I can get relief.

Reactions: littleluvs, Tigondegra and chamberpot
Well for me .. I am a wetter always been a wetter I like peeing in my pants ... but peeing in my pants without a diaper is a joy I cannot have when out and about and I would only wet my pants when no one would ever see that i had wet ...THEN along came diapers and the discovery that i can pee in my pants (diaper) all the time and nobody is ever aware of the fact that here is this grown man standing next to them and he is wetting himself,, oh ya and that really nice swollen damp diaper is a joy to have wrapping me up in security

Reactions: littleluvs, Peesalot and Tigondegra
chamberpot said:
Well for me .. I am a wetter always been a wetter I like peeing in my pants ... but peeing in my pants without a diaper is a joy I cannot have when out and about and I would only wet my pants when no one would ever see that i had wet ...THEN along came diapers and the discovery that i can pee in my pants (diaper) all the time and nobody is ever aware of the fact that here is this grown man standing next to them and he is wetting himself,, oh ya and that really nice swollen damp diaper is a joy to have wrapping me up in security
😆😆😆. So true, so true!!!!

Reactions: Tigondegra and chamberpot
Paddy2020 said:
😆😆😆. So true, so true!!!!
😂😂😂and so very funny how you put it!!!

Reactions: Tigondegra and chamberpot
When it comes to diapers, to me, there are "The 5-Esses":
  1. Softness 😚
  2. Snugness 🤗
  3. Sweetness 🥰
  4. Security 🧸
  5. Serenity 😌
These all add up to the essence of an Adult Baby in a diaper, IMHO. Your mileage may vary. 🤭

Reactions: LittleLeeInDiapers, Sgdlboy, Twily and 5 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
When it comes to diapers, to me, there are "The 5-Esses":
  1. Softness 😚
  2. Snugness 🤗
  3. Sweetness 🥰
  4. Security 🧸
  5. Serenity 😌
These all add up to the essence of an Adult Baby in a diaper, IMHO. Your mileage may vary. 🤭
Cute!!!🐸

• Love
Reactions: Tigondegra, perlFerret and BobbiSueEllen
Back