What Level made you rage quit

ShippoFox said:
I don't disagree. But, for example, after the 10th try, the 20th try, or 30th try, I'm pretty frustrated. I'm not going to try to pretend I'm not when I just am. I don't break things or get a cough, but I complain to friends and might "grrrrrr!" a bit. And by the 20th or 30th try, I'm usually about to quit. I think I tried the FF7 Remake thing 20-30 times. I probably wasted over a dozen hours. Each try took 30-60 minutes. I hated it and I hope they don't put anything that ridiculous in the next game! (whatever century I finally get to play it.... since I'm not sure I want to get a PS5...)
I totally confused the word couch 🛋️ with cough 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: ShippoFox
I must be masochistic : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, on Amstrad.

When I was a kid, I loved it. It is supposed to be one of the worst game ever. But no, only good memories !!!!

Reactions: foxcub
Pretty much every 3rd level in Crash Bandicoot! GAH!

NinjaPizza said:
The final mission of Armored Core: 4 Answer.

Some friends convinced me to play the game, so I finally did. It's pretty good, the last mission is a very unfair fight. It's meant to be unfair--it's an ambush. But after twenty or thirty deaths, and having cleared every other mission in the game, I said **** it. No longer fun.
I really liked the first few Armored Core games. But I never played any after the first two or three. I think the last level is always a nightmare. I don't remember if I beat the first game or had to get someone to do it for me.

Tons of people will disagree, but I kinda hate the influence FromSoftware has had on gaming in general. I don't mind a challenge. A challenge can be fun. But.... sometimes it's just too much. 😣 And I'm kinda afraid of Dark Souls.... I haven't played any of them yet.

I love Dwarf Fortress even though it's a hard game sometimes. It's just a different kind of game. It's not like some linear story-based game, so I don't feel like I'm being blocked from seeing an ending or failing at the exact same thing every ten minutes or so.

ShippoFox said:
And I'm kinda afraid of Dark Souls.... I haven't played any of them yet.

Don't be afraid to give Dark Souls a try. The games are tough, but combat is well designed and actually very fair. Whenever you lose, it's almost always clear what you could have done instead to survive. Whenever you win, you feel epic. "Hell yeah! I did that!"

I tend to burn out very quickly.
Quit the first level of Hitman Silent Assassin and Hitman Codename 47. Did complete Bloodmoney .
Stopped playing the PS2 version of SanAndreas after failing Beach Party multiple times.

not exactly a level but when ive been working towards buying something in hollow knight and then i die close to my goal i get pretty done with that game, it takes soooo long to build up money but i guess that its difficult is one of the reasons i like it too. although i do have to agree with some others that early console games used to put every recent game to shame in terms of difficulty. tfw in 90s games the most difficult enemy is the camera XD

I've only rage-quit once as an adult. On Pokémon Legends: Arceus, there's a Pokémon called Enamorus and it's so hard to catch because it moves faster than you can. I tried for days before restarting the whole game lmao. I regret it, since now I have to go through the whole game again to try to catch it again. I need it for my Pokédex!

The reason of rage quite is one of the reason I don't play video games as much anymore. I just get too irritated when I can't pass a level.

Speaking of which I have not played it much but my brother-in-law has played and beating the game Back4Blood. The only reason he was able to beat it was because he had a like pro gamer helping him out. Has anyone else given up on that game because it was too difficult?

I tried to solo Azdaja the Joyous in Anarchy Online (an MMO) with 6 accounts once. I guess people do it, but they must really hate themselves, because that is a giant cluster faq. Once was all it took to never try that again.

And that's coming from someone who intentionally plays frustrating games like randomizer Super Metroid and Tetris the Grandmaster 2 and 3 clones.

ShippoFox said:
There's an optional challenge in FF7 Remake that I tried dozens of times. I hated it so much! I never beat it. I'm glad it wasn't required to finish the story, but I don't think it even becomes available until after that.
There were a couple of boss fights in Remake where I had to swallow my pride and engage Classic Mode in order to progress, heh. Oh well. Still loved the game, but I felt like the difficulty wasn't as even as it could've been.

To the OP's question: I actually can't think of a game I've rage-quit. My usual failure mode is boredom. If I can't progress, I steadily lose interest, and finally other games start looking like more fun.

Every... Single... Level... in The Surge. I'm just not cut out for souls-like games. 🤣

In resident evil Village, the one where you have to fight in the windmill area on the hardest difficulty. That was a pain in the arse. Kept on running out of ammo.

Amazing game though!

PaddedShooterBooty27 said:
Every... Single... Level... in The Surge. I'm just not cut out for souls-like games. 🤣

In resident evil Village, the one where you have to fight in the windmill area on the hardest difficulty. That was a pain in the arse. Kept on running out of ammo.

Amazing game though!
VoS difficulty? Wasn't there aa strat u could do without straining your ammo heavily?

iv been trying to beat Valfaris for weeks now. it makes me so mad :LOL:

Shingo said:
VoS difficulty? Wasn't there aa strat u could do without straining your ammo heavily?
This was like days within release so i was not aware of this strat 🙃

PaddedShooterBooty27 said:
This was like days within release so i was not aware of this strat 🙃
Understandable

Dont think i ever rage quit any game from it being too hard. More so just general gamerrage after stuff crashes causing hours of lost progress x.x
Im really stubborn xD Refuse to let a game beat me 😤

Grandmaster galaxy especially the perfect run from super Mario galaxy 2. It took me a lot of tries but I will never do that again

Last edited:
The Valkyrie fights on God Of War, specifically the one on Muspelheim... my hands were killing me after that fight and I was getting seriously annoyed during the many attempts and I lost the will to tackle the last 2. I've also broken a few keyboards during my younger days gaming.

Reactions: ZeeBonezz
On my second playthrough of Elden Ring I'm stuck on the godskin noble in lava manor like no matter how many upgrades I get I can't do it and I haven't really touch it since haha

Back