What is thicker and wider

Kashmir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Witch is thicker and wider a large mega max or a little for big diaper in the crotch area

I would have to say that ab/dl oriented diapers tend to be larger but sometimes have less capacity than high quality medical brands. I have the many experiences with rearz and megamax (the one im currently waring) and I would have to say if you want something large than go with the ab/dl brand but be prepared to pay a premium for something that is less secure but more flashy. don't get me wrong, though I can't vouch for little for bigs disposable line of diapers I can relate to very similar brands, styles, etc and most often than not they are very good. You can also try boosters pads, layering diapers, or even waring a cloth diaper on the outside of a disposable if you desire thickness. I have a couple of little for big cloth diapers and their fun to where, even if you decide not to use them.

Reactions: littledreamers333
I think MegaMax is around 8". Rearz Barnyard is 9". Little for Big? Idk. Is there anything wider than Barnyard?
There is a Youtube channel that reviews adult diapers and measure them. Search "K Huck". They are very informative.

Reactions: BJsTyLeZ, RedPandaDL and BobbiSueEllen
sissysissy said:
I think MegaMax is around 8". Rearz Barnyard is 9". Little for Big? Idk. Is there anything wider than Barnyard?
There is a Youtube channel that reviews adult diapers and measure them. Search "K Huck". They are very informative.
Ah yes, thats where I learned how to properly fluff my diapers. I watch her vids

Oshjay2 said:
I would have to say that ab/dl oriented diapers tend to be larger but sometimes have less capacity than high quality medical brands. I have the many experiences with rearz and megamax (the one im currently waring) and I would have to say if you want something large than go with the ab/dl brand but be prepared to pay a premium for something that is less secure but more flashy. don't get me wrong, though I can't vouch for little for bigs disposable line of diapers I can relate to very similar brands, styles, etc and most often than not they are very good. You can also try boosters pads, layering diapers, or even waring a cloth diaper on the outside of a disposable if you desire thickness. I have a couple of little for big cloth diapers and their fun to where, even if you decide not to use them.
Im curious what medical diaper have you found to out perform a rearz diaper... i use safari at night and inspire in control nighttime diapers for during the day because they are plain white and i have never found a diaper that performs better.. i would be interested in that specific medical diaper for my day time use.. thanks

Here's an old stash photo I took a year ago. I do not have a megamax to compare, but the Forsite Under The Sea is definitely the widest diaper I have ever purchased. These diapers are all medium size.

There is one LFB diaper in the middle bin, bottom right corner, it's next to a Forsite Under The Sea, which is visibly wider.

d1.png

Reactions: Mommysdiaperboy
Mommysdiaperboy said:
Im curious what medical diaper have you found to out perform a rearz diaper... i use safari at night and inspire in control nighttime diapers for during the day because they are plain white and i have never found a diaper that performs better.. i would be interested in that specific medical diaper for my day time use.. thanks
What I've noticed with megamax is when you urinate it tends to absorb and stops there, meaning once everything absorbs it won't continue to travel to other sections of the padding. Like if I wet than lay down it won't continue to travel down, making the rest less absorbent. When I wear Rearz safari if I wet once and fall asleep it continues to travel down completely soaking the seat of the diaper over a couple of hours laying in it. Causing leaks that even come out the back from whare the waste of the diaper meets my back. In high-quality medical diapers like megamax that's never happened to me. That's why I said that whilst rearz (or any abdl diaper) is thicker but less secure long term. In the end it really comes down to what you like. One thing that works for me might not work for you. I was just conveying what I've learned in the 8 or 9 years I've been wearing.

Reactions: Tigondegra and Mommysdiaperboy
7.5 to 8.5 inches wide is the norm for most ABDL diapers. They're all pretty close. It can vary a bit, depending on how you measure. Some diapers clearly have a "base pad" that they lay down an internal booster over, that isn't the same width. So for example, it may look like it's 8" wide, but if you feel the padding, you can tell that the main bulk of the padding might be 7" in the crotch.

Regardless, it's difficult to feel the difference in width. It's easier to tell them apart though if one is thicker than the other, because that adds up fast.

Oshjay2 said:
What I've noticed with megamax is when you urinate it tends to absorb and stops there, meaning once everything absorbs it won't continue to travel to other sections of the padding. Like if I wet than lay down it won't continue to travel down, making the rest less absorbent. When I wear Rearz safari if I wet once and fall asleep it continues to travel down completely soaking the seat of the diaper over a couple of hours laying in it. Causing leaks that even come out the back from whare the waste of the diaper meets my back. In high-quality medical diapers like megamax that's never happened to me. That's why I said that whilst rearz (or any abdl diaper) is thicker but less secure long term. In the end it really comes down to what you like. One thing that works for me might not work for you. I was just conveying what I've learned in the 8 or 9 years I've been wearing.
Ok ill give megamax a try.. very true on all your points!

The diaper reviews thread here on ADISC has sizing measurements.

Reactions: Foxroxsox
Back