• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

What makes a guy feminine?

What makes a male more feminine than manly?

• Being very clingy/not wanting to be seperated.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Sensitivity(Emotionally/Physically/Spiritually).

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Being easily scared.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Crying easily.

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Showing one's feelings.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Not liking sports.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Liking to watch "Chick-flicks".

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Being a virgin.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Hanging out with girls all the time.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • None of these make a male more feminine.

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xdeadx

Okay, so basically I got into a little self-contradiction after a small not really that bad argument with a friend about what makes a guy feminine. So my question is, which one(or more than one), if any, of these things makes a male more feminine than manly.

Please post your choices/reasons for those choices if you do take the poll. Ty :D

Avocadoy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For me?

It actually stemmed from World of Warcraft a bit. Whenever I'd look at different armor stuff, I'd actually say "That doesn't look cute on her... I'll get something else."

I also feel I'm a little more emotional than I should b sometimes. But I think a lot of people have that regardless.

*shrugs*

X

xdeadx

Sorry for the delay in the poll questions showing up everyone ^^;

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's not these things so much that make a guy seem feminine to me. The things that make a guy seem feminine to me are

• Soft facial features, clean-shaven
  • Higher than usual voice
  • "Metrosexuality"
  • Thin/light frame

Role
Incontinent
Well, if I were to use all of your options as a guide to a "feminine" acting male, I guess I might be considered one as well, however, I'm not. I do cry easy, and I don't care for sports, unless it involves wheels, {cars, racing, etc.}, I'm sensitive to others feelings, I'll watch a chick flick with my wife, and I don't consider myself feminine. I do have to say that when I was in high school and for several years afterwards, a lot of people thought that maybe I was gay, because I didn't date, and I wasn't involved with sports, or go in for the typical "guy talk", the dirty jokes and ogling girls, the cat calls etc...., I was a virgin up to the time I was married at 28. I grew up respecting women, and if I ever acted that way around my parents, I would have been punished for it. I guess I'm what you would call "old fashioned" in my thinking.

X

xdeadx

Well, if I were to use all of your options as a guide to a "feminine" acting male, I guess I might be considered one as well, however, I'm not. I do cry easy, and I don't care for sports, unless it involves wheels, {cars, racing, etc.}, I'm sensitive to others feelings, I'll watch a chick flick with my wife, and I don't consider myself feminine. I do have to say that when I was in high school and for several years afterwards, a lot of people thought that maybe I was gay, because I didn't date, and I wasn't involved with sports, or go in for the typical "guy talk", the dirty jokes and ogling girls, the cat calls etc...., I was a virgin up to the time I was married at 28. I grew up respecting women, and if I ever acted that way around my parents, I would have been punished for it. I guess I'm what you would call "old fashioned" in my thinking.
You aren't old fashioned at all. I'm the exact same way at the moment. Minus the sport part.

Chevre - I only listed the few things that usually come up at my school or in conversations I've had. If you would like me to add those then I will.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
This is of course going to vary from person to person, but for me, it has a lot to do with mannerisms. For instance, the way a man talks or his body language.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole emotional aspect does not make men seem any more feminine to me. I for one am pretty up front with my emotions, but I don't believe this makes me appear more feminine, just more aware of myself. To me, the larger issue in this is that it is bad for a man to appear feminine. I think that it's good if a man has at least some emotional intelligence, yet it seems society in general thinks that men should be unemotional, robotic human beings. It's unfortunate, because the world would probably be a better place with a little less masculinity!

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
It's not these things so much that make a guy seem feminine to me. The things that make a guy seem feminine to me are

• Soft facial features, clean-shaven
  • Higher than usual voice
  • "Metrosexuality"
  • Thin/light frame
That's what comes to my mind as well. Long hair (if he can pull it off) also tends to add to that, but I wouldn't really consider feminine by itself.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
"What makes a guy femine"

Well I'd have to say a guy that does girlish things......

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I chose emotional sensitivity more than anything else. That trait, in general, is more associated with females. Not that all women are more emotional, but when you think of someone being emotionally sensitive it usually does apply to a woman more times than not.

That being said, I admit to having a certain amount of emotional sensitivity myself which I don't feel makes me more feminine. I think a guy having some emotional sensitivity makes for a more rounded out person, and helps him make decisions with regard to his family that take in everyone's feelings. Without it, he could become too rigid and unfeeling in his decisions.

Guess the bottom line is: too much emotional sensitivity could make a guy appear more feminine. A proper blend of it with practicality does not. Just my humble opinion.:eek:

~Pramrider

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Hey, long hair does not equal feminine!

I don't even like the term "feminine" because it makes it seem like you can't have some traits because of your gender. The only people I think are "feminine" are those who go out of their way to act like they're gay (when they aren't) or guys who hang out with only girls.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Well, what I meant is that it adds to the femininity of a guy if he has long straight hair and already has other feminine traits that compliment the hair. And besides, who said there is anything wrong with that? ;) I didn't say anything like feminine guys != hot :p

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I hope you know just how offended I am by your self-esteem-obliterating hyphen-overusing statements regarding my hair length!

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
*Repeatedly continues to throw semi-compliments at Point*

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
writhes as the remarks make small repairs to miniature fractures in his skeleton

X

xdeadx

I don't even like the term "feminine" because it makes it seem like you can't have some traits because of your gender. The only people I think are "feminine" are those who go out of their way to act like they're gay (when they aren't) or guys who hang out with only girls.
THANK YOU! Exactly my point >.>

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I never really think about this. The way I see it people just act they way they are (or sometimes the way they want to be). I have never really though of a guy being particularly masculine or feminine. As for appearance - 'soft' facial features and curves where men don't usually have them. In terms of personality I would say only hanging around with girls - especially if they get involved with the conversations. I know someone in my school who can't gossip or chat for anything most of the time but put him in a group of girls and he is doing both in large amounts. That comes across as a little feminine to me - but I don't really care. People are just people - i.e they are unique.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Yeah, I always tend to make a distinction between "feminine" and what I call "soft". A lot of the things listed....sensitivity, being easily scared, not liking sports, crying easily, showing feelings, being a virgin...these are things that I put in the soft category. I don't personally see them as feminine...it's just that because our society finds these traits more acceptable in women, they tend to be viewed as more feminine.

For me, when I think of a guy being feminine, I tend to think more of activities that women tend to do...kind of like the metrosexual stuff. Liking to shop, putting a large emphasis on decor (particularly clothing, but also things like home decorating and kitchen cookware and whatnot), "getting your hair done/styled", watching shows like Sex and the City...these are the things I view as more feminine.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Everything except the last selection. Being more feminine is having more of the stereotypically female traits in your society, simple as that. It doesn't mean women are actually anything like the stereotypes, or that aligning to them yourself is negative in any way. It's just a technical definition. The only reason you would have a problem is if you were attaching unwarranted yet common negative connotations to the word "feminine".

Status
Not open for further replies.