What makes a person a "bad" person?

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not necessarily.

Buyer and seller should both be aware if there is a refund policy and, if so, abide by the policy's conditions.

Makes no difference. The refund policy still applies.

You make a lot of assertions about what people should do to accommodate you. Your dispute over how the refund policy handles missing packages is with eBay, not the customer.

If a feature is included with the item sold, it is assumed that it will work unless it was stated otherwise by the seller. Who's fault is it if you didn't test every feature before the sale? And it's not up to you to determine how important each feature is to the buyer.

You should be aware of the requirements before you try to sell something on eBay. Selling on eBay is a de facto agreement to abide by those requirements.

Sorry if I sound too harsh. I still think you would be happier if you could get over this obsession with "bad" buyers. If your overall business experience on eBay is satisfying and profitable then continue. If not, if you are losing money or it makes you unhappy, then quit and find something more satisfying.
eBay gives them 1.5 months, they shouldn't even have that

Every store I have heard of or ever bought anything from has a 1 month policy at best

Yes, if it arrives in the condition it is supposed to and works, the seller has done their part

If the item breaks 2 months later that is both past eBays 45 day policy and not on the seller; anyone that expects a seller that has sold a used item to guarantee it works far beyond eBays already generous policy is being completely unreasonable

And I am happy to make sales when they go through as they are supposed to, and the customer doesn't have unreasonable demands

The fact that the guy waited 45 days clearly means he was having fun playing it; there is no reason for it to have otherwise taken 45 days to send it back and ask for a refund

If the HDMI factor was such an important thing, he should have sent it back ASAP and spent the extra $125 at Walmart or any other retail store for a guaranteed to 100% work, every feature system

Anybody can tell you Graphics are not everything, Gaming has been around for Decades with Horrible Graphics (by today's standards); and people still had fun

If one feature is the focus you would not wait 45 days to make a return for a refund; you would realize the one feature doesn't work and find a way and a time to package the system back up and send it out at the post office

Nobody would wait 45 days, and then make a return, unless they were having fun with the system as it still worked with the old style AV cables

LittleFellow

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Little
bad = wants to rule about otherz
good = knows that true love means to keep your beloved in freedom

bad = wants to own others
good = you and me does not make a difference because we are all the same - thus individual freedom has priority

bad = gives more of his own love to himself than to others
good = shares love without awaiting feedback

bad = likes taking and fears sharing
good = likes to give and and to see others happy

bad = don't likes other's to bee happee
good = serves others to grow up according to become lucky

bad = wants to rule the world
good = watching butterflies and wondering about god's love and wisdom

for example an angel (as free but perfectly good individuum) would serve with all his willpower and love indepentently of recieving anything back, serving until the end for the best of the human beeings - not serving as a machine, but acting out of his own will as a free individuum.
An angel would, as beeing one in it's will with the creator, also take the willpower of the creater to do everything and anything posssible. +
This is just to be seen as an example to define a perfectly good individuum.

Imagine a mind that cannot stand doing nothing while sseing another individuum suffering.

Imagine your heart breaking if you're not able to share a warm cup of tea or your hoodie with a shivering neighbour.

most dogs are good role models for beeing a true friend

huggz

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
bad = wants to rule about otherz
good = knows that true love means to keep your beloved in freedom

bad = wants to own others
good = you and me does not make a difference because we are all the same - thus individual freedom has priority

bad = gives more of his own love to himself than to others
good = shares love without awaiting feedback

bad = likes taking and fears sharing
good = likes to give and and to see others happy

bad = don't likes other's to bee happee
good = serves others to grow up according to become lucky

bad = wants to rule the world
good = watching butterflies and wondering about god's love and wisdom

for example an angel (as free but perfectly good individuum) would serve with all his willpower and love indepentently of recieving anything back, serving until the end for the best of the human beeings - not serving as a machine, but acting out of his own will as a free individuum.
An angel would, as beeing one in it's will with the creator, also take the willpower of the creater to do everything and anything posssible. +
This is just to be seen as an example to define a perfectly good individuum.

Imagine a mind that cannot stand doing nothing while sseing another individuum suffering.

Imagine your heart breaking if you're not able to share a warm cup of tea or your hoodie with a shivering neighbour.

most dogs are good role models for beeing a true friend

huggz
While those are extremes (in a sense) I agree

Bad people are gonna do anything they can for their own good, and would not help anybody else

Good people think of themselves last and put others first

I like to be somewhere in the middle, I am generally nice to everybody, until somebody gets me mad with their stupidity, and unfairness as well as blatant lying and cheating.

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm pretty sure large corporations have insurance to cover theft

Stealing from a corporation I could tolerate a lot better than stealing from people that aren't out to make profits in the first place
OK some corporations are less than friendly, but at the end of the day stealing from them costs other customers (probably us) money as it increases the costs of doing business which must get passed on somewhere - either the employees get paid less (and so pay less tax into the economy), the corporation makes less money (again, less tax into the economy), or the price of the product goes up (costing the rest of us more money), the insurance company loses money (same same)... it's gotta come from somewhere.

Granted quite a few corporations it's very hard to feel bad about, but it's a slippery slope - would you steal from a medium sized company, a mom & pop outfit, someone who appears to have more money than you?

BabyGurlAlexa

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
there are many causes, some mental illnesses can cause unspeakable behaviour including Paedophilia, ASPD (Sociopathy) and NPD (Narcissim), Psychopathy (slightly different from Sociopathy) other causes can be indoctrination, bad parenting and development disorders

Anti Social Personality Disorder for me is the biggest cause, because you have no empathy or conscience. I think the difference between a Psychopath and a Sociopath is there are a few extra symptoms for the former

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
OK some corporations are less than friendly, but at the end of the day stealing from them costs other customers (probably us) money as it increases the costs of doing business which must get passed on somewhere - either the employees get paid less (and so pay less tax into the economy), the corporation makes less money (again, less tax into the economy), or the price of the product goes up (costing the rest of us more money), the insurance company loses money (same same)... it's gotta come from somewhere.

Granted quite a few corporations it's very hard to feel bad about, but it's a slippery slope - would you steal from a medium sized company, a mom & pop outfit, someone who appears to have more money than you?
I wouldnt personally steal; I'm saying there are varying degrees of bad

Stealing an amount of money from a large corporation isnt gonna effect them anywhere near the same as if you stole that same amount of money from a Mom and Pop store

I think everyone knows the story of Robin Hood, but even though he was a Theif, people think he is a good guy because he stole from the Rich (people that have way more than they need) to give to the Poor (the people struggling just to survive)

Similarly if you are a small business trying to operate in a competitive market with Giants that probably make 10,000 times the amount of money in sales as what you do it's not as bad when someone steals from them

If someone stole a $1000 TV from Walmart it's still bad

But if a Mom and Pop store had a TV that was stolen that costs $1000 it hits them much harder

For one they probably have to pay more for something, and sell it for a smaller profit and they probably dont have any kind of insurance against things being stolen or lost in transit because that would be yet another added expense that would make their business more expensive; with no way to recover that cost

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
eBay gives them 1.5 months, they shouldn't even have that
But isn't that up to eBay to decide? Apparently the founder and chairman of eBay knows what he's doing, at least from a capitalistic perspective, since he became a billionaire with it. One of the reasons so many people are willing to give you money before actually seeing the merchandise is because of eBay's refund policy. There is always a trade off. Without that policy you would have fewer potential customers, which would increase competition, causing more sellers to use questionable tactics to undercut other's prices, giving honest sellers something else to complain about.
Anybody can tell you Graphics are not everything
Nobody would wait 45 days, and then make a return, unless they were having fun with the system as it still worked with the old style AV cables
Maybe they weren't rich and had to wait for next month's paycheck to get that new TV with amazing graphics and a HDMI input.

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Interesting argument.

I think the definition of a bad person varies from person to person. So it's hard to pinpoint a concrete answer among such a subjective question.

I think to me, a bad person is someone who unnecessarily puts themselves first, regardless of the consequences. And knowingly does not care about how it may affect other people. Or may purposely do something with the intent of negatively affecting others.

And there's a lot if moral gray areas. Like OP mentioned someone hungry stealing food. Or a mother stealing baby formula. As much as I dislike stealing, there's a non-selfish reason to those. And if I witnessed those kinds of situations, I would pretend I didn't see them.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
But isn't that up to eBay to decide? Apparently the founder and chairman of eBay knows what he's doing, at least from a capitalistic perspective, since he became a billionaire with it. One of the reasons so many people are willing to give you money before actually seeing the merchandise is because of eBay's refund policy. There is always a trade off. Without that policy you would have fewer potential customers, which would increase competition, causing more sellers to use questionable tactics to undercut other's prices, giving honest sellers something else to complain about.

Maybe they weren't rich and had to wait for next month's paycheck to get that new TV with amazing graphics and a HDMI input.
My point is

If a certain feature on ANYTHING you buy is an important one

You do not wait until the last day you are given to decide to return/exchange it for another one or a refund

That to me is at the very least questionable, and at the most tells me the customer got a lot of fun out of it before deciding to return it at no expense to him

Not to mention at that time 1080P TVs still had the AV cables as an available hookup on the back or side of the TV because it was a new technology and not everyone had HD Devices or HDMI cables at that time

Now modern 4k TVs seem to come without the old school AV cables, I know several I have dont have them so you need an HDMI, but it's no longer a big deal

A standard HDMI cable is dirt cheap and theres plenty of old school 720p, 1080P and up devices starting out really cheap for lower resolution devices.

Mr eBay is rich because of the 10% fees on everything you sell, plus whatever extra fees are involved if you use extra features

such as a putting a reserve, that way you can list cheap enough to get attention to your listing, and if it doesn't hit the amount you want you dont sell it

Plus I think they own PayPal as well, so that's an extra 3.5% in fees

On paper neither sounds like a lot, but theres literally Millions, if not Billions going through eBay and PayPal every year

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Which is morally worse, stealing a thousand dollars or stealing a nickle?

How bad could it be to steal a nickle? For some people the response is "would you sell your soul for a nickle?".

I think everyone knows the story of Robin Hood, but even though he was a Theif, people think he is a good guy because he stole from the Rich (people that have way more than they need) to give to the Poor (the people struggling just to survive)
Prominent drug dealers, cartel bosses, and other gangsters have been know to be very generous with poorer communities. In return they benefit from the Robin Hood effect where people in the community see them as not so bad, helping them to hide their criminal activities, and supporting them at sentencing hearings if they get caught.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Which is morally worse, stealing a thousand dollars or stealing a nickle?

How bad could it be to steal a nickle? For some people the response is "would you sell your soul for a nickle?".

Prominent drug dealers, cartel bosses, and other gangsters have been know to be very generous with poorer communities. In return they benefit from the Robin Hood effect where people in the community see them as not so bad, helping them to hide their criminal activities, and supporting them at sentencing hearings if they get caught.
Except the effects that Drugs (both iLLegaL and Legal) have a huge negative effect on society

Think of all the things Drug Addicts have done to get money to get that next high

They turn to crimes, sometimes Violent crimes at that; they will literally do anything just to stay high because of a percieved addiction (whether real or not)

So even if the Drug Dealer is paying it forward to his community, there would still be many people out there that negatively effected by them selling drugs to make money in the 1st place

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Why not? Is it not morally acceptable to abide by the agreed upon terms?
Morally acceptable maybe, but that is still kind of a dick move

Imagine if you were buying a car, and they gave you 30 days, and on day 30 you decided

"You know what, I want the extra features the next model up has"

In that 30 days you have driven the 1st car, put miles on it, and depreciated its value from new

All of a sudden you show up at the dealership wanting to get the next model up

Imagine how mad they would be

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
So even if the Drug Dealer is paying it forward to his community, there would still be many people out there that negatively effected by them selling drugs to make money in the 1st place
The point is, the poor people in the community are enabling criminal behavior for their financial gain, just like in the days of Robin Hood.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The point is, the poor people in the community are enabling criminal behavior for their financial gain, just like in the days of Robin Hood.
But Stealing and Selling Drugs are on 2 different levels

Stealing hurts people financially

Drugs hurt financially as well as Health wise (physical and mental) and fuel further criminal activities

So Robin Hood is still a better person than your average drug dealer

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
Imagine if you were buying a car, and they gave you 30 days, and on day 30 you decided

"You know what, I want the extra features the next model up has"

In that 30 days you have driven the 1st car, put miles on it, and depreciated its value from new

All of a sudden you show up at the dealership wanting to get the next model up

Imagine how mad they would be
If they gave me a car to use for 30 days, no strings attached, and then got mad at me for doing that, they would not be acting in good faith. They would be "bad" for using anger to sway me to accept terms that were not part of the agreement.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
So Robin Hood is still a better person than your average drug dealer
You work hard to build up a nice little nest egg intending to help your kids and grandkids with higher education. Along comes Robin Hood with his well armed "band of merry men" to steal your money. He gives that money to the poor, after taking his cut of course, and no one is harmed. The sheriff of Nottingham is not amused. He and his posse have numerous encounters with Hood and his "band". We don't know how many law enforcement officers were maimed or killed in these encounters, but, since both sides were well armed, I think it's safe to say these encounters tended to be violent.

At least with drug dealers you are getting something you want in return for the money they get. Some people believe everyone has the right to decide for themselves what they want to put in their bodies no matter what other people might think. That's why prohibition was repealed.

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If they gave me a car to use for 30 days, no strings attached, and then got mad at me for doing that, they would not be acting in good faith. They would be "bad" for using anger to sway me to accept terms that were not part of the agreement.
But the principle is that it is kind of a dick move to wait until the last day

They dont put those policies in place for people to use them on the last day

It's an absolute limit

You work hard to build up a nice little nest egg intending to help your kids and grandkids with higher education. Along comes Robin Hood with his well armed "band of merry men" to steal your money. He gives that money to the poor, after taking his cut of course, and no one is harmed. The sheriff of Nottingham is not amused. He and his posse have numerous encounters with Hood and his "band". We don't know how many law enforcement officers were maimed or killed in these encounters, but, since both sides were well armed, I think it's safe to say these encounters tended to be violent.

At least with drug dealers you are getting something you want in return for the money they get. Some people believe everyone has the right to decide for themselves what they want to put in their bodies no matter what other people might think. That's why prohibition was repealed.
I believe people should be able to put anything in their body that they want (as far as Food and Drinks, and Drugs go)

But it should not cause problems for other people, when it does that is when I believe society should be able to interfere

Last edited:

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
But the principle is that it is kind of a dick move to wait until the last day
Why? Would it change your moral opinion if they waited until one day before the last day? If not, exactly how many days before the last day would it take to change it from being bad to being OK? No matter what day you pick, that day will become the "last day".