What makes a person a "bad" person?

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Why? Would it change your moral opinion if they waited until one day before the last day? If not, exactly how many days before the last day would it take to change it from being bad to being OK? No matter what day you pick, that day will become the "last day".
Honestly for any problems that would occur the 30 day policy would be fine

BUT

For changing your mind I would give a full week, say customer at a dealership gets a car on a Friday, the week would start on a Monday and end on a Sunday

Customer would have to make their decision and get to the dealership before the dealership closes on Sunday

If they cant? Well too bad

The customer would then be forced to make their decision in a timely manner and have to live with it

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Customer would have to make their decision and get to the dealership before the dealership closes on Sunday

If they cant? Well too bad

The customer would then be forced to make their decision in a timely manner and have to live with it
People make legal commitments with car dealers before using a car for anything other than a short test drive, so there is no real comparison there with your problem with eBay.

People are rightfully suspicious of buying things sight-unseen online. If sites like eBay didn't have a reliable refund policy they would go out of business. I have no idea how eBay handles refunds for buyers that simply changed their minds, but if they have a 'no questions asked' refund policy that is entirely up to them. You are free to take your business somewhere else if you don't like their rules.

CaterpillarSick

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
How deep do we want to go in philosophy? I've been reading a ton about this and there is a lot on this topic.

Some say that context matters while others say it doesn't so the example in OP:
I mean if someone stole food, I can kinda understand that as you gotta eat to survive
is one of the most famous examples in all of ethics. Even before that there is the question of what it means for something to be bad; which the field of metaethics seeks to answer. Luckily government gives us practical, if imperfect, solutions to these problems for our day to day lives.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
People make legal commitments with car dealers before using a car for anything other than a short test drive, so there is no real comparison there with your problem with eBay.

People are rightfully suspicious of buying things sight-unseen online. If sites like eBay didn't have a reliable refund policy they would go out of business. I have no idea how eBay handles refunds for buyers that simply changed their minds, but if they have a 'no questions asked' refund policy that is entirely up to them. You are free to take your business somewhere else if you don't like their rules.
It isnt a "no questions asked" refund policy

It's a "if item doesn't match what you bought you are protected" policy

Which gives the Buyer a lot of power to make a claim, and at the very least put the money on hold until a decision is made

Unfortunately Buyers can and do abuse the policy

Most seem to be honest Buyers, but you have a small % of Buyers that aren't really looking for a fair deal

like I have said, maybe 2 or 3% of Buyers have made false claims to try to get a refund

I know when it's either a BS claim, or somebody didn't do their part

it isn't my fault if the post office screws up, or if the item gets delivered and NOBODY is around to make sure mail isnt stolen, it also isnt my fault if something break

Maybe you people dont realize this; but I do not make the things I sell, I do not run a repair shop

all I know is the condition the item is in that i am selling, if it works when I have it, and potentially if a certain feature doesn't work on an electronic device

If something breaks, that is unfortunate; but it is part of the risk of buying ANY kind of electronics that are past the warranty date and once the buyer has it and sees that it works when it got delivered I have done my part

These Cyber Thieves (you cant even really call them customers) are purposely looking for something they want; to buy it and then as soon as it comes open up a complaint

Like I have said I have encountered all the common ways that Buyers seek to abuse the system, and that and the fees is why I avoid selling things on eBay 99% of the time

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
like I have said, maybe 2 or 3% of Buyers have made false claims to try to get a refund
If you were selling on eBay routinely, as a way of making money, you would adjust your prices to account for the 3% of sales you predict will go bad. That's just basic capitalism.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If you were selling on eBay routinely, as a way of making money, you would adjust your prices to account for the 3% of sales you predict will go bad. That's just basic capitalism.
Theres so much competition if I charge more I may not make a sale, which is the problem because I am not selling 1/1 items and everyone wants the lowest price

I call it "race to the bottom" economics

So many people desperate to make sales they will undercut someone else because lowest price sells the easiest, and that is a race I do not care to enter

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
How deep do we want to go in philosophy? I've been reading a ton about this and there is a lot on this topic.

Some say that context matters while others say it doesn't so the example in OP:

is one of the most famous examples in all of ethics. Even before that there is the question of what it means for something to be bad; which the field of metaethics seeks to answer. Luckily government gives us practical, if imperfect, solutions to these problems for our day to day lives.
Well laws have Degrees to them, possibly due to some sort of moral aspect

I think most people can agree that Hunger is a lot more of an understandable need than people that WANT something and would rather not pay for it

Or people that steal to sell things

I believe if people want something they should work for it, work extra hours, get a second job, do something to make money on the side;

If they want to say they CANT do anything to get ahead, I call that BS

I'm not saying it is easy, but "where there is a will, there is a way" and hard work and perseverance do pay off to some degree (though often not as much as people want)