What is with restricting access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimsett

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I must say that this is the FIRST forum I have visited in the many years that I have been on the internet that restricts viewing of posts, hence forcing people to actually post something if they wish to read some of the stories.

Have you actually thought that people may not actually wish to post anything?

I have not seen any posting/faq that states posting is mandatory or you will lose viewing rights.

Most likely this post will either be deleted, or I will be banned.

But the bottom line is, I am NOT going to post an introduction or give out information on myself if I am no inclined to do so.

It is a shame as there were a couple of stories that I would have liked to continue reading.

Oh well.

DLNYupstate

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
I've been on the site for a few days now and have not come across any forum topics that were restricted. Where are you seeing this?

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I guess not everything is necessarily for free. We are a community, not primarily a story site, so whatever restriction you're experiencing, it might even probably a karmic response to something idiotic you've done in the past. If you didn't cut that old lady off in the road, you'd be able to view the stories; if you didn't punch that guy in the mouth in high-school, you'd be able to view the stories.

Our stories are written by members for other members to read -- if that's all you're here for, find another site with stories that wil suit your interests. This is a community of support and safety, and personally, I'm totally fine with the idea of random lurkers -- regardless of whether the restriction comes from our end or your end -- not being able to see something like that.

If you are interested in introducing yourself, please do so -- you don't have to reveal any personal information, and what you're missing out on is being a part of one of the most well-run and clean communities associated with the lifestyle. If you're not interested, that's fine too, but let's not make tears about it.

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I must say that this is the FIRST forum I have visited in the many years that I have been on the internet that restricts viewing of posts, hence forcing people to actually post something if they wish to read some of the stories.

I have not seen any posting/faq that states posting is mandatory or you will lose viewing rights.

But the bottom line is, I am NOT going to post an introduction or give out information on myself if I am no inclined to do so.

It is a shame as there were a couple of stories that I would have liked to continue reading.

Oh well.
well, you make a good point, but i think rance said it all.

anyways lighten up, were not going to just delete the post because you may have a different view of things.. and why would we ban you, you havent done anything wrong mate, but in the spirit of 'lighen up' it also means, dont be so uptight, i didnt think id ever want to post when i joined, but you find theres stuff that catches your eye. just well do what comes naturally. trust me youll enjoy it

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've seen things like this on a few other sites...But for them, you actually have to post more than once to be able to have some more access...All you have to do though is post once, and within an hour you'll be up a rank...And once you get 20 posts (and no neg rep), you'll go up to regular...With another board to access...But it's really not that big of a deal...If you really hate it that much, then like you said, there are other sites where you don't have to do this :D

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Two simple reasons:

(1) This is a forum - if no one posts, no one has anything to read. That's why we have to make people post something.

(2) This forum deals with sensitive topics involving people's private parts and sexual aspects, while this forum is open to minors. That means we have to be careful who we allow to see sensitive parts of the forum to make sure no pedophiles or perverts come in here. In other words: If you don't trust us with your sensitive information, we won't trust you with ours either. And I'm afraid you have to make the first step in order to prove to us that you're not a threat to this site and its members. Obviously, we can't figure that out if you remain silent.

Peachy

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
wimsett said:

Oh well.
Oh, boo ****ing hoo. Cry me a river.

Have YOU thought that maybe we like active members here at ADISC and encourage our members to contribute, instead of just lurk around and read stories. No, you clearly didn't contemplate it at all.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover

Oh well.
Well there's sites out there that charge 20 dollars or a monthly fee for entry. Its also not hard to be a regular here there is plenty of stuff to talk about here and not just about diapers. The off-topic section rocks, same with the Mature section.

S

Secret

Maybe if you could contributed to the site instead of being a whiner and complaining about our awesome forums and there fairly reasonable rules and regualktions!

Would you like some WHINE with that cheese or should I call the WAHHambulance.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Er, so why bother creating an account on a forum if you don't plan on posting at all?

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I guess where like one of those hippie communities where like you give something to the tribe and the tribe gives something back.

like you have to post and contribute tot he site in one way or another and in exchange you get to view stories and stuff her.

peace brother!
yay hippies!!!!!!!!! ^^ lol
but seriously i dont think its asking for much to post here and there
the stories here are pretty good but hey probably wouldnt get better each chapter if people here didnt contribute with helpful advice or constructive critisism im sure at some point you might have some quesions im sure if youll post them peole would be glad to help you because we all just give our 2 cents here

but im sure there are other great sites you can go to oh wait nvm scratch that im sure there are other sites you can go to! ^^

wimsett

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Two simple reasons:

(1) This is a forum - if no one posts, no one has anything to read. That's why we have to make people post something.

(2) This forum deals with sensitive topics involving people's private parts and sexual aspects, while this forum is open to minors. That means we have to be careful who we allow to see sensitive parts of the forum to make sure no pedophiles or perverts come in here. In other words: If you don't trust us with your sensitive information, we won't trust you with ours either. And I'm afraid you have to make the first step in order to prove to us that you're not a threat to this site and its members. Obviously, we can't figure that out if you remain silent.

Peachy
Thank you for the response Peachy,

Though it would be a lot better if things such as minimum postings etc are made very clear in the rules. That is not too much to ask. With the number of years that I have been around the internet I do read the rules before posting or joining.

And as a side note, no this is not the best run site for the community.

It is the only site that has left a rather sour taste in my mouth.

It also does nobody any harm if someone does lurk.

That is what was REQUIRED of the news groups early on in the internet, and of many message boards.

As for the whining of the non-adult members, well that figures.

I probably would have commented on stories, but not now. I do have many other sites that I can LURK on and have done so for years.

This is my last post here.

I would prefer my account to be deleted.

Role
Private
And as a side note, no this is not the best run site for the community.

It is the only site that has left a rather sour taste in my mouth.

It also does nobody any harm if someone does lurk.

That is what was REQUIRED of the news groups early on in the internet, and of many message boards.

I probably would have commented on stories, but not now. I do have many other sites that I can LURK on and have done so for years.

I would love to know what you think the best site actually is, and explain why.

But I guess this is your last post... >_>

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Wimsett said:
Early on in the internet? Sure, I agree, except this community and the internet has been around long enough now where it can support itself for a span of time so it is no longer considered essential. As Peachy already explained this isn't just yet another message board, it can and does include intimate information and discussions between members that know each other on and off the internet for years.

I do have many other sites that I can LURK on and have done so for years.
For many years? Why not contribute rather than take other peoples contributions for granted?

I guess I shouldn't expect a reply.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, we can't please EveryBody.

Experienced people who come here may expect to be immediately respected for whom they THINK they are, without the expense (time, thought) of proving it to the community. That's patently unfair to the rest of the community. Our needs and wants in that area have been adequately explained, and not accepted by this member.

If he wants to leave, let him. We will survive and the bad taste he leaves will go away the next time an enthusiastic newbie comes around.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'm an adult...old enough to be a mother to some of the participants on this site, although by no means the eldest member of the 'tribe'....and the only one I saw whining in this particular thread was yourself, wimsett. "Oh I can't view the stories...waiter more whiiiiiiiine please!" *rolls eyes* SERIOUSLY, you are probably the most childish (and I don't mean that in a good way) person I've seen on this forum in a very long time!!

Another prime example of your maturity! Now, ask any of us if we really care!

To get that satisfaction you'll need to make one more post...in the requests forum. OMG! Another RULE! *wonders if we all should just fall down 'n die now*

HAHAHA And you all thought I was gone! :p

Role
Diaper Lover
I thought that old accounts were never deleted, you don't have to post ANYTHING about yourself if you do not want, you just have to post 20 times. Then you can read and comment on stories, I'm sure you can do that.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
To get that satisfaction you'll need to make one more post...in the requests forum. OMG! Another RULE! *wonders if we all should just fall down 'n die now*

HAHAHA And you all thought I was gone! :p
Isn't there an option to delete your account when you edit your options or details or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.