What languages do you speak?

Justo said:
Its a different type of English.
nope it just sounds different... because of funny accents

Preciouslitlboy said:
maybe you use different words... but the majority of the language is the same! so its still english..

I speak English but I know some some words in Japanese (1.) Ohayo gozaimasu (ohio-go-zai-mas)means good morning (2.) Konnichiwa( Co-nit-chew-wa)means good afternoon (3.) Konbanwa (Cone- bon-wa)means good evening (4.) sumimasen which means excuse me (5.) Onamae wa Non desu-ka ( Own-na-my-wa-non-des-ka) means what is your name (6.) Hai (Hi) means yes(7.) Īe ( e- yea) means no (8.) Arigato ( Air-re-got-toe) means thank you this is all I know in Japanese

Last edited:
Preciouslitlboy said:
maybe you use different words... but the majority of the language is the same! so its still english..
It is not, it definately isn't.
My first attempts in an English speaking forum (with a majority of Englishmen) in what feels light years ago by now :
Well you know , I played soccer.
You did what?
Err, played soccer.
Next time you gonna use this term, I kick you until your butt is blue.
It is football, for god sake.
Me: okay.

Lesson learned. Yankee English is different from English English and even Aussie English. English speaking lads and lasses may have no bigger probs in each others countries but there are differences undoubtedly.
This is an observation from a non native speaker though. Anyway, I try my best to understand most of you even if you do not make it easy :p

Reactions: Preciouslitlboy
Andybun said:
It is not, it definately isn't.
My first attempts in an English speaking forum (with a majority of Englishmen) in what feels light years ago by now :
Well you know , I played soccer.
You did what?
Err, played soccer.
Next time you gonna use this term, I kick you until your butt is blue.
It is football, for god sake.
Me: okay.

Lesson learned. Yankee English is different from English English and even Aussie English. English speaking lads and lasses may have no bigger probs in each others countries but there are differences undoubtedly.
This is an observation from a non native speaker though. Anyway, I try my best to understand most of you even if you do not make it easy :p
thats what i mean just different words... soccer and football is the same thing , but yeah i dont care if you agree with me or not :) speak anything you wanna speak

Preciouslitlboy said:
I know just joking around.

I'm fluent in French and I arguably speak English :p

Reactions: perlFerret
Near said:
I'm fluent in French and I arguably speak English :p

I'll est possible que tu écrives un mieux français que moi xD

"It is possible than you write a better French than me xD"

dragon123 said:
I speak English but I know some some words in Japanese (1.) Ohayo gozaimasu (ohio-go-zai-mas)means good morning (2.) Konnichiwa( Co-nit-chew-wa)means good afternoon (3.) Konbanwa (Cone- bon-wa)means good evening (4.) sumimasen which means excuse me (5.) Onamae wa Non desu-ka ( Own-na-my-wa-non-des-ka) means what is your name (6.) Hai (Hi) means yes(7.) Īe ( e- yea) means no (8.) Arigato ( Air-re-got-toe) means thank you this is all I know in Japanese

1. おひよごさいます
  2. こにちわ
  3. こんばんは
  4. すみません
  5. お名前は何ですか
  6. はい
  7. いいえ
  8. ありがとう - There is a lot to unpack there as ありがとう is "thank you." ありがとうございます is "thank you very much."
Finally ありがとうございました is still "thank you very much" but is used after doing something. Like if you were returning a book you borrowed from someone you'd say ありがとうございました.

Unfortunately, I am only fluent in English. I do know a bit of German and a bit of Spanish (my German is much better than my Spanish), and I have even attempted to improve on these languages. However, I have found that I do not have time to immerse myself in a foreign language for hours a day to attain fluency.

I speak english. I know a teensy bit of German from high school, perhaps at the one-year-old-baby level.

I've always loved women who speak other languages, especially when there are two or more gals so that I only know the bits and pieces of the conversation where they choose to include me.

Preciouslitlboy said:
thats what i mean just different words... soccer and football is the same thing , but yeah i dont care if you agree with me or not :) speak anything you wanna speak
Just try understanding a Scott with a broad Glaswegian accent :( I can’t as I’m from the south of England where we talk proper

This is quite a nice little quiz. It places you to an English or Irish region, depending on your answers.
It rightly found that I'm not native but would place me along the southern and eastern Irish shores according to my knowledge of the language.
Try yourself at the link below :)
The British-Irish dialect quiz

Last edited:
I know like bits and pieces of a dozen languages, no more than "Hello" maybe "How are you" some select phrases or curse words so i won't really count it as knowing a language, more just parroting the sounds before telling you where the sounds come from.

I speak Icelandic as my native language, English obviously as a second, I know a fair bit of latin but cannot speak it and am trying to learn Japanese.

As listed above i also listen to a LOT of music in different languages, including

Icelandic:

HAM
Skálmöld

German:
Rammstein

Finnish
Korpliklaani

Latin
Many symphonic choirs and operas

Tagalog
Ako'y Nasasaktan

Korean
Raon Lee

Faroese
Týr

Russian
Katyusha
Kalinka

Japanese
Ladybaby
Babymetal
Lyu:Lyu
Shit ton of Vocaoid
Yousei Teikoku
Man with a mission

Zenka said:
I know like bits and pieces of a dozen languages, no more than "Hello" maybe "How are you" some select phrases or curse words so i won't really count it as knowing a language, more just parroting the sounds before telling you where the sounds come from.

I speak Icelandic as my native language, English obviously as a second, I know a fair bit of latin but cannot speak it and am trying to learn Japanese.

As listed above i also listen to a LOT of music in different languages, including

Icelandic:

HAM
Skálmöld

German:
Rammstein

Finnish
Korpliklaani

Latin
Many symphonic choirs and operas

Tagalog
Ako'y Nasasaktan

Korean
Raon Lee

Faroese
Týr

Russian
Katyusha
Kalinka

Japanese
Ladybaby
Babymetal
Lyu:Lyu
Shit ton of Vocaoid
Yousei Teikoku
Man with a mission

"This is the a to ö of Ísland."

English is my native tongue. I also speak French though it's been a long time.

Ma langue maternel est anglais. Je parle Français aussi, mais il y a des longtemps.

Native bilinguist - half cz/sk parents. Those two languages aren't so different.

Learned English from my 7 years.
Two years learned German, I can understand a lot, but is mostly limited to world of railway.
And now I speak Spanish every day - from 2006, I think is better than my English.

I can understand lot of slavian languages, but something more too -because similar a lot with Spanish and is where I'm living: Valenciano, Catalan, Italian...

If I really want, I'd learn any language.

Last edited:
I am South Korean so I can speak
“Korean”
and I am live in India now so I can speak
“Hindi and Indian english”
and I was studied in America so I can speak
“American English”
Also I learned “Japanese” by anime
lastely I know a little bit about “chinese “

Back