What kind of designs should Goodnites L/XL get?

Huggies never made the nighttime pullups in a 4T-5T --the largest they've come is 3T-4T. When numerous parents wanted a pullup product from them for overnight in that size (since the daytime ones don't work for heavier wetters), KC's response was the XS pullups. Less in a package, and more expensive=greater profit.

Nyreal said:
Honestly, I don't see the appeal of the XS Goodnites or the 4T-5T nighttime pullups. In either case, if your little one needs to get up in the night to go, they're going to wake you up anyway. If they don't, then the purpose of the product being a pull-up is void either because they used it in their sleep or didn't wake you up when they went to the bathroom. Sizes tend to overlap while at the same time providing a more robust product. Pampers 7/8 > 4T-5T > XS Goodnites.

Spidermanbatman said:
Huggies never made the nighttime pullups in a 4T-5T --the largest they've come is 3T-4T. When numerous parents wanted a pullup product from them for overnight in that size (since the daytime ones don't work for heavier wetters), KC's response was the XS pullups. Less in a package, and more expensive=greater profit.

No they didn't make a 4t-5t nighttime pullup however the nighttime pullups are also larger in general. I had bought pullups multiple times and the 3t-4t nighttime pullup is the same size as a 4t-5t normal pullup, which makes it bigger than the XS goodnites. The inhearant problem is that Kimblery Clark just wants money. They intentionally don't make a 4t-5t nighttime pullup because parents think "3t-4t, my kid won't fit into that!" (even though they're larger) so they buy the XS goodnites, which are more money and have less per pack. Its a marketing scam.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
Spidermanbatman said:

Actually Huggies did make Night-Time Pull-Ups in 4T-5T size; they were just never released in the US. I still don't know why Huggies would make XS Drynites seeing as we did not get them over here. Drynites come in three different sizes over here, albeit our smallest is actually made for small people, and not toddlers which is the impression I am getting about your XS size. It definitely does sound like a marketing gimmick given that the padding of the Night-Time Pull-Ups is very similar to, if not, just like the padding of Drynites.

AddyShadows said:
No they didn't make a 4t-5t nighttime pullup however the nighttime pullups are also larger in general. I had bought pullups multiple times and the 3t-4t nighttime pullup is the same size as a 4t-5t normal pullup, which makes it bigger than the XS goodnites. The inhearant problem is that Kimblery Clark just wants money. They intentionally don't make a 4t-5t nighttime pullup because parents think "3t-4t, my kid won't fit into that!" (even though they're larger) so they buy the XS goodnites, which are more money and have less per pack. Its a marketing scam.
Clearly. If they were interested in producing the best product available, there would at least be a size 7+ (maybe even 8+) marketed toward bedwetting. It would provide parents with more units per package for the same price while also being more robust.

As we all know here, tape diapers are superior to pullups in every way except breathability. But this might be a "Rules for Rulers" situation where we think we know better than those who appear self-destructive.

Back