What languages do you speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
There has been alittle talk about this in the past but not alot was said. Resently a thread was started about the language software Roseta Stone and it got me thinking. What languages do you speak and if you only speak one language what language or languages would you like to learn?

As for myself I speak English and am learning German, but I know parts of Russian, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Spanish, Turkish, Chinese, and Dutch.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
lol I know English, and some more English, and like 3 sentences in Spanish -.-... Although I am taking Spanish next year so I'll FINALLY learn a foreign language.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I speak english, and that's it.

I honestly wanna learn either German or Japanese.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
English...And a little bit of Spanish...Hardly any even though I took 4 years of it

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've always been a bit useless with languages. I've heard people say that anyone can learn one and it's just a matter of dedication so maybe I'm just lazy, but I don't seem to have much of an affinity with them.

I do have a GCSE in German but that's fairly useless and I've forgotten all but the very basics - I could probably order a pint and...erm, that's about it. I know a teensy bit of French from school as well but really nothing to speak of.

Best way to do it, if you have the opportunity, is to go and live in another country for sixth months or so. I've got an annoying number of friends who have go to South America and come back almost fluent in Spanish.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I speak english, and that's it.

I honestly wanna learn either German or Japanese.
Get with Peachy, he helps me with my German all the time.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I know English and a little bit of Spanish and Japanese.

Shupie

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I speak English. Lots and lots of English. I took Spanish in high school, I can't really speak it, but I can read some of it... I'd like to learn some Japanese, too. Know just bits, and tend to squeal out bits when overly excited. DX I don't mean to, but it happens. A little interested in German since my friend is currently obsessed with it.

Does it count that I can speak in my own language I've been working on for the past few years~?

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Italian, English, A bit of French and A bit of latin and a dialect

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I know English and a few swear words in Spanish. I can also count to 10 in Korean. I keep meaning to learn Spanish, but I haven't gotton around to it.

tiger2

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
english
and some german, particuarly german cusses
but, i don't see my grandparents much anymore so my germans a bit rusty.

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
(Other than English of course) German, and various phrases in other languages. I've studied German for two years now, and after visiting Germany, I'd say it's pretty decent.

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
English and quite a fair bit of Spanish. I wouldn't say I'm fluent in it but I can understand someone if they are speaking slow enough for me to process it.

Bits and pieces of other languages.

A few numbers in korean, roughly up to 29, can't remember the word for 30. I used to know other words relating to my martial arts training.

I know just enough German to either get me killed in or kicked out of Germany.

Other than that though, nothing significant. One or two words which are basically just "yes" "no" "hello" and "goodbye" in various other languages.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well, ancient Greek, Titan, Babylonian, and... oh. You mean real languages.

Well, my naitive language is English, though I am French. I've been learning French for much of my life. I've also self taught myself Japenese, Korean, British, Strine, and dabbled a bit in Spanish.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
My Langua Franca is English :usa::uk:, I'm taking French classes, and I have a smattering of other phrases from languages such as Latin(eximus proprietus=superior ownership=Uber Pwnage!), Greek, German and Japanese.

The languages I wish to learn in the order of how badly I want to know them:

Japanese, Russian, Chinese, French :france: :canada:, Spanish, German :germany:, Arabian :saudiarabia:, Korean, Swiss :sweden:, Dutch :net:, Italian, Portugese :portugal:, 1337.

Z

Zeit

I'm a fluent english and french speaker (my french written leaves something to be desired, though). I also took some spanish classes not too long so i can still read it. Spoken/written spanish sorta went down the tubes. You either use it or lose it.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
- German (native language)
- English (9 years in school + 1 year living in the U.S.)
- Latin (4 1/2 years in school, although I can't "speak" it...just translate it)
- French (2 1/2 years in school)
- Russian (3 years in school + student exchange for 2 weeks in Moscow)

I've also picked up a fair amount of Dutch, although I can't say I really speak it as I'd probably screw up the grammar and wouldn't know half the words. It's fairly easy to read though as it's very close to northern German dialects.
I can also read a fair bit of Italian (which is close enough to Latin) and say a word or two.

Peachy

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
English, obviously, and at school I learnt German.
I can't exactly speak German though (although I did attempt to have a conversation once with another German student, in German, and that actually sort of worked. She just pronounced "Ich" really weirdly. :p), although if I heard or read some of it, I would probably get the gist of what was being said... maybe.

My Grandma lives in Spain, in this little village. It's like going back in time when I visit her. Well everyone there speaks Spanish (obviously as it is Spain, but it's not like a touristy place where there's some English), and after being there for a week it's surprising just how much you pick up.

I also learnt French at school... Can't remember much of that. I could probably ask for a Coke and a ham sandwich in French, but that's about it. Except for this:
Je suis un pamplemousse!

Languages at school are so useless!

Status
Not open for further replies.