• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

What kind of HS do you go to?

What kind of High School do you go to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
So I am wondering what the percentage of people here go to a private high school (religious, or boarding school) versus a public high school? From what I have been told, kids are much more mature in private schools, though some people have told me the complete opposite. I've had a great experience here (a private, boarding school) and I'm wondering what all of your experiences are.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Attending public highschool.
There are a couple of private religious schools in our town. One of them only goes through grades K-8, then the students go to the public highschool.

The other, well, I heard the kids are no different there compared to the public highschool.
I don't plan on changing, since I have one year left ahead of me and I'm so outta there!

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
A public Junior High. Didn't want to wait 2 yrs before I could post in this thread.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I went to public high school and I like to think I turned out okay :p. High school was a lot of fun, especially doing all the band stuff I did.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I went to public schools my whole life...I think home school kids miss out on some things, but they tell me they are just as social as public school kids

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Private school here. I love it, and wouldn't even consider going to a public school at this point. Not that there's anything wrong with public schools... I just love my school too much to want to go anywhere else.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
The student body of the public HS I attended in Baltimore tended to be more mature than other schools in the city's education system.

First of all, it was and still is a school specializing in Engineering, and most students planned to go on to college for an Engineering degree. Passing grade there is 70%. Everyone attending was to behave like a gentlemen (it was all male at the time, but since has become co-ed) and wear button down shirts with neckties. Teachers would not even allow you to take a test if no necktie, so, in a humerous way, they usually had a desk drawer full of wild looking ties for a student to borrow to take their test. :D That tradition has been in existence since the school was started in the 1880's and continues to this day. Baltimore City has an open door policy with regards to high school attendance - you can choose whatever school you wish to attend. So kids who choose Poly, as the school is called, know what's expected of them academically and personally before they decide.

Secondly, the students were allowed to self govern themselves through a Student Advisory Board that the student body elected each year. If school rules were broken you appeared before the SAB to plead your case. If guilty, some type of *punishment* was meted out. It helped keep students out of the principal's office unless they were chronic rule breakers or commited something very serious to warrant the principal's taking action. It worked pretty well, and kids who did end up facing the SAB for rule infractions rathered doing that than sitting in the office wondering what was going to happen to them.

Pram was always a good boy, and never appeared before the board.;)

~Pramrider

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I went to four private high schools. The only one where I saw any maturity in the students and organisation in the employees was a Catholic high school of about 700. If I could do it again, I'd either go back to that school or go public.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I have been to public schools my whole life, some good but mostly bad because here in Florida the educational system sucks and i've been depribed of many educational oportunities.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I've gone to the same public school system my whole life. It's pretty good, not too many excessivly bad incidents (mind you, we do have a few though)

The people are in general a bit immature, but they are still nice.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Well, I'm out of high school now, but when I was in high school, I did it by correspondence. My courses were online and I could work at them at my own pace which allowed my to get ahead in school. I do think I missed out on the social aspect of high school, but in the end, it might have been worth it because I graduated early.

Role
Private
Some part of me always wanted to go to an all-boys school. ;)

But alas, I go to public school.
It's was alright. Quite different than a co-ed, I might add (my primary school was both genders).

I think teachers allowed us to get away with more stuff, but opposite to that, they were stricter in the sense when it came to academics and whatnot.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I go to a public high. But the public schools are better than the private schools in my town.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I went to Public HS...it was okay but very boring , I slept most of the time, didnt do the homework and Still passed if that tells you how high we was aiming .

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
There are VERY few private schools here (the international ones and I think a few others but don't quote me on that)

Anyhow, I'm simply in a public school.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I clicked "other" because you have to be accepted by this school. It's open to anyone who meets the high standards, a 3.75 GPA for 7th and 8th grades and a very high score on the entrance test.

Status
Not open for further replies.